You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68  Next Page »
posted 23 July 2010 11:41 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use Azur's thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.

2. How do I install a trigger?
    When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AoM installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology by default). Now open the trigger folder if you intend to use the trigger in vanilla, or open the trigger2 folder if you use The Titans expansion. Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above < /Conditions>, if you requested an effect paste it right above < /Effects>. Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

1. When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.
    2. If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

3. How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

4. So... How exactly are new triggers made?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can parse XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a series of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, useful triggers.

5. Can I request anything?
    Although we can do a lot with today's knowledge, there are still limitation we won't ever get around. So if you think of a cool new trigger, make sure to post a request but don't forget you might get a negative reply. Commonly requested triggers that are not possible include (but are not limited to):

• Modify Unit: change the stats of 1 particular unit.
    • Change Playername
    • Change Major God
    • Transform ALL units on map for player
    • I'll add more when I think of them.

6. I want to learn trigger scripting, how do I do that?
    It takes quite some time, but if you really want to learn trigger coding, we recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers. Therefore, go here: Master XS (WIP). If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to create only simple triggers, read this guide.

7. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also linking camera tracks, using Run Immediately, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. Nottud's Latest Triggers by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. Target Protounit Query by HailToTheOboe

Miscellaneous:
  1. First TRT by invent00r
  2. Trigger Templates by Mephiles
  3. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform.
Example - Optional. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b] -
[b]Description[/b] -
[b]Example[/b] -

We might even ignore posts in other formats if we're in a bad mood
Remember that not all triggers are possible but we will try our best.

Unfinished Requests

• Unit Patrol by Bingo Little
  • Army Wander by Endarron
  • QV Damage Units in QV area by name by mrjonathan0
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit by dwieeb
  • Damage units in Area by % (has been done before?) by Steak And Khan
  • Most Units In Area by Sir_Hans
  • QV Modify x by satansfall
  • Move from area to random area by Mister SCP
  • Set Unit Formation by aZeusDude2
  • Army Deploy Random Myth Unit by bgan
  • QV Randomize Series by Alexgd92
  • Convert all except protounit (or unit) by Joshonator
  • SET Ambient Colour/Sun Colour/Sun Specular/Terrain Ambient Fade Version by andrewv42
  • Damage units near army by AJER
  • QV count units in area with state by AuroraP
  • QV Grant random resources per stat by AuroraP
  • Condition: Random Timer by SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy in line by SwordOfValor
  • Condition: unit (type/in area) worked on other unit. by WinstonShnozwick
  • Gruoup selected by Guard of Olympus
  • Pick Unit by XxXItachiXxX
  • Modify Protounit All Percent by AuroraP
  • Random Forest by Bubble

• Finished Requests

• Damage Units near protounit for sneaky_squirrel & mrjonathan0
  • Move units from area to unit for Azur
  • Clear Chat History of Player & Chat Contains Anything for Lewonas
  • QV Change unit type by ID for Yeebaagooon
  • Move to QV Unit for Yeebaagoon
  • QV Modify Protounit for Xzyiothe
  • Player Kill GP Slot for Titanic Kraken
  • Move all player units for Anstar
  • Protounit Change Name for Dimir_Guildmage
  • Shop start/end with max for Mephiles
  • Diplomacy trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Diplomacy both ways trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Modify protounit trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Convert trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Make all units have no bonuses for Brighty
  • Conditional Army Units in Area for Sneaky_Squirrel
  • GROUP Select 2 for AuroraP
  • Send QV Color Chat for Alexgd92
  • Quest Var xModify for Alexgd92
  • QV Randomize 4 amounts for Alexgd92
  • QV Set Population Count for Beelzebub
  • Units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • Damage units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • AG with armies for SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy QV Count for Silicone Ruff Jr
  • Quest Var set rank for gunner1
  • Convert units in area to random player for Zorx
  • Units Change Name By Type for beerad
  • Army deploy where the units facing for SwordOfValor
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit for Noble
  • Convert Random Units In Selection for xEXOLARx
  • QV Set Units in Area (Center Army) for SwordOfValor
  • Move Units from Area (action) for SwordOfValor

• Enjoy.
    Last updated: 03 september 2009

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    Replies:
    posted 23 July 2010 11:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1689  
    Right now this thread is a direct copy of Mythic_Freak's original thread. I am taking suggestions of how we can make this thread be as useful as possible taking advantage of me being willing to put a database with sort, search and tracking capabilities behind the content of the main post.

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 07-23-2010 @ 07:40 PM).]

posted 23 July 2010 12:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 1689  
    1) Wipe the finished/unfinished requests, those are from a long time ago so serve no purpose by being here still, start anew with this one.

2) Take out/add new questions to the FAQ, as I did with the question thread. And add links to the question thread and modding thread.

3) Like I did to the q thread when I had it, try to make the layout of this look nicer, and improve it asthetically. Colored hr bars, use the indent tags in the faq, all that stuff.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    posted 23 July 2010 01:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 1689  
    Hey sorry this is off topic, are you still wanting to playtest ESP elrich? Just so i can reference it. Ive taken a break on ESP, but im not gonna explain why, im already off topic lol.
    Sorry and god bless

Currently Designing Elder Scrolls Project (ESP) 12% Complete
    1000+ character combinations,Vast Open World Environments,Twisting Story,All on the AOM engine.
    Release date is unknown.Small breaks are being taken to prevent loss of interest due to overwhelming designing.
    posted 23 July 2010 01:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 1689  
    This is thread 3 ;p.

I think you should make a list of commonly asked for triggers with links to their DLs/code. And new question thread.

Sure this will be great .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 07-23-2010 @ 01:47 PM).]

posted 23 July 2010 04:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 1689  
    if no ones gonna supply ideas then heres two

Set tech status in area - well something is needed to seperate those elite guards from the militia... - E.g. palace guard -> champion and iron upgrades and City guards -> heavy and bronze upgrades, militia -> copper upgrades -

my second is similar to the first in a few ways

Set Civilization name in area - description in name ;P - e.g. two towns, an example for what i need in my RPG is one town a Spartan base (that would be its name) and the other Corinth itself (Corinth of course) -

Please make these ASAP, they arent the most important thing I need for my RPG saviors of corinth but it would really seperate it from the rest, even though its pretty seperate as it is!
    posted 23 July 2010 05:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 1689  
    Right now this thread is a direct copy of Mythic_Freak's original thread.
    Fail.
    -invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
    Paused: AI (%4.247)
    Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
    posted 23 July 2010 05:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 1689  
    wat

I won the lpw.
    posted 23 July 2010 06:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 1689  
    @BSU_DoLhades: We can do a "in area" trigger only when it's related to units, not techs or civ names, so sorry, these are impossible
    But why don't you just add more players with the different combinations of techs and civ names you like?

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
    RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
    Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
    Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
    WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
    My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    posted 23 July 2010 07:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 1689  
    damnit, janet! I completely forgot about Invent00r's original thread, but I did mean the MP will be a copy of Mythic's

@Yeebaagooon: can you change the title of the thread NOT to say II (put III or nothing w/e)

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 07-23-2010 @ 07:41 PM).]

posted 24 July 2010 01:08 AM EDT (US)     10 / 1689  
    This doesn't seem to be working.
    <Condition name="Units in User Defined Area">
    <Param name="Obj" dispName="$$22295$$Source Units" VarType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Location" dispName="Corner object 1" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Location2" dispName="Corner object 2" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Op" dispName="$$22297$$Operator" VarType="operator">==</Param>
    <Param name="Count" dispName="$$22304$$Count" VarType="float">1</Param>
    <Command>for(result=0;>1){} for(q=0;>1){} for(w=0;>1){} for(a=0;>1){} for(s=0;>1){}</Command>
    <Command>for(x=0;>1){} for(y=0;>1){}</Command>
    <Command>q=xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition("%Location%"));w=xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition("%Location%"));</Command>
    <Command>a=xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition("%Location2%"));s=xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition("%Location2%"));</Command>
    <Command loop="" loopParm="Obj">x=xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition("%Obj%"));y=xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition("%Obj%"));if(((w>=y)!=true||(y>=s)!=true||(x>=q)!=true||(a>=x)!=true)!=true){result++;}</Command>
    <Expression>result %Op% %Count%</Expression>
    </Condition>

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    posted 24 July 2010 08:36 AM EDT (US)     11 / 1689  
    Fail.
    At least mine got stickied!

@Elrich: so that admin@... e-mail address works on MSN too?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
    posted 24 July 2010 09:25 AM EDT (US)     12 / 1689  
    Threw this together. Killed all my custom triggers, does someone mind showing me right?

<Effect name="yChange Name QV3">
    <Param name="Name1" dispName="$$23784$$Name" varType="stringid">Name</Param>
    <Param name="Name2" dispName="$$23784$$Name" varType="stringid">Name</Param>
    <Param name="Name3" dispName="$$23784$$Name" varType="stringid">Name</Param>
    <Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("%NewName%", 1, 3, false);</Command>
    <Command>if(%NewName%==1) trUnitChangeName("%Name1%");</Command>
    <Command>if(%NewName%==2) trUnitChangeName("%Name2%");</Command>
    <Command>if(%NewName%==3) trUnitChangeName("%Name3%");</Command>
    </Effect>

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 24 July 2010 10:22 AM EDT (US)     13 / 1689  
    @ Xzyiothe
    I've highlighted a few problems in bold below.
    trQuestVarSetFromRand("%NewName%", 1, 3, false);
    if(%NewName%==1) trUnitChangeName("%Name1%");
    if(%NewName%==2) trUnitChangeName("%Name2%");
    if(%NewName%==3) trUnitChangeName("%Name3%");

You only use %NewName% for parameter names (i.e. declared in the param tags) which NewName isn't, it's just the name given to a QV and since NewName is a QV you need to use trQuestVarGet("NewName") in order to get it's value. In the randomisation bit, you want to set rounding to true so that you don't get something like 1.0567 as the result instead of 1, 2 or 3

I've made these changes here:

<Effect name="yChange Name QV3">
    <Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("NewName", 1, 3, true);</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==1) trUnitChangeName("%Name1%");</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==2) trUnitChangeName("%Name2%");</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==3) trUnitChangeName("%Name3%");</Command>
    </Effect>
    I've not tested it, but those were the only problems I could see.

Edit: Expanding on the idea, I came up with this:

<Effect name="y Change Name Random">
    <Param name="Names" dispName="Number of Names" varType="long">6</Param>
    <Param name="Name4" dispName="$$23784$$Name" varType="stringid">Name</Param>
    <Param name="Name5" dispName="$$23784$$Name" varType="stringid">Name</Param>
    <Param name="Name6" dispName="$$23784$$Name" varType="stringid">Name</Param>
    <Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("NewName", 1, %Names%, true);</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==1) trUnitChangeName("%Name1%");</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==2) trUnitChangeName("%Name2%");</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==3) trUnitChangeName("%Name3%");</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==4) trUnitChangeName("%Name4%");</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==5) trUnitChangeName("%Name5%");</Command>
    <Command>if(trQuestVarGet("NewName")==6) trUnitChangeName("%Name6%");</Command>
    </Effect>
    It randomly chooses one of up to 6 names to which to change.

[This message has been edited by perpetual_n00b (edited 07-24-2010 @ 10:42 AM).]

posted 24 July 2010 10:36 AM EDT (US)     14 / 1689  
    Winston, if it is not trigger locking, but isn't detecting units either, try switching the corners with each other, or using opposite corners instead.
    posted 24 July 2010 11:29 AM EDT (US)     15 / 1689  
    Works great. However, I believe my issue was the "f" I somehow inputted at the beginning of the file. Guess I'll never know if I have any talent whatsoever, because this trigger is even better. Thanks!

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 24 July 2010 01:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 1689  
    The talent is in coming up with an idea that will work (which you did), the rest is just syntax.
    posted 24 July 2010 01:36 PM EDT (US)     17 / 1689  
    Hail, it still wont work for some reason. It doesnt cause a trigger lock, all others work, but it wont fire the effects in the trigger, I tested by just including a send chat to see if it would work. So it wont detect for some reason. I tried switching around, wont work. Its a katapeltas thats the unit I have to be in the area, and in the param its == 1 for the units. Doesnt work, I dont know why. Is the coding wrong?

posted 24 July 2010 05:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 1689  
    The talent is in coming up with an idea that will work (which you did), the rest is just syntax.
    1% inspiration, 99% perspiration

Okay. The one that I copied out of your post trigger locks for me (because of those forum codes being used for the OR pipes ||. If I replace them with regular || it works fine).
    The original one that I gave you works perfectly fine for me.

<Condition name="Units in User Defined Area (objects)">
    <Param name="Obj" dispName="$$22295$$Source Units" VarType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Location" dispName="Corner object 1" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Location2" dispName="Corner object 2" varType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Op" dispName="$$22297$$Operator" VarType="operator">==</Param>
    <Param name="Count" dispName="$$22304$$Count" VarType="float">1</Param>
    <Command>for(result=0;>1){} for(q=0;>1){} for(w=0;>1){} for(a=0;>1){} for(s=0;>1){}</Command>
    <Command>for(x=0;>1){} for(y=0;>1){}</Command>
    <Command>q=xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition("%Location%"));w=xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition("%Location%"));</Command>
    <Command>a=xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition("%Location2%"));s=xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition("%Location2%"));</Command>
    <Command loop="" loopParm="Obj">x=xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition("%Obj%"));y=xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition("%Obj%"));if(((w>=y)!=true||(y>=s)!=true||(x>=q)!=true||(a>=x)!=true)!=true){result++;}</Command>
    <Expression>result %Op% %Count%</Expression>
    </Condition>

AAARGGGH I see, it just gets busted whenever it is posted in the forum, so it was the forum's fault not yours. You can either copy from the post and add line breaks, or copy from the code and replace | with |

poopie

If you are in the default camera view, Location1 should be the left-most corner, and Location2 should be the right-most corner, not top-bottom.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 07-24-2010 @ 05:52 PM).]

posted 24 July 2010 06:17 PM EDT (US)     19 / 1689  
    @Mythic: I didn't mean to send from that admin account. It's my default work account. You can catch me on msn using the hotmail account and please do. I'll check my email now for any messages (I've been out househunting all day).

posted 26 July 2010 05:30 AM EDT (US)     20 / 1689  
    ok so whats that do?

you didnt explain the last trigger :S:S
    posted 26 July 2010 11:56 AM EDT (US)     21 / 1689  
    Where can i find the Camera Cut Protounit trigger... I know I've had it before. Also, the Deselect Units trigger. If I remember, it might have been called UI Deselect Units.

posted 26 July 2010 12:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 1689  
        <Effect name="CAMERA Cut Protounit">
    <Param name="ProtoName" dispName="$$22434$$ProtoName" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
    <Command>uiZoomToProto("%ProtoName%");</Command>
    </Effect>

<Effect name="UI Unselect Units">
    <Command>uiClearSelection();</Command>
    </Effect>

First is from nottud's superpack, second from Invent00r's proactiver triggers.

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    posted 26 July 2010 12:56 PM EDT (US)     23 / 1689  
    Thanks lostrozzacavalli!

posted 26 July 2010 02:36 PM EDT (US)     24 / 1689  
    no problems

posted 27 July 2010 00:03 AM EDT (US)     25 / 1689  
    damn it, hail its just not working for me. Could you email me the code?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 68  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames