You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A Guide to Using Animations...
posted 15 November 2002 01:40 PM EDT (US)   

I just finished two intro scenarios to 2 of my campaigns, and I used Set animation effect in both, I came across some points which I would like to share

1.) Some animations are spelled differently then what they may appear in the animations list in models.bar file. The list at AoM Punk is fairly updated in this matter, so if your animation doesnt work, this could be one problem.

2.) There are two animations for all units, called idlea and walka. This animations are used to define how the unit appears and walks. If you will notice, the unit appearance changes when animated, so using these two you can keep the appearance of you unit when not animated, same as when animated.

3.) The animations idlea and walka only work in cinematic mode. They won't work in normal mode. There are also some other animations I think, which only work in cinematic mode.

4.) In cinematics, when u animate a unit, either use the idlea and walka for its appearance and walking, or after it performs the actions, set its animation to default. Ohterwise, I have found units sliding instead of walking sometimes.

5.) A good way to see the exact spelling of the animations, if they dont work, is to look in the ES campaign. They have used all the animations in them. Don't worry, u dont have to search all 30 scn as most animation names define in which scn they appear.
Example : jarl_aomsp21aye means it appears in scn 21.

The animations look really nice when used, and your cinematic looks much more detailed that way, as units move when they talk, etc.

Hope this helps

Kumar

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Replies:
posted 15 November 2002 04:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Great tips Kumar. I noticed 4) myself with the ES campaign, sometimes Arkantos was unusable after a cinematic (he just slid around and stood still when he died).

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
posted 10 December 2002 05:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  

Quote:

sometimes Arkantos was unusable after a cinematic (he just slid around and stood still when he died).

When an animation is set on a unit, it will cause the unit to be "ice skating" when you try to move that unit. (The trick is back again )

If you want to revert the unit back to normal, simply set another animation on that unit, but don't type in an animation name.

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 12-10-2002 @ 05:46 PM).]

posted 10 December 2002 06:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Ice skating! this has got to be one of my favorate tricks!!! Dose it only work in cinamatic mode tho?
posted 11 December 2002 08:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
I'm thinking..yes

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 12 December 2002 10:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
I think, the unit may continue to move that way even in normal mode maybe, check it.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A Guide to Using Animations...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames