Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Screenshot Competition 5
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30  Next Page »
posted 17 March 2011 01:00 PM EDT (US)   

Stickability
Submit Entries before the 3rd

The new theme is: Stickability, and entries can be submitted before the 3rd of October. Voting will take place during the two days after that, starting on the 3rd.
Results will be announced on the 5th.

AOEH | AOKH

What is this thread about?
The Continuous Screenshot Competition is stolen from AoKH, where it has been active and used for a very long time. It is to promote screenshots, and also to just have fun looking at and making the scenery. Each time there will be a theme in which the screenshot should fit, the winner of last theme is allowed to pick the new one. If a winner wins for the second time in a row, the number 2 is allowed to pick the theme. This thread is its fifth installment, and you might be wondering why we need a new thread. This is because of thread corruption: The more posts a thread gets (over 2500), the more likely it is to corrupt, and I think it would be a big waste if we lost all the links to screenshots from the previous threads.

The rules
  • Until further notice, previous categories may be used.
  • You may only enter one screenshot per category.
  • The previous winner can compete in the competition he set the theme for, this is a form of trust, so be honest.
  • Please do not suggest themes for the winner.
  • No altering of screenshots, except for adding text, borders and logos.
  • Modding is allowed.
  • Both AoM and AoM: TT screenshots can be used.
  • You are not allowed to make screenshots from maps created before the competition, but you can use the map for something else after taking the screenshot.
  • No flaming, but constructive comments are allowed.
  • Everyone is allowed to vote one time per competition for one screenshot.
  • The winner of the last round may pick the theme for the new one, he can also add an extra restriction.
  • If same person wins in twice in a row (or more times), the runner-up may pick the new theme.
  • You cannot vote for your own screenshot.

Taking and hosting your screenshot
You can host shots at:
You can make in-game screenshots with the following methods:
  1. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.
  2. Paste your shot into a program like Paint.
Or take a look at Mephiles' guide on how to take a screenshot.

Winners from earlier rounds
All previous winners have been uploaded to the gallery here.
You can also find a sub-album for first place entrants.

Lets hope for a fun and fair competition, and good luck to all entries.

Best regards,
Your host,
Yeebaagooon

Here is a list of previous themes:
Thread 1
Living on the edge | Wings | Perilous escapades | Apocalypse | Love | Survival of the fittest | Fire | Wind | A sudden ending | War | Abandoned | Spring forward | After death | Pranks | Surprise, surprise | I spy | Global warming? | Aom toons | Domestic life | Ten years in heaven | I'm rich | Nile river | Harry potter and the magical world | Administration and bureaucracy | Giant world | Life on the farm | Bar brawl | Natural distaster | Winter wonderland | Amusement park | Under da seas | Light vs dark | Remembrance | Moonlighten twilight
Thread 2
War of the world | Happiness | North pole | Hunger | Just a fraction too late | Picture perfect | Famous place | Laziness | Hawaii | Luck | Ides of march | Women | A grand palace | Indiana Jones
Thread 3
Beauty of nature | Famous movie theme | That wasn't the plan | Ambush | AoMH | Fairytale | Siege at the gate| Ancient Temple | Frustration | Parade | Departure | ...Do I know you? | Silence | Sins of men | Into the rain,mist and moonlight | The Big Bang | Last Words | Where's Wally/Waldo? | Greek Myth | Wasn't me... | Christmas | Barbie and Friends | Brighty is awesome | Super Heroes in action | Caught in the storm | The Abyss | Help | *Facepalm* | City Of Light | Into the Midnight Flame which lights up the forest | BILBO'S GRAND DAY OUT or GIMLI GOES CLUBBING DOWNTOWN | Age of Mythology Gone Mad | Haunted | Voyage
Thread 4
The March | High into the clouds | Betrayal | Stand strong men! | TROJANHORSEFORSALE | Uniqueness | Predators of the Deep | The Summoning | Forgotten Ruins | ...when the sand begins to whisper | Dreams | Home | Buried | 100 | Where am I? | Amazon | Stargate | In the mountains | Iceworld | India | Exploration | Winter Sports | Parallel Dimensions | Alexander the Great | Teenage Angst | Animal Farm | Famous Painting | Overwhelming Odds | Corridors of time | Better an honest enemy than a false friend | WRome | Yeebaagooon | At the wrong place, at the wrong time | Chickens | Vacation | I don't get it | Abstract Art | Amenta: The Egyptian Underworld | Anything | Dark Present, Bright Future | Winter | Occultism | Regret | The Call of Cthulhu | Post Apocalypse | Monty Python | World Domination | The Majic Dodo | To Serve Man | Bigfoot | Mountain | Cursed | Britain | The New World | Beard, beard and more beard | Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow | Death | Hero | Abyss
Thread 5
Brand new day | Desire | The Meaning of Life | Oh Shit... | Spaceships | Rainbawz | Rage | Jurassic | Pain | Polaris | Rome | Lost | The Departed | Executing The Plan | Bowling | Longevity | Cartoons | Germany | Stew | The Long Road Home

Blast from the past:
The Overseer by NitroAtTheDisco

Many thanks to the creator of the original thread, Paperfriend!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 10-08-2011 @ 12:51 PM).]

Replies:
posted 17 March 2011 02:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 742  
Tip: Always remember the lighting! (many times i take an hour or more to take a screenshot, then I find i neglected a lighting)

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 17 March 2011 02:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 742  
Very nice thread, Gooon

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 17 March 2011 02:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 742  
Cool banner

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 17 March 2011 03:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 742  
Tip: Don't leave a unit selected, just don't.

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
posted 17 March 2011 03:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 742  
Tip: Don't leave a unit selected, just don't.

Winston did it in the tournament just now .

Thanks Elrich and lost!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 17 March 2011 04:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 742  
What?! I didnt leave a unit selected. :s

although I'm dissapointed with the votes, I knew I was taking a risk with that shot.

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
posted 17 March 2011 04:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 742  
I think in fact it was Alex Of Macedon. His screen was excellent nonetheless though.

I think FOG.
posted 17 March 2011 04:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 742  
Correct, got that one muddled up .

posted 17 March 2011 06:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 742  
Ah 2nd :')

Good participation to all participants of previous thread ;D

Let's get ready for the new theme !

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 17 March 2011 06:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 742  
Tip: You can save money by buying individual nuts and mixing them yourself.
posted 17 March 2011 07:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 742  
I'd like to argue that.

If you're aiming for a specific quantity of mixed nuts you will most likely have to purchase an excess of expensive cashews which will offset the cost of labor involved in mixing.
posted 17 March 2011 07:37 PM EDT (US)     12 / 742  
Ill get back into the comp, Fallout New Vegas is getting boring

Maker of Age of mythology Reviews and Total War Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/necrontyr1800
posted 17 March 2011 09:13 PM EDT (US)     13 / 742  
f f f f f f... damn too late for the comp, thought 17 was the final not 15 :@
:headslap:
anyway for anyone intrested, my shot:

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
!! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
posted 17 March 2011 09:19 PM EDT (US)     14 / 742  
i have two top tips:
"If possible try to use cinematic models."
"SFX effects often give a huge increase of the atmosphere in the scene."

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
!! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
posted 17 March 2011 11:28 PM EDT (US)     15 / 742  
Gratz El, fab shot!!! Since I had won the first "Abyss" round (Thread 3) I was curious to see what people would fabricate. Quite different ideas this time.

Can I ask a question concerning the voting in the previous round.

There were two votes for "Blank", were these for the third entry in the list (the only one with no username to it)? I think it was from Zenophobia, a very good shot imho, and it's imaginable that he got these votes. Or perhaps the "blank" voters were just mumbling confused stuff and I didn't get it.

posted 18 March 2011 00:23 AM EDT (US)     16 / 742  
We were just mumbling confused stuff, yeah !
And you didn't get it, yeah.
And I'm a parrot, yeah...

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.
posted 18 March 2011 11:04 AM EDT (US)     17 / 742  
Like that shot, Emjer. Nice lush colors.

Thanks, rel.

@everyone: I don't know if the object for my burning sun was common, so I'll ask y'all to guess what I used for the fireball in the top middle of my pic:

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 18 March 2011 11:12 AM EDT (US)     18 / 742  
@Emjer: Awesome modded bridge :O
It fits perfectly with the environment.

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 18 March 2011 02:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 742  
That's too bad you posted it late

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 18 March 2011 05:14 PM EDT (US)     20 / 742  
elrich, that looks familiar. Did you use ball of fire or ball of fire impact?

posted 18 March 2011 05:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 742  
meteorite => death animation

am I right?

Uruk-Hai, Skeleton Warriors, Green horde, Khorne Berserker, Dwarfs
Attention!>Wrong english grammar are special effects and wanted from my keyboard<Attention!

The more there is to hide, the more there's to uncover.
So welcome to the other side.
This trip here is hell...
posted 18 March 2011 05:47 PM EDT (US)     22 / 742  
I'll go with this...

New Day on Mars

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 18 March 2011 06:08 PM EDT (US)     23 / 742  
@Emjer: Harpy attack animation?

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 18 March 2011 06:38 PM EDT (US)     24 / 742  
Harpies' Attack anims are just amazing.

Look at this: http://i.imgur.com/1d00v.jpg
After the Sfx there is steam coming out of the Harpy's buttocks, go try it, it's awesome !

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 18 March 2011 08:27 PM EDT (US)     25 / 742  
too bad we never get to see them. Someone should make a harpy unit with that attack animation

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Continuous Screenshot Competition 5
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames