Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~The Battlefield Map Pack~
posted 30 August 2011 06:18 AM EDT (US)   
This has been a project long overdue, the concept of which first emerged in the Summer of 2007, when i completed my map
Battlefield - Eidordail. When I cast a retrospective glance over the instances of my past which concern Age of
Mythology, I cannot resist the temptation of feeling astonished at its immensity. Battlefield - Crater was first
completed perhaps two years ago, but a number of delays and, chiefly, a want of motivation, has kept it in development
until now. Over the past couple of weeks, I'd at last decided to finish the project; and thus, a period of intense
modification, featuring the design of three new maps each bearing the same concept of gameplay, was undertaken, so that
I may now present to you the finished article:

The Battlefield Map Pack

Download Here!

Features
  • Spawn with a choice of five different classes, each with their own unique properties and advantages.
  • Traverse a total of four maps, meticulously designed to afford enterprising, thoughtful players an advantage above
    others.
  • There are available to the advantage of snipers points of elevation which will provide you with a boost to line of
    sight and range.
  • Play a collection of game modes, two of which separate players into teams, permitting victory only to those who
    are most effective in their collaborations.
  • Utilise a variety of weapons and equipment which will influence the intensity of your success. Gain killstreak
    awards that will devastate your enemies.
  • Fences, buildings, and environmental obstructions provide strategic opportunity.

• If you would like a more detailed inspection of these maps, by all means continue reading. The maps will be uploaded on the first day of September

The Maps:

Crater
    Contained within the mountains is a crater, whose fertile soils have attracted human settlement to the area.
    The map is rather general, meaning that it is without any particular formation or layout; it favours a freedom of play.
    It fosters several lakes and fences to function as obstacles, and points of elevation which will act
    as areas preferable to a sniper.
    A wildlife reserve exists on one area of the map, created out of anxiety aroused by the hunting expeditions of
    recent settlers. The stone walls which mark the vicinities of this reserve will, early in the game, cause the map
    to be considerably smaller, until the walls have been destroyed.
    Recommended gametype: Supremacy
    Full map screenshot

Necropolis
    This map dictates a scene of an impoverished society waging conflict against hieratic oppressors.
    To signify this, the centre of the map is divided by a wall, which has only one entrance, containing a pair
    of grenades that are fast to respawn. In team games, this is likely to cause this destination to be one of perpetual dispute.
    There are four distinct areas which will afford you immense line of sight and range bonuses. By controlling these areas, you, or your team, will
    succeed in controlling the map.
    Recommended gametype: Assault/Capture the Pig
    Full map screenshot
    Screenshot 2
    Screenshot 3
    Screenshot 4

Stronghold
    A stronghold keeps the centre of the map in an irrevocable grasp. Within its walls there are contained four areas
    which will improve your line of sight, and a number of pick-up items, making it a favourable position of the map to control.
    Extraneous to the stronghold are two additional points of elevation, which may be employed to conduct a siege against
    particular enemies immoveably ensconced within the walls of the fortification.
    Recommended gametype: Assault
    Full map screenshot

Frostfall
    The Winter has overmastered the vicinity of this map, preventing you from regenerating health naturally. Contentions
    are focused upon the healing spring in the centre of the map, whose waters will rapidly replenish your depleted energies
    when you are near. Conspicuous points of elevation are available in the two, "Watchtowers," and at the height of the
    healing spring. There is also a low-lying area, entering into which will diminish your line of sight and range. Snow
    storms may, at times, visit this region, which will affect how you play.
    Recommended gametype: Supremacy
    Full map screenshot

Gametypes
    Three game modes are available; it is recommended that you play them in their full variety, to keep the experience fresh.

Supremacy Is a free-for-all gametype, in which the first player to reach thirty kills achieves victory. Playing
    with unlocked teams may enrich the gameplay experience, as you can undertake to forge temporary alliances with other
    players.

It is not recommended to play this game-type with a full-game of six players; the fighting will be chaotic; you will
    scarcely be able to kill a player before being killed yourself.

Assault Features the players divided into two teams. In each round, one team will be provided with a granary,
    and the other must venture to destroy it. For every minute that the granary remains intact, the defending team earns a point.
    A round will automatically end after ten minutes, or after the granary has been destroyed; after a brief period, the
    roles of attacker and defender will then be swapped.

The Artillery Barrage killstreak, and incendiary grenades, are immensely important in this gametype.

Capture the Pig Is once again a team game, where one team must endeavour to capture the other team's livestock and
    return it to their capture point, while at the same time protecting their own. One point is earned for every
    livestock that is captured; after twenty minutes, the scores are decided. The winning team will be the one with
    the greatest score.

To, "Retrieve," your livestock, you need only kill it with a meteor. This will cause it to respawn.

It is recommended that you have a full game of 6 players for this gametype.

The Weapons:
    Every class in Battlefield is conditioned to be unique. Some classes from the previous Battlefield - Eidordail were
    removed entirely, as I felt that their inclusion was superfluous, and that they added nothing to the quality of
    play. Below, you will find a brief description of every class, in addition to its faculties.

All of the classes have had their crush/pierce/hack damages and armour modified to suit their purposes.

Battle Rifle - Arcus
    Although admittedly potent in short-ranged combat, the battle rifle excels at medium and long-range affairs. The high range
    and moderate mobility of the weapon make, "Hit and run," strategies favourable, so as to keep dangerous enemies at
    an agreeable distance.
    Strengths: Possesses high range, and generally high damage.
    Weaknesses: Close-range combat against shotguns, incendiary swords and flamethrowers.

Submachine Gun - Toxotes
    The submachine guns highest extreme is medium range; beyond that, it is not quite as effectual. With high mobility and considerable
    output in damage, it is a versatile weapon that is comparatively easy to use, which is capable of excelling in
    most situations.
    Strengths: Medium-range combat against shotguns
    Weaknesses: Generally, none.

Shotgun - Turma
    The shotgun is exceedingly mobile, and the weapon is equipped with enormous power; as they fire eight projectiles
    with every shot, you mustn't worry about missing your target. An enemy is almost guaranteed to perish after two shots, in total.
    The shotgun is unable to garrison in towers, and therefore must depend upon its speed to defeat its enemies before
    they are afforded ample opportunity to retaliate.
    Strengths: Defeating other close-range combatants
    in close-range combat. Storming positions.
    Weaknesses: Cannot succeed in long-range combat.

Sniper - Gastraphetes
    The sniper rifle has stupendous range - but not the line of sight with which to exploit it. The sniper is highly effectual
    if positioned in a location that benefits him, but is otherwise almost useless. If you like to sit on top of
    hills all day, with the, "Stand ground," stance enabled, and then proceed to right-click your enemies when you see them,
    then this class is suited for such a form of idle play.
    Strengths: Extreme range. "Camping."
    Weaknesses: Shotguns, incendiary swords, flamethrowers; close range.

Spartan Laser - Son of Osiris
    This heavy weapon renders the wielder of the Spartan Laser highly delicate, and slow. The spartan laser must charge up
    his attacks for a time before firing, and is easily defeated if overwhelmed, due to his lower reserves of health. This
    number of disadvantages is compensated chiefly by the fact that he kills everything instantly.
    Strengths: Medium-range combat
    Weaknesses: Close-range combat and long-range combat.

Flamethrower - Pharoah - Must pick up relic to use.
    The flamethrower is a precarious weapon; its modifiers provide it with additional damage against shotguns and fences, but
    its close-range inhibitions make it somewhat meagre when in long-range confrontations. Needless to say, you'll have
    to be thoughtful with the people you choose to attack when using this weapon.
    Strengths: Damaging buildings. Close-range combat.
    Weaknesses: Fighting the incendiary sword. Fighting shotguns. Long-range combat.

Incendiary Sword - Theris - Must pick up relic to use.
    The Incendiary sword is a highly potent weapon, which is equipped with a leap-attack that enables you to quickly execute
    your opponents in close-range engagements. The high mobility that the weapon provides makes it the fastest in the game,
    which will enable you to close distances quickly, and, hopefully, before your enemies can kill you.

The incendiary sword rapidly absorbs all crush damage and fire attacks, making it particularly advantageous
    against flamethrowers. It also causes sword fights to be stagnant engagements.
    Strengths: Fighting Flamethrowers. Close-range combat.
    Weaknesses: Other incendiary swords. Fighting Shotguns. Long-range
    combat.

Equipment and killstreaks
    In Battlefield, you will receive a militia for every two kills that you earn. These militia can be invested into
    the purchase of killstreaks, which further the cause of your victory. What must be held in mind, however, is that, upon
    death, all of your militia will be lost; therefore, you must be cautious when it comes to saving up for larger
    killstreaks. You will not lose your godpowers (Equipment) if you die.

Incendiary Grenades - Must pick up relic to use
    These incendiary grenades are efficient in annihilating buildings and fomenting strife upon your enemies.
    A single grenade is ordinarily sufficient to kill an opponent; however, the brief delay between activation and
    detonation enables enterprising foes to escape the radius of a blast. Three pick-up locations for incendiary grenades are
    on every map; some pick-ups, such as those in the centre of Necropolis, respawn more quickly than others.

Incendiary grenades are immensely important in the Assault and Capure the Flag game modes, where it is often upon
    grenades that the resolution of a game is likely to depend.

Poison Grenades - Must pick up relic to use
    Poison grenades are more conspicuous than incendiary grenades, and also arrive with the feature of being unable
    to deal damage against buildings. Their short delay timer makes them more difficult to avoid, although their damage
    is sometimes insufficient to kill an enemy altogether; upon most occasions, the poison grenade only causes enough of an
    infliction to abate your opponents, so that you might rapidly finish them off.

Scout Grenade - Must pick up relic to use
    An alternative name for which would be the, "Cheat grenade," the scout grenade summons a raven, whose amenities are
    numerous. Beyond simply scouting, your raven can pick up relics, and activate line-of-sight boosters without you
    having to be there, which is what allows for their exploitation by capable players.

Steel Skin - Requires 1 militia to purchase.
    The easiest and simplest of attainments is the Steel Skin killstreak. It very simply improves your survivability for
    a brief duration, enabling you to earn an advantage above your opponents throughout occasions of fighting.

Perspicacity - Requires 2 militia to purchase.
    This killstreak provides you with three instances of the Vision godpower. Its facilities are often numerous, but are
    likely to be of the greatest benefit to snipers and battle rifles.

Artillery Barrage - Requires 3 militia to purchase.
    Perhaps the name of this killstreak aims to retain the, "Modern Warfare," intonation of these scenarios.
    It's really just a meteor strike. Using it is often crucial to ending games of Assault and Capture the Flag.

White Phosphorous Barrage - Requires 3 militia to purchase.
    The White Phosphorous Barrage is principally different to the Artillery Barrage. Firstly, it arrives with the
    advantage of not being able to cause friendly fire. It is also unable to damage buildings. Once activated, it delivers
    a shattering payload in a concentrated area within a very short instance of time, making it almost impossible
    to evade. This all arrives with a total duration that is very much lower than that of its counterpart.

Blitzkrieg - Requires 5 militia to purchase.
    For having persevered up to a portion of the game in which you could actually accumulate 5 militia without having
    spent them, you are rewarded with three lightning storms; power enough to end the game.

Hello, my name CHEEZ BIX:
  • Download the beta version of my map, Hero Wars: Godpowers Unleashed!
  • [This message has been edited by andrewv42 (edited 09-01-2011 @ 12:18 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 30 August 2011 12:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
    I think Circe might work slightly better for Spartan Laser, as in triggers you can change the special attack time, and she has a longer attack time, you cant modify her stats though, so it may be more annoying XD

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
    I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
    Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
    posted 30 August 2011 03:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
    You can modify her stats the exact same amount as SoO? And you can also modify her recharge time to determine how often she attacks. The only thing is her attack is much much stronger.
    posted 30 August 2011 03:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
    Cant modify special attacks though... The Son Of Osiris doesnt use a special attack whereas Circe does :P

Also check Age of Duty out, I guess its my own version of this thats been out quite a while itself :P
    (I am hoping to do something else as well, I was aiming to convert the Battlefield gameplay into AoM, with vehicles and different classes)

Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
    posted 30 August 2011 05:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
    The Son of Osiris uses LightningAttack. Circe uses LightningAttack. The difference between them is that Circe's has the ChargeAction parameter which makes it require that her recharge time is up before it can be used, without changing anything else about the attack. A timer of the amount of time of her recharge could easily be added to any rule, or it could just check for the LightningAttack protoaction.

And since you can modify anything that isn't a special attack. Modify SoO's. Use Modify Protounit, and with that find me the thing in the dropdown that changes the LightningAttack. The modification that adds damage that has a type and shows up in the ui.

I'll give you a hint, there isn't one.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 08-30-2011 @ 05:06 PM).]

posted 01 September 2011 06:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
    Thanks for your suggestion, but I've already devoted two years of consideration towards the balance of this map, and I believe that in its present incarnation, it could desire no improvement; I'm already settled upon using the Son of Osiris, and I shan't be removing him in favour of Circe.

I've updated the thread with two additional screenshots for the Necropolis map, and have adjusted some of the information to apply more accurately to what is presented in the game. The maps have been submitted for approval, so expect it to avail itself within the next 24 hours.

• posted 01 September 2011 12:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
    The map is now available for play. If you have anything to report, or any suggestions to make, by all means contact me.

• posted 01 September 2011 06:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
    I remember this from so long ago.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 02 September 2011 05:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
    Oh god... This. Interesting, I'll surely play it when I'll have some time

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
    A project by Tasterix.
    posted 02 September 2011 10:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
    wth this looks cool. Playing

posted 02 September 2011 11:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
    This is similar to a scenario(s) that I plan on making. Then again this and my scenario are both based off of 1st person shooters, a lot of which are similar.

Anyway, I'll give this a try.

It started with a low light; Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
    And then they took my blood type; It left a strange impression in my head.
    You know that I was hoping; That I could leave this star-crossed world behind
    But when they cut me open; I guess I changed my mind.
    ------------------------------------------
    Hmm.. How about FAIL for another twat Member of the Month :P ~BSU_DoLhades

[This message has been edited by FAILeliminator (edited 09-02-2011 @ 11:28 PM).]

posted 03 September 2011 09:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
    @FAIL

my scenario Age of Duty is based upon Call of Duty :O
    And also, I was designing one based on Battlefield 2, with vehicles and different classes etc

posted 04 September 2011 05:35 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
    The concept for the initial Battlefield - Eidordail scenario, which I made 4 years ago, employed the same gameplay mechanics as seen in Archer Fire War. This series of maps just aims to develop upon that concept, so that the gameplay can consist of a counter system, therefore enhancing elements of strategy, and also involve fairer play - it sucked for all players to be spawning with what was deplorably the weakest gun, particularly if they spawned close to an enemy.

Influence was certainly derived from Call of Duty, although it's impossible to effectively imitate a first person shooter with Age of Mythology.

• Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » ~The Battlefield Map Pack~
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames