You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Showcase: Divine Satisfaction (Christmas Cinematic)
posted 24 December 2015 04:21 PM EDT (US)   

I'm not sure if we're allowed to make showcases for AOM YouTube videos, but here goes:

To ease the wrath of the Gods and save his village, a farmer journeys across the world in search of the perfect Christmas tree…

Check out the video right here.

I've been working on this project for months now, and I'm excited to share it with the AOMH community. Here are a few screenshots:

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to share them below.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Update: I've submitted the scenario files for all 28 scenes from the movie to the Downloads section under the title Divine Satisfaction (Christmas Cinematic). If you're interested in seeing how I designed the scenes, feel free to check it out.

[This message has been edited by Anraheir (edited 12-27-2015 @ 05:04 PM).]

Replies:
posted 25 December 2015 03:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Holy crap, that was incredible.
Wonderful scenes and such high attention to detail throughout, one of those rare AoM cinematics where it actually looked real. No idea how you made all those greek buildings (really hope you didnt shrink every single one).

Please put the map up, I want to see how you did the bridge scene made me squeal

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 25 December 2015 04:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
I really can't believe how beautiful it was. It's rare to see such low angles in cinematics, because they need a lot of time to fill in the background, and computers had a hard time rendering such big areas in the old days. In addition, I've never seen such images as the horseman running through the plains, the bridge thing and the use of sfx to recreate a dawn feeling on the harbor, you truly are an innovator on this. I think I know how you made that bridge scene but I can tell it's by very far the best use of that trick ever, especially in the context of a cinematic! As Yeeb said, the level of detail is impressive and it took me a few rewatches to be able to catch everything, and I'm sure I'm still missing some.

Have some good rest because that project really was ambitious and you've put just so much effort into it! Merry Christmas and thanks for the cool present

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 25 December 2015 05:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
Thank you guys for the compliments! I made the cinematic as a celebration of AOMX before the new expansion comes out (and to remind people of the old game). Yeah, I ran through the entire object catalog and tried to use all of it (a handful of things didn't make it, since I couldn't find a place for them, but oh well).

The bridge scene made me smile once I got it working (hint: the farmer is galloping through a hill, not the bridge); it took some fine-tuning, but it ended up looking as I envisioned it. The Greek buildings were fun to play with - many were shrunk, and some were enlarged.

I'd be happy to post all 27 .scx files if you wish. This was my original intention, but since each scene is so short, I wasn't sure if people would be interested.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

[This message has been edited by Anraheir (edited 12-25-2015 @ 05:49 AM).]

posted 25 December 2015 05:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
He left his horse in the arctic to die?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 25 December 2015 05:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
No, I bet the horse made friends with the polar bear at the end

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 25 December 2015 07:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
Haha! No, the horse was actually also transported back to the village, along with the polar bear. I decided not to show it because I wanted to emphasize the tree and the farmer (here, a horse unit would have been helpful).
posted 25 December 2015 10:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
That is fantastic, much better than the cinematic i made a few years ago for christmas.
posted 26 December 2015 00:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
This looks promising! Will def check it out

posted 26 December 2015 07:50 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Long live AoM!
posted 27 December 2015 07:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
outstanding work, never saw something like that before, do more please
posted 27 December 2015 10:49 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
Thank you. I'd love to do more, but school is going to keep me very busy next year. I do, however, intend to make an AOM Halloween video at some point in the future. We'll see.

By the way, should you be curious about the scenario design, I've submitted all the .scx files for the movie scenes to the Downloads section.

Also, if you know any other sites where AOM is popular, feel free to share the link for the video (I only know of the AOMH and AOM Reddit community).
posted 27 December 2015 10:54 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
Oh my Zeus...

That was just beautiful. I love your style and creativity and the eyecandy is spot on. I could cry :')

Very nice.

posted 27 December 2015 12:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
Thank you Mr. Omniscient .
posted 28 December 2015 11:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
Always loved aom cinematics, glad you put it on youtube.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 01 January 2016 07:29 AM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
posted 01 January 2016 05:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
Thanks!
posted 06 January 2016 11:04 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
Woaw! Awesome! Nice touch with the bear at the end and all the background stuff. I couldn't find Arkantos.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
posted 06 January 2016 12:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
Thank you . As for Arkantos, he's on the boat during the storm scene (I used the ship animation where one of his crew points out the black sails of pirate vessels).
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: Divine Satisfaction (Christmas Cinematic)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames