Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Members of the Month!
posted 02 April 2007 10:01 PM EDT (US)   
We would like to honor not one, but two forumers who have greatly contributed to the site during the month of March. As it would not be fair to split up their combined efforts... let me introduce Mr. and Mrs. MotM... the hunky Petar Tasev and the fabulous Sir Dundo!

These two have brought AoMH many great mods. In addition, they have formed the design team, Modsmith Studios, which excells in... you guessed it, mods!

View Sir Dundo's mods
View tasev's mods
View combined mods

Could it be... Sir Dundo?

Below are a handful of questions asked two our two newest celebs.

Alex: Could you tell us a little about yourself? For example, your name, age, location, occupation, memorable experiences, etc...
Petar: My name is Petar Tasev, I live in the US and I'm an 8th grader (13yrs old).
Sir Dundo: Well, my names is Vaughan Cromwell, I live in the Middle of nowhere, somewhere between Washington and Florida. (do the math) One thing that not many people know is that I am both Adopted and Home-schooled. Yep. Breathe.. In.. Out... In..

Alex: What is a typical day like for you? (school, work, unusual hangout places, reading, writing, watching TV, etc.)
Petar: Usually I come home, do my homework and I do some stuff on the computer.
Sir Dundo: A. Up at 8, on the computer at 9:45-10. (restrictions apply)
B. Work my freaking butt off till about 10:30 PM. (restrictions apply)
C. Repeat steps A-B. (restrictions apply)

Alex: If you could describe yourself in one word, which would it be and why?
Sir Dundo: lol

That's a word isn't it? Some people see me as a great modder, others see me as mental, it's up to you to decide. "lol" means "funny" in Dutch. Funny, isn't it?

Alex: What was the first computer game you played?
Petar: My first computer game was Bubsi, most of you probably have no idea what it is and I still have it.
Sir Dundo: MS Paint FTW! Huh that's not a game is it.. I honestly don't remember. All I really remember is spending hours doodling on MS Paint. And AoE Was right behind that.

Alex: When did you first get into Age of Mythology?
Petar: I got into Age of Mythology when I was 9 or 10 in 2004.
Sir Dundo: I heard about it from friends, went over to their house, played a demo and got hooked. I started messing with the Editor after cheating my way through the campaign and soon began creating a few scenarios, but there was one problem.. Camera Pitch!

Alex: How did you find Age of Mythology Heaven?
Petar: I was searching for downloads for AoM and I found Age of Mythology Heaven.
Sir Dundo: Microsoft AoM Tech Support. Dead Serious. Way back in 2004. (ok I guess it's not that far back, but still) I was going crazy. I was pulling my hair out. I WANTED CAMERA PITCH! So I got some help from none other than Microsoft themselves!

Nostalgia: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.games/post4337948.asp

This isn't the original link, as it's been deleted some time ago, but it appears that Eggheadcafe has taken my question from the original Microsoft location and posted it on their own site. Nifty!

I wandered around AoMH for some time, stumbling upon the Forums and stumbling upon Modding. I got hooked all over again. Some people may remember me as the "Green, Bold, Italics Dude12435". Yep, that was me. I soon began experimenting with mods and before long I had released my first mod on AoMH: The Roman Legionaire!

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4709

Can't be too bad for my first mod released to AoMH now can it?

Alex: When did you start coding?
Petar: I started coding when I was 10 in 2005, around March, I think.

Alex: When did you start working with one another?
Petar: I started working with Sir Dundo after we met at LFS and we talked on MSN. After a while, we decided to do a mod and that's how it all started.
Sir Dundo: If I remember correctly, it started when I join the Legends of the Third Age team. Petar at that time was working in the same forums with the Age of Star Wars modpack, and we got together and started talking on MSN. Soon we discovered our skills and began talking and helping each other out on things.

Alex: I know you and Dundo work together on most of your mods, but which areas in modding are your specialties? (modeling, textures, coding, etc.)
Sir Dundo: I am the Modeller/Texturer/Animator/Anything Graphical Dude. Call me the skin.

Petar is the Anim/Proto/Language.dll/Anything Coding Dude. Call him the bones.

Alex: If you were most proud of one of your mods, which would it be and why?
Petar: I am most proud of the Sasirbak because it took the longest and probably the most work than any of our other mods.
Sir Dundo: Hmm.. That's a tough one, but I'd have to say the Sasirbak. This was what really set in motion my partnership with Petar, and the building block of Modsmith Studios itself.

Alex: Do you wish to take your modding skills into a later profession? Like a professional game designer or modeller?
Petar: I really enjoy games, so I think I would like to be part of a game making team but you never know, I might just do C++ and many other computer languages for cell phones and other things like that.
Sir Dundo: I've been struggling so-to-speak with that recently. I don't know if I want to do this when I'm older or not. It'll take some thought and prayer, I'm not jumping into anything right now.

Alex: Do you have any other mods or scenarios planned for the nearby future which you would like to give us a little information about?
Sir Dundo: BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Read As: Stoney is back in town. *insert evil ninja smiley here*

Alex: Approximately, how much time a week do you spend doing something related to AoM/AoMH?
Petar: I probably spend about 5 hrs per week. Thats not much but I get my coding done fast.

Alex: If you could relate yourself to a single unit in Age of Mythology, which would it be and why?
Petar: I would relate myself to a toxetes because I really like bows and arrows and lots of other ranged weapons.

Alex: Besides AoM:TT, are there any other pc games you commonly play?
Petar: Other than AoM:TT, I really like to play Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots and any Counter Strike game.
Sir Dundo: Besides the once-in-a-blue-moon SWGB and AoK, No. O_O
Unless Emulators count as PC games..

Alex: Are there any other hobbies that you are passionate about?
Petar: I really like playing soccer, tennis and basketball with freinds. I also create some websites but I'm not really that good. I just make the html and css.
Sir Dundo: I absolutely love the Piano. I've never had proffesional teaching or training, but it is my passion. I'll sacrifice Modding time just to play. ;-)

Alex: Tell us about your design team, Modsmith Studios, what is the main goal for the studio?
Petar: Modsmith Studio's goal is to gather some good designers that are happy to work together as a team to create awesome mod's and scenario's.

[This message has been edited by Rainbow Randolph (edited 04-02-2007 @ 10:09 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02 April 2007 10:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Disclaimer:

Neither me nor Petar Tasev are responsible for the illegitament content of this thread. As such, being posted by a disgruntled, now-resigned Rainbow Randolph, we will not be taking questions that are related to the comments of the Author of this thread.

Yay, go Modifications!

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
/¯¯¯¯\_/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_/¯¯¯¯\
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|Proud Leader of Modsmith Studios|
\_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\_/
|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\______/¯¯\--/¯¯¯\--/¯¯\______/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
\...Supreme Commander Heaven.../

[This message has been edited by Sir Dundo (edited 04-02-2007 @ 10:24 PM).]

posted 02 April 2007 10:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
Thank you for posting that fabulous comment, your honor!

posted 02 April 2007 10:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
     ,gggg,                                                                                                                                                                                   
,88"""Y8b, I8 I8 ,dPYb, I8 ,dPYb, ,dPYb,
d8" `Y8 I8 I8 IP'`Yb I8 IP'`Yb IP'`Yb
d8' 8b d8 88888888 88888888 I8 8I 88888888 I8 8I I8 8I
,8I "Y88P' I8 I8 I8 8' I8 I8 8' I8 8'
I8' ,ggggg, ,ggg,,ggg, ,gggg,gg ,gggggg, ,gggg,gg I8 ,g, I8 ,ggggg, I8 dP ,ggggg, I8 I8 dPgg, ,ggggg, I8 dP
d8 dP" "Y8ggg ,8" "8P" "8, dP" "Y8I dP""""8I dP" "Y8I I8 ,8'8, I8 dP" "Y8ggg I8dP 88gg dP" "Y8ggg I8 I8dP" "8I dP" "Y8ggg I8dP
Y8, i8' ,8I I8 8I 8I i8' ,8I ,8' 8I i8' ,8I ,I8, ,8' Yb ,I8, i8' ,8I I8P 8I i8' ,8I ,I8, I8P I8 i8' ,8I I8P
`Yba,,_____, ,d8, ,d8' ,dP 8I Yb,,d8, ,d8I ,dP Y8,,d8, ,d8b, ,d88b, ,8'_ 8) ,d88b, ,d8, ,d8' ,d8b, ,8I ,d8, ,d8' ,d88b, ,d8 I8, ,d8, ,d8' ,d8b,_
`"Y8888888 P"Y8888P" 8P' 8I `Y8P"Y8888P"8888P `Y8P"Y8888P"`Y888P""Y88P' "YY8P8P 88P""Y88P"Y8888P" 8P'"Y88P"' P"Y8888P" 88P""Y8888P `Y8 P"Y8888P" PI8"8888
,d8I' I8 `8,
,dP'8I I8 `8,
,8" 8I I8 8I
I8 8I I8 8I
`8, ,8I I8, ,8'
`Y8P" "Y8P'

gg gg ,ggggg, gg gg
I8 8I dP" "Y8ggg I8 8I
I8, ,8I i8' ,8I I8, ,8I
,d8b, ,d8I ,d8, ,d8' ,d8b, ,d8b,
P""Y88P"888P"Y8888P" 8P'"Y88P"`Y8
,d8I'
,dP'8I
,8" 8I
I8 8I
`8, ,8I
`Y8P"
Congrats to both of you.
Well deserved.

We need a new thing to say when something good happens. Congrats/Congo Rats is so old and bland.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)

[This message has been edited by Freaky2 (edited 04-02-2007 @ 10:31 PM).]

posted 02 April 2007 10:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
Thank you!
EDIT: Nice congrats thing!

[This message has been edited by tasev (edited 04-02-2007 @ 10:33 PM).]

posted 02 April 2007 10:41 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
Congratulations!

posted 02 April 2007 10:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
Thanks all.

posted 02 April 2007 11:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
Congratulations!

A green great dragon.
posted 03 April 2007 04:33 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
Happy ohyaysmembersofthemonthday. ^_^

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 03 April 2007 04:39 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
Congratulations!

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
posted 03 April 2007 06:13 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
Congrats guys! Well done! I knew you would make members of the month!
posted 03 April 2007 07:56 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
Contrapulatoriumations!

(^My way of saying 'Congratulations')

posted 03 April 2007 09:50 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
Congrats.

"We swim because we are too sexy for a sport that requires clothes."
posted 03 April 2007 06:01 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
posted 03 April 2007 06:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
Remember the stone giant....

posted 03 April 2007 10:58 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
You obviously didn't read the whole thing..

"Alex: Do you have any other mods or scenarios planned for the nearby future which you would like to give us a little information about?
Sir Dundo: BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Read As: Stoney is back in town. *insert evil ninja smiley here*"

posted 04 April 2007 06:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
We've been working on the chinese civ as some of you know, Other then that, we have been working on a bit of other mods.

We've been trying to piece together possible future mods but none of them ended up working out nicely, for example, the bridge just couldn't work without ALOT of hardwork and time.

GOM has worked on a little prototype but so far it the mod isn't going the best.
Screenie here: http://i10.tinypic.com/4340n89.png

don't expect the bridge mod to soon.

Other possible projects we've been working on include: Ferret and Cat mod, Huntable Birds, Risk Random map, Greek Phalanx, Viking Throwing Spear, Velociraptor and a few more.

[This message has been edited by AmazingFerret (edited 04-04-2007 @ 06:56 PM).]

posted 05 April 2007 06:24 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
Of course, most of these are just ideas. If we start to make some headway, then all those can be real projects.

And if anyone's interested seriously in modding, head over to Modsmith Studios and check it out.

posted 06 April 2007 03:29 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
Congo-rats!
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Members of the Month!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames