You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Possible new trick
posted 10 December 2002 06:22 AM EDT (US)   
Have you notest that when you build a building it levles the terrain?

Well if you were to creat a gost army then place it as say a house then destroy it and Creat the same gost next to it so forth and so on you could change terrain levels, this could be handy for an shell explotion(meteor) or just a moving river, i can think of thousands of things!

Replies:
posted 10 December 2002 06:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Anyone tested this? I would just im busy, Heaps busy.
posted 12 December 2002 11:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
wtf are you talking about... you can change the terrain levels in teh editor with various buttons and/or commands... and in the game different terrain levels make no difference.
posted 13 December 2002 00:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Joseph you newb :P He's saying you can change elevation in-game by creating and then removing a house.

Sure this'll work, but it'll cause lag and after a while people who see the flat 8x8 tile patch of flatness are gonna know you used the create/remove building trick.

It could look cool, but most likely it'll cause lag, and the house'll prolly show up for a split instant before being removed - thus giving the whole trick away.

Oh and you can't seem to be able to create units where theres other units, so again, more problems to complicate this trick.

I personally think it's too mutch of a hastle for sutch a small trick

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 13 December 2002 00:16 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
This sort of reminds me how Ingo van Thiel discovered the trick in AoK in which you would create and remove bridges via triggers. When the bridge was created, a patch of water would appear under it, and when the bridge was removed at the same time, the patch of water would stay. It made for some pretty amazing effects in a couple of his scenarios, like the one where he managed to simulate a flood (or something along those lines).

I don't think that this trick could have the same ramifications, but who knows? Grasping at straws is usually how most new design tricks are discovered.

The Rasher
rasher@accesswave.com
[IMG]http://www.freeyellow.com/members6/therasher/Thomas.jpg[/IMG]
"You must succeed, to bring the Winds of Light into the age of darkness."
-Old Man, Magnus
posted 13 December 2002 00:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
I think it could make a very neat effect where you could like create a road through a hilly area, because it also makes the ground below tiled.

Would take a lot of work tho.

• >> LKS_Cheeselord >>
  • Proud member of LKS. Click here to join.
  • Member of Arcane Studios, DGDN, and LKSware
  • PROJECTS: Magic Rugs - Cheese Giant - Anim Editor
  • Fear the power of CHEESE!
  • posted 13 December 2002 00:29 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
    Good idea death_wisher_mog =). The only downside to this is that buildings don't appear when you use trigger. Only the foundation shows up :\.
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Possible new trick
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames