Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Across Roman Borders
posted 02 August 2009 08:41 AM EDT (US)   

Across Roman Borders

The Future of My Country lays in your hands

Across Roman Borders lies land full of barbarians. Thats what the Romans used to say..
In my new scenario "Across Roman Borders" there will be 2 teams.
3 Germanic Dutch Tribe players vs 3 Roman conquering legions, also players.

The scenario's location is The Netherlands, Northern Belgium, West-Germany (a few pieces of).
In this game all players will have to set up Diplomacy, conquer surrounding areas, defeat enemy tribes / become better than the other Roman legions.
It will be full with missions, the game will feel like a Total War Games: Multiplayer Campaign.
There will be historical happenings like German Riots, Franks and Saxon invasions trying to destroy the players villages. The Romans will have to defend the Rhine (Rijn/Rhein/Rhin/Rhenus) and the Meuse (Maas/Mosa/Mus) from German attacks. Also the Romans can make the german players as their Vazals and send ambassadors/messagers for example: Organize a Barbarian Cohort to fight for your legion. Like the legendary Batavian Cavalry Cohort. The Roman player will have to send a ambassador who will demand the Romans to train soldiers for them and send them to one of the Roman forts or send them in battle or convert the warriors to a Roman player. Also religion will have it's introduction. Romans can send taxadvisors to the Germans to pay tribute or feel punishment. And ofcourse ancient relics can be found.
Also events will occure:
-Riots vs Romans: peasants attacking Roman Forts or Trade routes.
-New Heroes as Roman Generals or Germanic Warriors will do their entrance.
-Historical Characters will join the game and start a war-campaign vs their enemies:
-Ceasar "Germanus", will do his introduction for one of the Romans and will convince the player to make war and capture settlements.
-Arminius, He will start a war-campaign vs the Romans (Battle of the Teutoburg Forest).
-Brinno and the Batavian Rebellion.
-Varus, his greatest enemy is Arminius.
-Drusus (III) Caesar
-Domitius Corbulo
-Olennius
and later maybe even more!

Screenshots

Roman Forts:
[JPEG, (299.95 KB)]

[JPEG, (323.79 KB)]

[JPEG, (314.29 KB)]

[JPEG, (355.85 KB)]

Dolmen:
[JPEG, (259.36 KB)]

[JPEG, (255.99 KB)]

[JPEG, (267.91 KB)]

Ingame Screenshots
[JPEG, (354.25 KB)]

[JPEG, (307.53 KB)]

[JPEG, (303.88 KB)]

[JPEG, (268.57 KB)]

New Screenshots
~ 08-02-09 ~

I Hope You Enjoyed The Screenshots.

Triggers

Map

Missions
(Also including at Triggers)

I've decided to continue developping this scenario though it takes much time.
It's always worth a try

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 08-04-2009 @ 02:23 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02 August 2009 08:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
Your idea is nice . Good luck with your project.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 02 August 2009 08:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
mm interesting Gl with this as with all of your scenarios
posted 02 August 2009 10:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
I'm addicted to Rome Total War, I will surely download your scenario once it's done, if you need playtesters later ask me on my email: Alex_Of_Macedon@hotmail.com

Seeing the screenshots, I advice you to work on eyecandy a bit. Also per instance, instead of having barracks in your roman forts, make big tents and then have miniature buildings inside them, so you could make the tents create units, because it doesn't look realistic having brick buildings in camps...

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
posted 02 August 2009 12:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
Brick buildings not realistic in a camp? lol
I did some research and gathered my knowledge about this stuff.
Roman camps in my country were mostly build up out of mobilisation-buildings (barracks), hospital building, general's barrack/office, walls (palisade or mud walls).

The biggest Roman Fort/Camp in my country was
Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum (Nijmegen)
[JPEG, (1.18 MB)]
It was able to garrison 2 whole legions.

Even at elementary school's history lessons they told us the stuff i wrote above, most of it.

Btw the game's dato is after Christ. Developing from around 10 AC to 300 AC.
posted 02 August 2009 12:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
Oh sorry I thought when you meant fort you meant the camps they made each night, if you mean the kind of forts they stayed in for all of winter, or like the ones Ceasar made to watch over the Rhine during The Gallic Wars, yeah some of them were getting stone buildings after some years, especially in middle of the empire era (I thought yours was only set during Augustus' reign, as you talked about he and Varus and battle of Teutoburg.

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great

[This message has been edited by Alex_Of_Macedon (edited 08-02-2009 @ 12:12 PM).]

posted 02 August 2009 12:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
I'm not sure yet about what time to start the game, or when Arminius showed up or when Drusus came :/ ah well i'm first going to finish the map itself.
posted 02 August 2009 12:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
Good luck on this map. I'm sure you will make it good.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 02 August 2009 05:20 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
IS the Dialogue Screen also usable in multiplayer?
I'm going to make a custom music system in this game. If can't use the dialogue thingy i'll just use the chat contain trigger :P
posted 02 August 2009 06:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
Awesome! Someone who posts screenshots of the general landscape rather than of particular thor-hammer abusing eyecandy locations! More people should do that. I think landscape design is one of the underrated aspects of AoM map design.

I also like the historical accuracy you strive for. Make sure gameplay is your number one priority, though.
posted 03 August 2009 03:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
Thanks for the encouragement everyone
posted 03 August 2009 03:49 AM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
IS the Dialogue Screen also usable in multiplayer?
No, but I remember someone trying to find/making one at one point.. Maybe search it.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 03 August 2009 02:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
No, but I remember someone trying to find/making one at one point.. Maybe search it.
Lies. It is. I've done it. It works great.Especially for music. But I found a new way.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 03 August 2009 04:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
But I found a new way.
Omoshiroi :O Please tell me!
I beg of you! ;p
posted 16 August 2009 03:40 AM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
I'm having a really annoying problem.

When i try to test it at multiplayer (it's not finished!) It crashes, it can't load the map for some reason. When the game is supposed to start, it crashes..
At the editor i can easily play it without problems.

Is it a trigger problem?
If it was a map problem i couldn't playtest it either so.

I'm looking through all my triggers and what catches my eyes is. I got many loop triggers for example Change Unit Names Area the one u need to put in unit id and new name and set area and type in radius etc.
Could that trigger be the cause?
posted 16 August 2009 11:26 AM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
Somethings are best to figure out yourself. Try changing the name... you might have screwed up the extension.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 16 August 2009 11:39 AM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
i already resaved it at another name.
posted 16 August 2009 09:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
Hey, Nick. If you remember me, and you should, we were great friends, come on AoM and PM me soon, I have many things I want to talk to you about.

It's a signature, What more do you want?
posted 17 August 2009 02:47 AM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
Don't decide for yourself, i know who you are. I have some good friends at your old clan, but you? nah sorry.
And i'm still a solo-artist, not a team player.

You haven't changed one bit Chickenwrap, you're still demanding and going for your own desires. I do not like the likes of you.
posted 17 August 2009 03:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
Nick,I was not demanding you do something in any way, shape, or form. What clan? I don't own the WRP Clan, I did own AC, though, but it died. Anyway, If you don't remember me, you might know another one of my accounts, anyway, I'm sorry I came off that way to you, I really am, but you have a couple maps of mine that I would really like back so I can continue working on them, if that's alright?

Madagascar Wars, You should remember that one, I think I published it under a different name, though, Ohhhmyleg, I think.
Rural Zombie Onslaught, I don't think you have this one, but if you do.. Please?

There are a couple of others, but I forget, so, it doesn't matter there. Just, come on Nick, I'm not trying to act like a jerk, I know we were great friends, come on Nick, REMEMBER!

posted 17 August 2009 03:18 PM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
Madagascar Wars? i remember that name, sadly i don't have it anymore.. my pc crashed 5 times in a year time -.-

'friend' u know the meaning of that?
if u were my friend i would be forgivefull,
i would be kindattituded towards you instead of cold.
you mentioning anything now?

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 08-17-2009 @ 03:21 PM).]

posted 17 August 2009 03:20 PM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
Yes I do, I'm sorry you didn't consider us like that, we did a lot of stuff together, beta-testing, ideas, playing maps, etc. etc.

Since, instead of posting something else, you edited, Nick, If you don't want to be friends anymore, I understand that, but I remember you being kind to me, and vice-versa.

[This message has been edited by ChickenWrap (edited 08-17-2009 @ 07:26 PM).]

posted 31 August 2009 08:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
Is this still being worked on? It looked very interesting.

Signatures are broken
posted 18 October 2009 03:05 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
It's been a while, AoMH..
I'm giving you a small update this time.
Enjoy!

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Across Roman Borders
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames