Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Bane of Britain
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 18 January 2004 05:29 PM EDT (US)   
Alright then team, here's one:

Some of you may have read Missilez_Inc's previous posts about "chavs". His usage was the first time I'd ever encountered such a word, but it's becoming more and more evident in daily usage.

For those of you who don't know what a "chav" might be, or for those that do, but want to know more, I've found a wonderful and informative website:

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

Burberry caps and Reebok Classics all round!

Very funny, and for our non-UK friends a unique insight into the bottom of Britain's barrel. I particularly recommend "How to spot a chav" and the forum.

But the question is - am I actually being a snob here? Is this really just a snipe at poor people, or a much needed light shone into the dark, dank corners of society? Please discuss...

(By the way, any true-life examples of chavs at large are most welcome).

Right - I'm off to stick a blue neon light under my Renault Laguna...

Replies:
posted 18 January 2004 05:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 137  
Interesting website. "Townie" is the term I've heard...

s i g n a l f i r e s
posted 18 January 2004 05:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 137  
We have LOADS of them where I live. I have been to that North Kent town in the bottom section of the photos bit, and it is Sittingbourne. Trust me. That sight is NOT uncommon. The chavs in my town don't have a MacDonalds so they just hang around on a solitary bench outside the chip shop.

In case anyone wonders, they are NOT exagerating in their chav descriptions.

Back and better than ever
MSN: operationdeathlord@hotmail.com

posted 18 January 2004 07:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 137  
I hate you

Homer Jay Simpson
Just drinking another Duff beer at Moe's tavern
D'oh!
My Signature
posted 18 January 2004 07:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 137  
Homer Jay, who do you hate, and why?
posted 18 January 2004 07:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 137  
you = plural
It's cuz they sux

Homer Jay Simpson
D'oh!
My Signature
posted 18 January 2004 07:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 137  
Do you hate the people who have posted here, or the chavs that are the subject of the thread?
posted 18 January 2004 07:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 137  
I hate ..... (can't say cuz the rules don't let me)
oh, I hate my self too.

Homer Jay Simpson
D'oh!
My Signature

[This message has been edited by Homer Jay (edited 01-18-2004 @ 07:35 PM).]

posted 19 January 2004 01:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 137  
LOL

Theres chavs, charvas, townies, kevs whatever you want to call em at our school. OK heres something a normal person would say...

"Excuse me please"

But the chav...

"F***king move it you daft f***cking c**nt I'll "bray" you you f****cking d**ck COME ON THEN, YOU STARTING ON US? YOUR'E WORKING US YOU F****CKING F***K I'LL F***K F**K F***K etc etc.

EDIT: Jim Davision, a charver? ROFL

[This message has been edited by Scrunch Muppet (edited 01-19-2004 @ 01:42 PM).]

posted 19 January 2004 03:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 137  
Last I heard, the townies were the cool guys, but now theyve changed their names to trendies... Grungies are the group I dislike... dislike their clothes, attitude, and the fact that over 75% of my school smokes directly outside it breaking the law but the police and teachers do nothing. Fools.
Chavs aren't necessarily poor... perhaps delinquent, but many are rich, just incredibly idiotic and rather.... yobbish...

Whats wrong with Reebok Classics... I like 'em personally

Oh. and Burberry is seriously the big new fashionable style in my town. I mean it is really big, especially with the trendies. I think chavs were it too tho.

Are they the guys whose greeting, whether on the phone, or not, formal or nay is: "What ya say, boy?"

[This message has been edited by Esus_ (edited 01-19-2004 @ 03:07 PM).]

posted 19 January 2004 04:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 137  
Reebok is alright, but these dudes wear nothing else but Reebok and the stuff.
posted 19 January 2004 10:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 137  
Townies own u all! lol
posted 19 January 2004 11:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 137  
We don't really have chavs, but we do have wiggers. You know, the wonderful ones who are white as bloody snow and talk like they are ghetto, and "From da hood"?

Not only that, but a lot of the black people I meet are damned arrogant. They think just because some guy held their great grandfather as a slave, I have something to do with it. My family wasn't even here at the time, the roots still thick in Holland and the Slavik countries.

I find the best way to deal with a wigger is just to look at them and smile. Then if they make a "Yo Momma" crack, politely demonstrate what happens when his stomach encounters his teeth.

The path of the damned is to walk alone for all eternity
/IPhear the Phang!I\
IIII/.......................\IIII
IIII.........................IIII
\II.........................II/
\I
.........................I/
posted 19 January 2004 11:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 137  
lol! or The WUDEBOIZ (Rudeboys) i think its jamaican..i think its sorta like what ur on bout the ppl thinkin there black like 50cent..
posted 19 January 2004 11:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 137  

Quote:

wiggers

Anyone seen that new Geico commercial where the white guy was trying to rap?

i need new signature quotes
posted 20 January 2004 03:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 137  
your just being snobs, and those guys at the chavscum forum are just low, they are probably only annoyed because they get bullyd everday of there lives.
most townies just live in a lower class area, and to avoid getting beaten up, they just wear the same clothes as the 'cool' kids at school, and then some asshole snob thinks there scum becuse they see them on the street, im a townie, gonna shoot me? but i dont wear crap clothes/jewlery

that lin k pissed me off

It is possible that the concept of alternate universes lies beyond the reach of our minds. Our capacity to
reason was determined by our ancestors' experience. And they spent very little time in alternate universes
posted 20 January 2004 03:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 137  
We have a lot of those people here, they are in general poor and ugly clothing. They have a low level of education and hang out in groups. They seek fights with everyone they come across.

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude

[This message has been edited by aom dude (edited 01-20-2004 @ 03:57 PM).]

posted 20 January 2004 04:15 PM EDT (US)     17 / 137  
I can assume by your reaction, HG_Kobayashi, that you are on the borderline of being a Chav (hate the word...), and thus found it offensive because you dont see yourself in that light. Fair enough.

@AOM Dude. I love your description, its perfect. I also like the way you make it sound like they're animals that you are doing a documentary upon...

posted 20 January 2004 04:37 PM EDT (US)     18 / 137  
Accurate, straight-to-the-point description, aom dude.

s i g n a l f i r e s
posted 20 January 2004 04:52 PM EDT (US)     19 / 137  
Im form the UK and i dont have a clue wat the hell a chav is.

Heres the basic vocab for u guys.

Kev
Pikey
Batty Boy
Knobend
Bellend
Neek

I think thats it.

Well ive read a chav is liek a kev and thats just u guys calling them kevs/chavs because ur just being snobbish. Ive got a guy like that at my school who pretends to be hard at the private school we go to, but hes really pretty cool though.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz

[This message has been edited by THE_champion95 (edited 01-20-2004 @ 04:55 PM).]

posted 20 January 2004 05:17 PM EDT (US)     20 / 137  
a Batty Boy is a gay person.. a bellend is the head of a Penis..knobend is well above..and yeh i agree with HG_Koba + u lot r just mad u cant afford decent clothin and jewls.. go to

www.urbandictionary.comto get meanins of words lol.. also if u hate Townies..then u will like this.. im kinda border townie as i hate all Grunjas!! and goths!! and anyone else!

heres the link

http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/nedagotchi/glaSurvivalGame.html

based on the townies of scotland.. called neds take a look around.. This link is a game and a very good one of that..can u survive the Encounter of a Townie lol

posted 20 January 2004 05:27 PM EDT (US)     21 / 137  
I am not being a snob. I don't think ANYONE wants anyone to come up to them and say "Gissa fag". When you say "I don't smoke" they say "Well you're a prick then intcha!!!"

(Actually happened).

Back and better than ever
MSN: operationdeathlord@hotmail.com

posted 20 January 2004 05:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 137  
lmfao ^^^
posted 20 January 2004 05:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 137  
lol, people who say that arnt kevs there just gays.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
posted 20 January 2004 07:28 PM EDT (US)     24 / 137  
i dunno but i think ur just jelouse...or they beat the livin shite outta u too many times
posted 20 January 2004 07:31 PM EDT (US)     25 / 137  

Quote:

i dunno but i think ur just jelouse...or they beat the livin shite outta u too many times

I think it's more like: "Do they have to smoke up the front of the mall? Don't they have anything else to do? Why do I have to wade through them to get to the mall?"

Just my opinion.

The path of the damned is to walk alone for all eternity
/IPhear the Phang!I\
IIII/.......................\IIII
IIII.........................IIII
\II.........................II/
\I
.........................I/
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » The Bane of Britain
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register