You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Storm Project, an ambient scenario.
posted 25 February 2015 05:40 PM EDT (US)   

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce you all to Storm Project. This scenario is an RPG that is focused heavily on atmosphere, ambience, eyecandy and storytelling. I am looking for a few playtesters who are interested in trying out a new type of scenario that strives to immerse the player in the world the map creates for a period of time through. The mood of the scenario is what I am focusing on in the creation of the map.

This map will not be purely from an artistic standpoint however. There are still gameplay elements which include item and abiltiy upgrades, puzzle solving, boss battles, and story development through combat.

I will not be revealing anything about the plot, as it is something that adds to the mood in my opinion, going into the scenario blind.

This will take a month, or two, or three or four to complete. I really have no set timetable and am simply creating this because I enjoy the game and the editor so much. So sorry no details on when this will be released, but I do need playtesters and am looking for some to help me test the game in the near future!

Thanks for taking the time to view this!

Absolute Banger
Replies:
posted 26 February 2015 08:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
Ooh, looks promising. I'll playtest if I have time.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 26 February 2015 12:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
Eyecandy looks spectacular!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 26 February 2015 01:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
I highly value the atmosphere and ambience in a scenario (and screenshot - I've created a cinematic a long while ago where I put the emphasis on the atmosphhere and ambience as well), so I'm very interested to see the final result. I love puzzles and boss battles as well, so I guess this scenario you're making is right up my alley, isn't it? Heh.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 26 February 2015 03:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
search "pretty town contest" in the download section for some great inspiration.

I love these type of things, in my opinion what inspires people to go and make their own scenario after playing one is more the eyecandy, and less the triggers. I'm available for playtesting, ideas, etc.

posted 28 February 2015 10:04 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
Looks beautiful. Keep up the good work!

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
._..........)..\__________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
.............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
............(@
(¯`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.´¯)
posted 01 March 2015 01:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
Really incredible to see such beauty come out of an old game.

posted 02 March 2015 09:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
so beautiful work, those pics looks like taken form a lotr movie scene, it is been maded in aom EE right? would stock aom be able to run it?
posted 08 March 2015 03:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
thanks for the positive responses guys. I will add a screen or two in the near future and am still looking to get two or three people who want to help me test out the map.

Absolute Banger
posted 08 March 2015 11:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
fabulous eyecandy! Can't wait to see this done!

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 13 March 2015 02:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
nice
posted 30 March 2015 09:24 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
Another screenshot:

Absolute Banger

[This message has been edited by trel (edited 03-30-2015 @ 09:27 PM).]

posted 31 March 2015 01:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
wow thats gorgeous! Are you using extended edition or gold edition?

posted 31 March 2015 02:11 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
obviously extended

posted 01 April 2015 12:08 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
posted 08 April 2015 09:27 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
Dont worry hammerhands, summer is only a few months away, and lord gaben (praise him) yearns for your wallet. It'll be on sale.

[This message has been edited by pBiggz (edited 04-08-2015 @ 09:28 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Storm Project, an ambient scenario.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames