You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hocus Pocus 2017
posted 08 September 2017 03:16 PM EDT (US)   
Rules:
  • You may only enter one screenshot
  • Screenshots may have custom mods as long as they are your work. (Don't use someone else's mods)
  • Modding is a very big part of designing and I would like to encourage that. However, 2D mods are not allowed.
  • You may not edit your screenshot in any program outside of the AoM editor (ex: Photoshop, Gimp, etc.) - No titles or caption on the picture itself
  • The screenshot must be started on or after the start date of this contest
  • Your screenshot must be emailed by the  deadline
  • Your screenshot should be related to the Halloween theme.
    No Smurf Voting:
  • Schedule:
    Sep 8th: Contest officially begins!

Oct 26th: (deadline)
    Screenshots must be submitted by Midnight forum time (gmt-5:00)

Oct 26th-30th:Public Voting begins.
    October 31st: Votes will be counted and the contest results are posted.

Email screenshots to: aom.expert@heavengames.com
    Hallo-wat?
    Halloween is a holiday where big and little kids dress up in costumes that are traditionally frightening like witches, ghosts and zombies and go from house to house collecting candy. Images associated with Halloween usually involve ghosts, black cats, witches, AoM guy doing another name change, dark magic and spooky moonlit nights. Here is a link to Wikipedia's Halloween entry.
    DISCLAIMER: Yeeb hates trick or treat and you will not be getting any sweets from me, instead you shall be captured and experimented upon.

Unholy Tsunami by Meitonhawk

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by That AoM Guy (edited 10-20-2017 @ 06:39 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 09 September 2017 02:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
    We already have our first entry!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    posted 20 September 2017 02:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
    Nice - will have to enter if I get some spare time and I love last year's winner you have posted up.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 09-20-2017 @ 02:42 PM).]

posted 10 October 2017 12:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
    Second entry in!

posted 13 October 2017 01:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
    I have an idea for the contest, but I have absolutely no experience and I don't know in what level of perfection I must go.
    Either it is possible for a beginner in screenshots and eyecandy to be well ranked, or if someone is interested to realize my idea I will be happy!
    steam: eine_Gurkensalat
    posted 13 October 2017 04:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
    I think just having a decent idea is good - I remember entering and coming close top and my eyecandy skills are pitiful!
    posted 15 October 2017 01:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
    Exactly it's open for everyone, just enjoy making the shot.

posted 16 October 2017 06:54 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
    I have an idiot problem:
    I can make screenshots in the editor with the tool from the editor, but then I can't see where it is stored (not in the the screenshots file from aom files)
    I can make screenshots with steam, but I am in a low resolution (to display all the options for each triggers) so it has a very low quality
    When I quit the editor it destroys my work on the animations
    When I launch the editor with a high resolution the animations aren't possible to edit
    So I need help
    posted 16 October 2017 10:32 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
    OK it's good
    Only the change of the resolution impacts the "view animation" box, whatever the sense of the change.
    So we just have to put the highest resolution, then quit and relaunch the game and it's ok, I would like to understand what is happening here but it isn't very important.

Now what would you advice for a screenshot IN THE EDITOR (steam, screenshot tool in editor, screenshot from the pc, other ?)
    posted 17 October 2017 04:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
    I don't like to insist like this but I really need to know how to see the screenshots of the editor (there is nothing in the "screenshots" file!)...
    I've already searched in some topics of this site without finding an answer
    I've already lost about 30 minutes of work because I had to switch of my PC so it reseted all the animations and the height of some units

That's very annoying!

Thank you :')

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 10-17-2017 @ 04:16 PM).]

posted 17 October 2017 06:03 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
    Maybe press "Print Screen" on your keyboard and Strg+V into Paint? Then you'll need to cut out the picture still because the Editor-UI will also be captured, but it's something.

Print Screen/Print Scr is somewhere above your arrow keys. On my keyboard the third after F12, so it would be F15.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
    Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
    Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
    posted 18 October 2017 00:17 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
    I'll try thank you

But you know i see all this standards screenshots with a high quality and other things, it will render better with this tool

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 10-18-2017 @ 00:39 AM).]

posted 20 October 2017 06:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
    Deadline extended 3 days

btw eine the thing with the resolution is a weird bug where if you go into the editor do nothing and hit okay it resets something somehow (the screen may flash black)

You only need to do it once per opening the game and I have actually found it increases FPS slightly, but bugs everything that has to do with outside capture

The bug was brought up in the petition to fix the game

It's best to use a user.cfg file for your resolution but this bug still exists (if you don't know what that is I can give you more info)

For instance if I wanna record videos for my channel I can't go into the options otherwise all it will record is black

posted 21 October 2017 00:37 AM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
    What do i have to do ?
    posted 23 October 2017 03:08 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
    Go to your main game startup folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology\startup

Make a new notepad file in there and paste this in it:

xres=1366
    yres=768
    bpp=32

That's my resolution. You can put whatever numbers you want in there though. bpp is bits per pixel and is usually 32.

Now, make sure you when you save this you name it user.cfg and save it as "All Files" under "Save as type:" so it becomes a .CFG file.

There's plenty of other things you can do with this file, this is just one.

posted 24 October 2017 04:54 AM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
    I don't understand really
    If I have to retake something I can't, because of the animations.
    Then why do you need this since I can display it very well on my pc or on my phone
    I don't understand the problem and the way you explained isn't clear enough for me :/
    posted 24 October 2017 05:03 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
    Well then disregard, just don't go into the options and hit OK if you plan to use the animation tool. Hopefully the devs fix it soon.

posted 25 October 2017 01:23 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
    Is it a transformation on my screenshot that I sent to you ?
    I 'm very sorry for the misunderstand
    posted 25 October 2017 06:48 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
    Everything is fine

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: