You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A useful tip on browsing the long TRIGGER LIST easier
posted 17 November 2002 01:10 AM EDT (US)   
Howdy all,

I would like to share a useful tip on browsing the long trigger list easier. This isn't a trick or a groundbreaking discovery -- just a nice, easy way of scrolling the trigger list that could save a lot of time.
===========

When you browse through the list of Conditions or the list of Effects, you will notice that there are so many different types, and trying to look through the list from top to bottom by clicking can be a really hassle.

Tips: since the list is organized in alphabetical order, you can scroll smoothly through each alphabet by hitting that letter on your keyboard. The scrolling speed will be much smoother than trying to use the pointer.

Notes: this is especially useful for browsing through a list that was not organized alphabetically such as the Set Tech Status.

I hope that wasn't confusing =). Let me know if something didn't make sense.

-Alex

Replies:
posted 17 November 2002 01:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
The lack of ordering on the set tech status list is really annoying...

TheShædøwDåwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
posted 17 November 2002 12:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
yeah it is

I gotta look through the whole list to find one thing except for things I use a lot...find those in a few seconds

Bah.
posted 17 November 2002 12:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
I already do this, but sometimes you have to make sure you are actually in the trigger window, or it will just the they hotkey to open a menu.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 17 November 2002 12:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
that happens too

Bah.
posted 17 November 2002 12:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
I noticed this too. Just make sure your mouse is over the dropdown list.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
posted 17 November 2002 02:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
For Tech Status, just see what tech u beed to activate, press the forst alphabet of that tech, and browse throught all techs starting with that alphabet, and once u find yours - u know what to do

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 17 November 2002 02:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
that doesn't work

I press a letter and it goes down, say, a third of the list, again in it goes down a fourth, then it goes to the end

it does something like that

Bah.
posted 17 November 2002 03:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
Techs I think are not sorted alphbetically, but how they are avaiable in the game.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A useful tip on browsing the long TRIGGER LIST easier
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames