You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Official LoTR Cinematic Project
posted 17 November 2002 12:22 PM EDT (US)   
The Official LoTR Cinematic Project

You know it's going to be done. Eventually, someone will get around to it and design a Lord of The Rings scenario. Or maybe a cinematic, because a scenario would never be able to follow the story and still be interesting.

So let's get a group of talented designers together and actually do a good job of it. Something AoMH can be proud of. Lots of quotes from the book itself, cutting no part out. We'll each write out some dialogue and work on the map. Afterwards, we can just email or IM the scenario between us. You don't have to do much, I fully expect that I will do a lot of the work, but for this to be a true reenactment of Tolkien's great work, more people should pitch in.

So help out! Reply here, saying you want to work on the Official LoTR Cinematic Project. Leave important data, your email, MSN, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, and how much you can contribute to the project. Obviously this doesn't have to be your only project. Work on other scenarios as well, but chip in a little. Replying says that you are willing to do some work.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
Replies:
posted 17 November 2002 02:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Good idea but I think we want to go off and do our own thing - if you see where im coming from.

No offense, just doesnt appeal to me.

Specs: AMD64 3200+, 1GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT, 400GB HD

Feel the power!

posted 17 November 2002 02:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
Well my team is already making a LOTR (well middle earth) total conversion. It will feature the whole story of the ring. Not just LOTR. The official site will be www.arcanestudios.net but this is down at the moment. But the forums are at http://aom-mem-forums.2ya.com It looks like not much is going on but that’s because you can't see the team forums. As soon as the new site is up there will be a lot more information. We may need a few more Scenario designers as we have a lot of Scenario to do if you wish to help out with scenarios then you must be familiar with LOTR and send a sample of your best piece of AOM work to kallo_mahtar@dr.com

The mod will have new art models etc and most characters from middle earth. It will be an almost TC we may have a preview map released by December hopefully.

Oh yeah and we need more modelers we only have two and there is alot of work to be done if you think you are up to it send a sample of your work to my email above.

You may of heard about the mod before @ this post
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=7418&f=13,7418,0,10&st=0

Head of Arcane Studios
Project Leader Of The Middle Earth Mod
(Legends Of Middle Earth)

[This message has been edited by Kallo Mahtar (edited 11-17-2002 @ 02:33 PM).]

posted 17 November 2002 04:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Hehehe.. yup. We already have a LOTR team. You can join if you want.
posted 17 November 2002 05:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
I'll look into it. The problem is that I don't have any completed AoM scenarios you can evaluate. I have one RPG and one blood on th go, you could look at one of those.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 17 November 2002 09:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Isn't LoTR more medieval though?

Izzy|HG Angel |Since August 2000•~
INTL|HeavenGames•~
<(•'.'•)>
posted 17 November 2002 10:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
The Norse were midevil, too.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Official LoTR Cinematic Project
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames