You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I'm making the scenarios from the campaigns available for online play... but I need your help!
posted 02 September 2011 10:18 PM EDT (US)   
No no no I'm not asking for you to help me edit and design; I just want you to give me your opinions on how you guys think the scenarios should be played. Think of it as a survey.

All of these scenarios will either be two or more humans versing most likely a comp if not other human players, or human/s verse human/s.

Basically, I want to do as little editing as possible. Therefore, I have to make sure there is some balance between players and/or comps. Keep that in mind.

3. Scratching the Surface

I was thinking a 2v1. Red already has so many buildings and units that they would just be too strong to defeat. Should some things be removed? Should I use a completely different style of gameplay? You decide.

[This message has been edited by aom eXPert (edited 09-18-2011 @ 01:25 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02 September 2011 10:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 27  
I like idea 2.

It started with a low light; Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
And then they took my blood type; It left a strange impression in my head.
You know that I was hoping; That I could leave this star-crossed world behind
But when they cut me open; I guess I changed my mind.
------------------------------------------
Hmm.. How about FAIL for another twat Member of the Month :P ~BSU_DoLhades
posted 02 September 2011 10:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 27  
Cool, ok. Any other custom ideas you guys have don't be afraid to share them.

posted 02 September 2011 11:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 27  
Hmm... I don't have any atm.
Anyway, it's cool seeing the campaign scenarios as being playable online

It started with a low light; Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
And then they took my blood type; It left a strange impression in my head.
You know that I was hoping; That I could leave this star-crossed world behind
But when they cut me open; I guess I changed my mind.
------------------------------------------
Hmm.. How about FAIL for another twat Member of the Month :P ~BSU_DoLhades
posted 03 September 2011 02:15 AM EDT (US)     4 / 27  
You could have the enemy have units spawn on those islands, including the ships, and they have to do judge what units to send and when. Meanwhile, the other team, (blue and green) have to defend. Blue controls all combat units, and green has to sustain the economy and controls villagers, and when he makes more units they convert to player 1.

You could also just have player 2 have some buildings that they use to attack.

Proud Trigger Artist and Map Designer for
~Mythic Studios~
posted 03 September 2011 04:33 AM EDT (US)     5 / 27  
The building units seems like a good idea, and they could get more powerful units and upgrades over time.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 03 September 2011 12:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 27  
@Glen
I like that idea. And when the atlantean army comes, instead of converting to blue, it will just stay green so green can get more military involved.

What do you guys think of including a counter timer to victory for player 1?

Good ideas. But how would red win? By defeating blue? Or maybe *destroying a certain building, such as the statue (*which makes sense because its kind of what they did in the campaigns) or the wonder in the corner?

[This message has been edited by aom eXPert (edited 09-03-2011 @ 12:14 PM).]

posted 05 September 2011 04:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 27  
how about killing kastor, who player 3 controls?

~Mythic Studios~
posted 05 September 2011 05:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 27  
I like that idea! After all, Arkantos is like "Kastor stay here!" He has to fight for atlantis and all that, ya know, mr "hero"...

Excellent. Working on it now. I just hope killing kastor isn't too hard for the enemy. If it is, I'm make destroying a building the objective.

posted 05 September 2011 11:26 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27  
give kastor like 2 speed, and keep him in a area. Make it so you cant go to the area with the wonder in the corner, keep it in the beach. And make it so the point where it it is most strategic for him to be is right at the cliff.

Post a topic about the second scenario!
My brain craves this!

It craves!

~Mythic Studios~
posted 06 September 2011 09:04 AM EDT (US)     10 / 27  
One at a time glen, i cant be overwhelmed. In a couple days.

posted 06 September 2011 09:11 AM EDT (US)     11 / 27  
>:O

~Mythic Studios~
posted 06 September 2011 06:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 27  
perhaps 3 quarters of the way through this scenario, when the enemy steals the trident from the Poseidon statue,the enemy gains a whole bunch of nasty extra units.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 06 September 2011 09:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27  
Well the enemy steals the trident at the end.

@Glen
Will army triggers work online?

[This message has been edited by aom eXPert (edited 09-07-2011 @ 09:29 AM).]

posted 08 September 2011 09:01 AM EDT (US)     14 / 27  
The attackers should be rewarded for their endeavours; if they destroy the enemy town centre, for example, or either of the wonders, they might be given godpowers or myth units to assist them - if they destroy the enemy armoury, the plunder will improve the quality of their weapons. You might have to disable the ability to build armouries, wonders, or town centres if any such thing is implemented, however.

The suggestion is rather languid, but it just gives players something to aim for in the short term, and keeps them alert and attentive throughout the experience.

Hello, my name CHEEZ BIX:
  • Download the beta version of my map, Hero Wars: Godpowers Unleashed!
  • posted 08 September 2011 12:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 27  
    Basically, I want to do as little editing as possible.
    Lazy

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 08 September 2011 02:58 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27  
    I suggest that red is a human and that he gets some automatic reinforcements from time to time while bleu and green have to build and army, you could also give red some villagers and resources to build a base. But I don't think it should become a battle for the trident.
    posted 08 September 2011 03:51 PM EDT (US)     17 / 27  
    Basically, I want to do as little editing as possible.
    Lazy
    The reason why i wanna do as little editing as possible is because i want to make it as much of a replica as i can. I don't want to change too much and ruin the originality.

posted 09 September 2011 03:33 AM EDT (US)     18 / 27  
    Army triggers do work online, I used them in Assassins of Ice, just sure when using Army Delpoy you deploy the units as a human player.

Another thing if you make a human player play as the enemy what happens when the enemy wins, the campaign only works if you keep defeating the enemy.
    posted 09 September 2011 08:03 AM EDT (US)     19 / 27  
    ...The enemies win, take everything, and assume the role of the good guys for the next campaign mission.

• posted 09 September 2011 08:35 AM EDT (US)     20 / 27  
    but then they would be fighting themselves seems like the bad guys lose if they win because of how the campaign works.
    posted 16 September 2011 10:31 PM EDT (US)     21 / 27  
    Next scenario is out! I'll do five at a time and release the betas all at once.

posted 17 September 2011 00:34 AM EDT (US)     22 / 27  
    It could assume a regicide/capture the flag form of gameplay, where each player must contrive to maintain control of the trident, and kill the enemy hero - for player one, the hero could be Arkantos, and for player two, it would certainly be Kamos. This way, the gameplay is balanced, and allows it to be distinguished from classic supremacy.

• posted 17 September 2011 09:53 PM EDT (US)     23 / 27  
    Have two players play co-op against a comp, to get back the trident. But have one player have stronger walls and towers, and siege, and one person have more units to build. And have the attacks become more intense, in a way that the players have to take advantage of the layout of the map, and the cliff area.

~Mythic Studios~
    posted 18 September 2011 00:08 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27  
    I decided I'm just making this a fair 1v1.

I'll put the next scenario out.

I'm learning alot about the creators the more I edit these. Like how there were even certain objectives that they didn't use. Did you know in the one with skult where you have to use the forest fire to burn through the trees, you were originally supposed to use a leviathan that posedion would give you to get accross? It's right in the objectives in the scenario editor. Also, it seems the creators like to make little islands with a monkey on them. Can you find it in the picture?

It's also funny what they name their triggers.

[This message has been edited by aom eXPert (edited 09-19-2011 @ 09:20 AM).]

posted 04 October 2011 11:47 AM EDT (US)     25 / 27  
    hehe I think it was the only one who had the idea to turn the campaign playable online, luck in your project

[This message has been edited by CARLOSDAMIAN97 (edited 10-04-2011 @ 11:48 AM).]

posted 04 October 2011 08:12 PM EDT (US)     26 / 27  
    Glad to see you in the forums, Carlos ! It's cool to see more AoM YouTubers on SD, many of them should come here, almost all don't know the existence of AoMH

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
    posted 09 October 2011 10:01 PM EDT (US)     27 / 27  
    Make this one a race to see who can destroy their dock first.

~Mythic Studios~
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » I'm making the scenarios from the campaigns available for online play... but I need your help!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames