Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of the Month - June, 2007
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 30 June 2007 06:09 PM EDT (US)   
Another month, another member honoured. Enjoy.

jml Silly posts, great eccentric humour, and a bit – maybe a lot – of weirdness. jml has been with AoMH for quite sometime, and his unique style of posting has always made him stand out in a positive way. The great guy from France now reveals a bit of his live in this interview.

So, I took a look around at your site, and you make photographs right? Is that your job or a hobby?
It's my job. Actually it was.
i don't do this anymore.
You won't believe it but... I got into the gaming business. But this should be saved for later. And it's kind of secret.
I still teach photo? And I will never stop doing it I hope.

Later in the interview, or just later?
Up to you. I don't mind talking about it. You lead the game.

Let’s put it in the end then
What kind of photo do you like taking the most? I saw a lot of people in your albums? Is that what you do the most?

Absolutely! People! All I care about. Same with AoM. People, forumers... and triggers.

So you don't care about landscapes while you live in France?
The beautiful mountains and fields and stuff? or Paris?

People again. I live in France... because I'm born here. So I got used to the population, after all these years.
I lived in a couple of places around the world, for quite some time even. But I always wanted to come back here. And spend the rest of my life in this country. Maybe a bit more down to the south part of it. I'm starting to like sun.
Beside landscapes don't matter if you have them in front of your eyes everyday.
I didn't even miss them when I lived in New-York.
That city is just so unbelievable.
But it's not that important.
People are.
I'm not saying I don't like Americans. Some of them are my friends for ever. And I hate some Frenches.
People matter, countries don't.
America is one of the most surprising country if you're into landscape kind of stuff!
I traveled everywhere there because of my job. One of the greatest side of it.
But in Paris, I just barely move, like if I've seen it enough. But always looking at it. Still.
It's just around. I don't care but this is why I came back.
To move onto something else.

So do you take pictures of your family? Other then just family photos or something?
No. This is one of the reason I quite the photo business.
I lost the fun, the envy of it.
I don't take photos anymore. About the family now. I feel if I take pictures of my kids it means I don't look at them anymore. And I do look at them. No time for photos. I never look at family photos, I mean mine actually. Other families? I'm polite!

So how many kids do you have actually? And do they like your photographs?
2! 1 of each. girl and boy.
They like me. Therefore they're probably the worst photo jury ever. They don't look at mine. They're 4and 3 in the first place. But they starting to use my cameras... very interesting when you see a kid taking a picture... against the rules.
Why didn't I do it? :---( hé,hé!

So could you tell a bit about how your day looks like?
Wouhaha!
I get up early. Always did. Even before my kids, meaning before I have kids, and now before they get up. They're early birds as well.
7 am.
Everyday. Even week-ends.
The I'll take them to school.
And café time. Terrace, café, croissant. So french? No! So good. They do the same in New-York. And it's sunnier. Only not that many cafés though.
No I'm a sort of writer. So my time is up to me.
But it works better if I keep a certain schedule. 9 to 2pm.
But never without taking a fast look at what's going on at HG. Funny isn't it?
Before I forget...
I work with a couple of guys so mostly, the afternoon is about meetings. Lots of politics involved. My girl picks up the kids at 4. And family time. I work again at night a bit. And I go to bed late. 2am or some. I never thought of that.

A screenshot from Regi's way.You always show up at HG. The forumers you seem to know best are The Vandhaal, King Jared, mostly the older members. Any special favorites? And why?
Well I think I know loads of HG guys actually... and some girls.
I know your country man quite well. Never saw each other but I know him more than a few people I see everyday... without looking.
I know nothing about KJ really, beside his designer job. We had a little argument even. But he helped me greatly after that. Style.
I have no favorite. They all are. Truly.
The same unknown reason brought us to HG. I can't be far away from any one of them. Not one of us can.
I like the game but the forums even more.
You know why?
Because when the most of my life was about AoM designing, HG and HG guys never let me down.
Of course some names could come faster to my mind. But I even like the guy who hasn't showed up yet.

You did make a scenario with King Jared in it. And The Vandhaal, so I thought all of you where good friends, your other project is Regi's Way, how did you get the idea for that one?
Only because they are AoM.
It's like casting Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for a movie. With KJ as Brad Pitt, of course. Who else? They knew each other, even countrymen I think.
And when I showed up they were Kings!
I had to do it.

Now about the idea?
I had none! Wouhahaha!
If you remember one thing of tonight, this is the one! Just start designing, then only think about thinking.
Just started playing with the editor, picked Reginleif right away, the only one... beside Amanra. And then I had to come up with some story, but it went almost automatically... and learn triggers... cinematics... mods... everything. Day after day. 2 years.
The reason why I made that story.
Because there were the 2 Italian guys with some great stuff I couldn't play, some mess, I don't know. So I decided to do a little clean-up, trigger after trigger. And learned, easily because i had too, what was a trigger. Mostly the Italian school. Maggo Merlino.

The map from Regi's Way

Indeed the story was kind of random. The dancing polar bear was cool. Was that just another thing that just came, or did have a form of inspiration?
The AoM editor is full of wonders. Actually this isn't true. Your brain is. The thing I want any new AoM designer to know is that this beautiful editor will never let you down. Never. Impossible is not AoM.
I'm very much like that. It depends on the day. I'm very optimistic in a certain way. Since I know everyone is pretty black, I can only be nicely surprised.
I believe sometimes if you let yourself go, that's the only way to do what you're meant and capable to do.
I have no idea why this polar bear came up all of a sudden.
But let me tell you one thing, if I knew why, or had known at the time, there wouldn't be no polar bear.
Of course I got wonderfully inspired by other guys. This world is old. And so new at the same time. Maggo Merlino was the first one with this rotating effect. And what about the music? I loved that music. This is not inspiration. A way better than this. It's love. I love music. So music had to be involved into that piece.

So what kind of music do you listen to normally?
Actually I think music was more surprising than the twisting bear itself in this AoM world.
There are not so many funny scenario's in AoM.
I'm funny, when I don't think of killing myself because my parents divorced... because of me.
So my AoM simply went... funny! As simple as that.
AoM could be just you... but you have to let both go with your flow.
The only rule, I mean condition, sorry.
Music? Black. Anything that comes from pain. When your body moves before you realize it.
I'm 49 and I still go clubbing. Alone. Dance all night. I need it. I can't live without it. My body is also me. And music tells me all about it. I love house music. For ever. Well love is always for ever.

Hmmm.... Thx a lot for this all....I think we only need to conclude it now? So what do you do in the gaming business now?

26 minutes pass.

It must have a long job description

4 more minutes

You're really part of AoM now.
It's like you've always been.
See, that's amazing what a game can do. You've changed a lot along the way.
This is mostly the purpose of my game. Growing up.
But fun!
Good night.

As such was the end to our conversation. A weird one, but interesting.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
Replies:
posted 30 June 2007 06:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 31  
Awesome! Congrats my favorite Frenchie.

Nice to see you getting more recognition.

...don't worry Vandhaal, not hotlinking.

Stop taking so many vacations, run away from aoe3, get a pc, and come back to us! Or skip the third step and take pride in being the Oscar of macs.

posted 30 June 2007 06:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 31  
WARNING! CONSPIRACY THEORY BELOW!

*gasp* jml got a job at ES and is making AoM2 which has an uber Regenlief! Vandhall is a new unit but there's no King Jarred! Even worse...it's for the Mac!

/CONSPIRACY

jml, don't listen to him...use your awesome game-designing skills to make AoM Chocolate compatable with Macs and make a Regi's Way 2! Or just buy Windows...but AoEIII is evil! Return to AoM!

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 30 June 2007 06:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 31  
If ES made The War Chiefs for Mac I don't see what's stopping them from making The Titans for Mac.

posted 30 June 2007 08:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 31  
posted 30 June 2007 08:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 31  
congratulations even though i dont know you.
posted 30 June 2007 08:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 31  
Congrats jml!!!

~Geo

<3
posted 30 June 2007 08:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 31  
Great! You seem like a really nice person, congratulations.

I never asked for this.
posted 30 June 2007 11:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 31  
Good job! ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 30 June 2007 11:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 31  
Félicitations Jml!

A green great dragon.
posted 01 July 2007 02:03 AM EDT (US)     10 / 31  
Congratulations guy who sounds like coding!

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
posted 01 July 2007 05:07 AM EDT (US)     11 / 31  
Woo Always look forward to these. JML you sly person... I'm sure we could all place a good guess are what game you are involved in

P.S. My birthday is the 29th of July Hint Hint.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 01 July 2007 05:27 AM EDT (US)     12 / 31  
Thanks guys!
I'm leaving in one hour for holydays! And this is quite a nice vacations present.
Thanks to those who thought of me to be here.
Straight to my heart.
Don't forget the only important thing I talked about.
You.
So, your next step is to get back to your mouse. Now!
And fast, because...

AoM isn't dying.
We are.

@ Eric

I liked reading this stuff. Nice flow... Thanks.

I hope you guys will play that game we're working on some day.
Because I made it specially for guys like you.
I don't think I would have even think of it without the AoM editor...
posted 01 July 2007 05:33 AM EDT (US)     13 / 31  
I Agree!

Long live AOM!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 07-01-2007 @ 05:33 AM).]

posted 01 July 2007 07:02 AM EDT (US)     14 / 31  
When it's released, can you tell us what it is?

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 01 July 2007 07:33 AM EDT (US)     15 / 31  
Paperfriend is called Eric!?! well his e-mail kinda gave it away... but hey you lern somthing new :P

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 01 July 2007 12:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 31  
Oh damn I missed to make a reply before YOU ( JML) went on Holiday

Well Mon Ami...I hope that this reply is not at the bottom of this thread when you return...or maybe it should be..because that would mean a lot have replied.......anyway...Congrats Mon Ami You deserved this honour of being a Mc donalds employee....uh I mean AomH forummer of the Month !

I hope that you and your family have much fun on your holidays..........although I look a bit with frustration at all who are about to expereince their summer holidays...JML---> away....Elflesh---> away and probably a lot of more people will have a good time......unfortunatly not me

but enough about my nagging....this is about JML and the spotlight on him....and Yes you probably are one of the guys/girls who does know me the best.... Angelina Jolie= me=vandhaal hahahaha...lol this is also, once again a good uportunity to say to all...... I am a guy....... but yes...there is no way to prove it for me anymore....since JML has started with this Vandhaal= a babe thing

Ok I hope you will be hanging around aom for a long time.....and also I hope you will one day create something again for it...............be well Mon Ami and seeyou soon again !

Good job Paperfriend !

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

p.s there is no p.s this time

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]
posted 01 July 2007 12:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 31  
once again a good uportunity to say to all...... I am a guy
Yes of course..........

posted 01 July 2007 05:33 PM EDT (US)     18 / 31  
Congratulations jml! Interesting *weird* interview :P

Just off topic but does jml stand for Jamel in any way? You don't have to answer though

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake, but embrace it as your own...
posted 01 July 2007 08:44 PM EDT (US)     19 / 31  
JML is on holidays now but I can answer it

NO JML stand for Jean-Marc Lézineau.

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]
posted 01 July 2007 09:52 PM EDT (US)     20 / 31  
Paperfriend I have found a spelling mistake in the newsie on the home page.
This time, it the beloved French, jml.
O think it's meant to be; This time, it's the beloved French, jml. ~ Khan

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 02 July 2007 02:18 AM EDT (US)     21 / 31  
thx

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 02 July 2007 04:42 AM EDT (US)     22 / 31  
There are still some mistakes throughout the text but not much to hold your neck on

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake, but embrace it as your own...
posted 02 July 2007 02:41 PM EDT (US)     23 / 31  
Congrats jml my French friend.
Hey Vandy, you shouldn't give his name in public, cause maybe he wanted to protect his anonymity.
Also, I'd like to see jml online with the rest of the company, where we play during weekends team games.

regards

the Elder
"imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein
posted 02 July 2007 03:07 PM EDT (US)     24 / 31  
I don't think he minds his name being public. His personal website is public.
Also, I'd like to see jml online with the rest of the company, where we play during weekends team games.
Same here. But he's on a mac = no Titans.

- Alex
posted 02 July 2007 03:09 PM EDT (US)     25 / 31  
I always thought that DIP was Taufiq?
*confuzzled*

[This message has been edited by iPosts (edited 07-02-2007 @ 03:10 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of the Month - June, 2007
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames