Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of the Month - July, 2007
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 06 August 2007 02:51 PM EDT (US)   

First of all, sorry for the delay, second of all:
This month, we honour an ancient forum legend: Out Reach. Unlike the other interviews, this one was done in two parts, with a split after the average day question, so please keep this in mind. Have fun reading!

First of all, you have created scenarios like Angry Hordes, full with weird texts and stuff, do you like that kind of humour?
Well hi Paperfriend, thanks for doing this, I’m glad all those bribes paid off. Well I would like to answer your question in 17 different ways. No not really one will do. YES! Since I was very young I always took things a little to literally. So my humour has always been on the black comedy side. I love shows like Monty Python and my prized possession is a signed picture of Michel Palin. Comedy is one of my favourite things, and if I can’t get someone to laugh I normally go more insane until they do or I end up in a nice warm white coat.

Next to Monty Python, what do you think of the humour videos created with Age of Mythology, like Mythic Cops, Brass Monkey, etc. etc?
I love them, nothing better than a good cinematic movie. Mythic Cops was a personal favourite of mine, And a little known fact is that PFTQ gave me permission to make a sequel “Imperial Cops” for AOE3, however the poor editor came along, and it never happened. Attack of the space Monkeys was another of great quality. And was made by one of my oldest friends at AOMH Hessu. I of course had my own attempt at the gene with ASORE, A series of random events, where my personal favourite scene is “Thoth Lock on Time”.

How does that sense for 'weird' humour reflect in your everyday activities? Do you do anything with things like that?
When I‘m with my friends I tend to be going at a joke a minute, then again I did warp them all to my sense of humour, so now they only get the jokes I tell. I have preformed in several roles in school productions, as well, Most notably I played The bus Driver in “Our Day Out” where I had a solo and several one liners. I also love singing. I have a bit of a deep voice, In fact many people are surprised when they hear me sing. If you want an example one can raid you tube to find this. I don’t really like the song, I Have been taunted with it all my life, but then again it does not help being called Matthew Wilde.
I also spend some time writing sketches with friends, a recent example would be the “moderate 4” a band of super heroes who act as backup to the more well known fantastic 4. They are lead by “falling up stairs man” who can fall up stairs to knock over the opponents…

About your sketches, the falling up stairs man sounds cool! What do the other three do?
Vegetarian man- who can turn meat into tofu
God i've forgoton.
I wrote it 4 weeks ago
Ah a man who can move biscuits with his mind, and people keep asking him to move jaffa cakes

biscuits lol
as you see there very moderate

lol

So what is your average day like? Could you describe it a bit?
Ah the average day question… Well I used to go to college, and that would be the whole day. I would get back home at 4PM and do work, then HG, and AOM then sleep. I would spend the weekends seeing friends, but if people where away or no one was around I would fit in a big designing spree, I tend to do a lot of work in a big single session, I might do about 4-5 of these over a month before I finish a scenario. Now that the exams are over though… Lots of free time. I’ve been going out to the cinema and into town shopping and meeting friends but still time to do lots of AOM as well.

What types of games do you like playing?
The first computer game I ever played was Crash Bandicoot 1. Simple beginnings… I moved onto Pokémon Blue where I got all 150, and then found something I loved, RTS. I had gone to a friends house and he said, hey “would you mind playing this campaign I made?” I wasn’t sure what he was on about but I bluffed my way onto AoE2. There I played his simple campaign mostly of puzzles. We carried onto Empire Earth, where I made my first cinematic, about a particularly boring teacher being turned into an ostrich… We then moved onto Stronghold and found HG. We both made a release or two, mine was a collection of stadiums made in the editor, while he made more fully working maps.

Well then time passed and AOM came out. My friend played it before I had it, and completed the campaign. Then he opened the editor. Compared to the simple editors in stronghold and AOE2 it looked impossible to him. He sold me the game, and I’ve moved on from there. I headed off to AOMH and made some rather silly topics if you look back on them now with my “reach268” account.
Some time latter I got a game called Ghost Master. Some good single player strategy fun. With the online community at www.ghostmaster.net, where I am still one of the top posters on the forum. Some time latter I got back into AoM with the release of the expansion. By now I had been using the editor for a bit and had it sussed, however I had forgot my “reach268” accounts password. Several failed attempts to get in touch with staff latter I registered again under “newreach268”. and here I have been ever since.
Since then I have made one other major gaming move: that to the MMORPG where I play Guild Wars. I have joined back up with my old friend Zebas, who is the leader of THPK, a member of the ANY alliance, who tend to spend most of there time in control of Cavalon - the leading Luxon town in the game.
Overall RTS’s are my favourite games, but I do like the odd RPG. Strategy tends to be the key word though I like playing chess as well.

Since you don't only design, did you play supremacy for any of those games?
No not really...
AoE2 was design... but I only spent about a month on it until EE. EE was design again... my first online match I lost. It was from the stone age to the final age, but when my medieval archers got nuked I realised I was a bit slow.
Then Stronghold: no online play and Ghost Master was single player only. So no, I don't really play supremacy.

Is there anything you would like to say to the community?
Well there are so many things I could say… To hessu, Gerbs, Medusasson and Silvermoon: It would be that our conversations over MSN have been insane.
To LFS: Thanks for the offer and all the maps I got to play test. To the many design teams I actually got in: Good memories.
To Omega Studios: hurry up and post a real opening thread.
To Papaya: Count the votes.
To King Jared: sorry I got your brother to bug you to put me in the news.
To everyone else: Know that I am here; a design knowledge bank other than nottud. Oh, and the future is green one way or another!

Thank you for taking part in this interview
No problem.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 08-06-2007 @ 03:14 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06 August 2007 02:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 70  
Congratulations, Reach!

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 06 August 2007 03:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 70  
thankyou mr. paperfriend sir. *taps watch*

Look everyone i'm in the news! (your all doomed )

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 06 August 2007 03:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 70  
Oh so that's what you look like! Great! ... your dancing with a skeleton!

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 06 August 2007 04:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 70  
Reach is hott! Rofl, can't believe I just typed that.

Oh well, congratzulations reach.

posted 06 August 2007 05:24 PM EDT (US)     5 / 70  
The more he glares at you, the scarier... I mean "sexy"er he is
Is there anything you would like to say to the community?
Well there are so many things I could say… To hessu, Gerbs, Medusasson and Silvermoon: It would be that our conversations over MSN have been insane.
To LFS: Thanks for the offer and all the maps I got to play test. To the many design teams I actually got in: Good memories.
To Omega Studios: hurry up and post a real opening thread.
To Papaya: Count the votes.
To King Jared: sorry I got your brother to bug you to put me in the news.
To everyone else: Know that I am here; a design knowledge bank other than nottud. Oh, and the future is green one way or another!
Why isn't there a message personally to me, like 'enjoy your holiday'

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 06 August 2007 05:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 70  
Congrats reach.

Nice eyes

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 06 August 2007 06:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 70  
you promised ME that that skelepicture would not be seen again
oh how you were wrong mahaha
well done dear person!

Maid, I don't think that will be necessary.
posted 06 August 2007 07:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 70  
congrats
posted 07 August 2007 02:56 AM EDT (US)     9 / 70  
Congrats Out Reach you have some weirdness like me but I rarely be weird on HG!!!

[Image]

[Image]

Your not really an idiot even though it says so on the first pic!

<3
posted 07 August 2007 03:10 AM EDT (US)     10 / 70  
erm yes. *steps back from shanks and mephiles*

It appears i was wrong citrus

Thankyou loyal out reach supporters

Out Reach
posted 07 August 2007 03:13 AM EDT (US)     11 / 70  
Congrats reach!

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
posted 07 August 2007 03:15 AM EDT (US)     12 / 70  
Your one of my 2 masters that I worship Out Reach.

<3
posted 07 August 2007 03:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 70  
thanks botolf

And erm... who is the other

Out Reach
posted 07 August 2007 03:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 70  
A guy on ESO, we do not speak of his name. Well actually it's a guy called slasha.

<3
posted 07 August 2007 05:23 AM EDT (US)     15 / 70  
Yay way to go reach, the future for you isnt green, its orange ....and wooo I even got mentioned

*must be moving up in the world*

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 07 August 2007 06:48 AM EDT (US)     16 / 70  
Job reach! you deserved it! I don't think that I could have given THAT many bribes because I would have fallen asleep by the 12th. Anyway have fun with the title ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 07 August 2007 07:30 AM EDT (US)     17 / 70  
Roxas don't you think he should be red because then he will be our funny little angel.

<3
posted 07 August 2007 07:32 AM EDT (US)     18 / 70  
ahhh but my way is a double pun . And reach is no angel anyway . But woooo, go reach

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 07 August 2007 10:03 AM EDT (US)     19 / 70  
'Grats

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake, but embrace it as your own...
posted 07 August 2007 11:43 AM EDT (US)     20 / 70  
thankyou, thankyou

speaking of which where is my title... Oh wait, paper has to talk to Zen, so erm... its not just papers fault. rats if it was papers fault i could have complained.

Out Reach
posted 07 August 2007 12:36 PM EDT (US)     21 / 70  
Congo-Ratz! Mr. Reach!

I never asked for this.
posted 07 August 2007 12:56 PM EDT (US)     22 / 70  
Ohhh nice. I got guildwars too lol. What does it entale to become forumer of the month anyway lol. Just lots of bribes? haha

Beta(eyecandy)Team Leader of Omega Studios
Try some of my maps reviews appreciated.
posted 07 August 2007 04:55 PM EDT (US)     23 / 70  
LULZ, WATCH THAT FLUBBER FLY *WINK.
posted 07 August 2007 05:05 PM EDT (US)     24 / 70  
Yeah. Woo Reach. And yeah, sorry I never finished that map for you, my attention span ran out. Otherwise we'd probably be terrorizing LFS's empty AoM husk...

(see what I did there with the instead of punctuation!)

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well
posted 08 August 2007 02:57 AM EDT (US)     25 / 70  
yep mostly bribes... and sexual advances *winks at paperfriend*

Thanks gerbs

Out Reach
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of the Month - July, 2007
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames