map1
map2
ARCHAIC AGE
houses

Obrach - workers

DANU,
fertility_goddess
---Wonder- vertical Uffington horse.

God Power- Leprechaun Rainbow. Placed over a Town Centre, mix of Dwarven Mine & Plenty Vault.Captureable .PV comparison when activated-
Archaic Age- 1/512
-Classical- 1/64
-Heroic - 1/8
-Mythic- 1/1
Heroes Archaic-Finn_MacCool----------------- -Classical-Aoife(f) ranged harpoonist

The Gae_Bulga
- this was a type of harpoon with retractable barbs, it was given by Scathach the warrior woman to Aoife. It had thirty barbs and was made from the bones of a sea monster.
Heroic-
Maeve
M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medb

Mythic
Culchuhain C
------------------------------------------------------
BELENUS sun,_spring,_livestock_&_planting_god

Wonder-Coirc
magic cauldron. Acts as Plenty Vault when built, captureable or destructable
-GP- Druid Conversion nearest visible human enemy,
Heroes;
Lancelot, L, Galahad, Merlin, Arthur

------------------------------------------------------------ -
CERNUNNOS]
hunting god
we're talking REALLY ancient here, kiddies Wonder- Stonehenge

GP- Beast mastery- all visible animals are instantly tamed
Heroes
Vercingetorix
Cassivellaunus
VCass Cara
Caractacus

B
------------------------------------------------------------ ----
Meall Temple- circular mound type

Druid
Temple unit- (unranged healing scout).
Meadowsweet is a classic for diarrhea, especially valued for children. The leaf is added to wine to bring a "merry heart", that is, to treat depression. Meadowsweet contains methyl salicylate, making it a good herb for rheumatic complaints and flu's. It is astringent and helps with indigestion. It has diuretic properties, which make it helpful in edema.
MINT: (Mentha spicata, sativa, aquatica, and others) A Druid sacred herb, most mints are creeping plants that hybridize easily, producing infinite variations. The have erect, square branching stems, aromatic foliage and flowers in leaf axils. Mints are stimulant, aid digestion, and reduce flatulence.
MISTLETOE: (Viscum album) Also known as Birdlime, All-Heal, Druid's Herb, and Golden Bough. It is the most sacred "tree" of the Druids and rules over Winter Solstice. The berries are poisonous. Mistletoe is thought to be most powerful if growing on an oak tree. The leafy twigs, toxic in volume, are a heart tonic, reduce blood pressure, slow heart rate, strengthen capillary walls, stimulate the immune system and inhibit tumors.
Woad
Recently, scientists have discovered woad might be used to prevent cancer, having more than 20 times the amount of glucobrassicin contained in broccoli.[4] Young leaves when damaged can produce more glucobrassicin, up to 65 times as much.[5]
Favour gaining
Fighting 70%
& sacrificing 30% .
Victims disappear into tomb temple- 1% pack horses
2% workers
4% soldiers
8% heroes

EconomyOx-carts like Norse
commands-
hunt (v) =fiach
farm (v)=saothraigh
dig (v)=rómhair
make (v)=déan
go (v)=imigh
attack (v)=onsaigh
-=========================================================== ===========
CLASSICAL AGE
DAGDA
god of treaties & building. He has great magical powers, and he possesses a harp which comes to him when he calls, and a cauldron of abundance which restores dead warriors to life, but without powers of speech, in case they say too much about the afterlife. The Dagda's Cauldron, a large cooking pot which never emptied and which left none hungry, is one of the four legendary treasures of Ireland. When not in use, it stored the blood-dripping Spear of Lugh.
http://www.irishaustralia.com/O'Reilly/Images/dagda2.jpg

GP Brilliance; fairy swarm of light explodes, temp'y blinding foes. Twice.
Myth Unit-
Banshee
shrieking demoralizes enemies
-----------------------------------------------------
GOVANNON
Smith_&_Brewer_God

GP- drunken courage
MU- Cu Sidhe, covered with poison hemlock, an enormous legendary hound of the Scottish Highlands. Roughly the size of a cow or large calf, the Cu Sith was said to be dark green in color with shaggy fur and a long braided or curled tail.
The creature was said to be capable of hunting silently, but would occasionally let out three terrifying barks that could be heard for long distances, including by ships at sea. This was said to be a warning to farmers to lock up their women, lest the beast abduct them and take them to a fairy mound to supply milk for fairy (Sídhe) children.
http://www.dogboston.com/4dogplaces/images/greendog.jpg
-------------------------------------
NUADA
healing_god

shield
Claíomh Solais (IPA: [kɫiːv ˈsɔɫɪʃ]; also known as The Sword of Light) was a sword that came from Findias and belonged to Nuada Airgeadlámh (Nuada of the Silver Hand), who was leader of the Tuatha Dé Danann and King of Ireland
GP- Animal Sight- briefly shows all non-military animals.
Kelpie
fresh water horse, drowns enemies by flooding their lungs.

------------------------------------------------------------
Gabha- armoury

The New Cambridge Medieval History-By Timothy Reuter
Germanic or Celtic smithery was well in advance of its Mediterranean counterpart: more solid axes, ploughshares, coulters & mouldboards, horseshoes, barrelhoops & wheelrims, & of course the armaments used in warfare & hunting.
- Beairic (barracks) (barracks),Lancea-oval shield

gestatae
berserker armed with a targe &
calgaith

Scioból(stable) Carpenton-chariot javelineer
Carnyx_Marcshula
(mounted trumpeter), fights with
spatha
when reaches foes

Tower

============================================================ ===============
HEROIC AGE
MORRIGANwargoddess

GP- Celtic Fury
MU- Battle Bull

----------------------------------------
OGMA
poetry_&_ writing_god
GP- Redcap plague, vicious goblins appear ,equalling number of troops
A malevolent goblin, redcaps are easily distinguishable for their namesake red hat and fiery red eyes. Their caps are red because they dip them in the blood of their human victims. Redcaps wears iron boots, but are swift on their feet. They reside in castles and watchtowers along the English-Scottish border, however, they move their residence often to avoid detection. Redcaps have sharp eagle's talons with which they kill humans. Short and stock, redcaps have long white beards and look like old men. Like any goblin, all that is needed to repel them is the use of holy words

MU-
Cairngorm Giant
A presence or creature which is said to haunt the summit and passes of Ben MacDhui, the highest peak of the Cairngorms and the second highest peak in Scotland. It has been described as an extremely tall figure covered with short hair, or as an unseen presence that causes uneasy feelings in people who climb the mountain.
--------------------------------------------
EPONA
Bloodstock_goddess

GP-
Camelot
16 named Round Table knights appear.
Sir Gawain, Sir Perceval, Sir Bors, Sir Kay, Bedivere, Sir Girflet, Sir Yvain , Sir Erec, Sir Constantine, Cador, Hoel,King Pellinor, Tristan (Tristram), Morholt (Marhaus), Palemedes, Dinadan

MU-
Green_Knight forest_elemental_leafy_warrior on draught horse
Special Attack- Roots- spring up ,grab & drag enemy underground

------------------------------------------------------
Beairic- Saethwyr_archer.

Cu_Marcshula
knight flanked by 2 Irish Wolfhounds

Military unit-lochaber axemen converted from obrach at cost like Ulfsarks

Caer fort

Caravan
pack_horses
============================================================ =======
MYTHIC AGE
Unique upgrades- Fire Fused Walls
-----------------Fire Fused Buildings
---------------spiral spearheads

http://www.brigantesnation.com/VitrifiedForts/TheMysteryofVitrifiedHillforts.htm
BRIGID
goddess of fire, music & herbal healing

GP- Tiene sith, like Forest Fire on buildings
MU- Dullahan ,headless horseman , whips enemies eyes out
http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/ACalend/Dullahan.html
LUGUS
LUGUS- god of commerce, prosperity, harvest & rainbows
leader of gods against the Fomorians.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/buddhabrian/lugh.html
Lugus' sling rod was the rainbow and the Milky Way was called "Lugus' Chain". He also had a magic spear, which, unlike the rod-sling, he had no need to wield, himself; for it was alive, and thirsted so for blood that only by steeping its head in a sleeping-draught of pounded poppy leaves could it be kept at rest. When battle was near, it was drawn out; then it roared and struggled against its thongs; fire flashed from it; and, once slipped from the leash, it tore through and through the ranks of the enemy, never tired of slaying. The Spear Luin was originally forged by the god Lugh for use against Balor of the Evil Eye.
It was said to be so intensely hot that it had to be kept point-down in a large barrel of water (namely the Dagda's Cauldron Coire Ansic "Un-dry") so as not to burn down the place in which it was held.
The spear constantly dripped blood. This is known too as the crescent spear famous because it supposed to be indestructible and had the property of elemental attacks like ice or lightning
http://www.cartoon.co.th/UserFiles/Image/Servant/Lancer/gae_bulg.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~p.k.b.s/CelticSoul9Lugh.JPG
GP- Hailstorm- pumpkin sized stones
MU- Gargoyle, Winged stone demon, leaps twice as far & high as Anubite
------------------------------------------------------------ -----
MANANNAN MacLIR
Sea_&_Storm_God

GP-Tidal Wave ,in coastless maps the groundwaters (aquifers) erupt.
MU Wyvern ,2 legged fireless dragon, must swoop to kill
Caer -Battering snake-bodied ram, 4 carriers.
---------------------
Dock Fishing boats- round coracles
Transport boats- can carry Druids for healing
Arrow, hammer & siege ships
Selkie (wereseal)-Selkies are able to transform to human form by shedding their seal skins and can revert to seal form by putting their selkie skin back on. Stories concerning selkies are generally romantic tragedies. Sometimes the human will not know that their lover is a selkie, and wakes to find them gone. Other times the human will hide the selkie's skin, thus preventing them from returning to seal form.The male Selkies are responsible for storms and also for the sinking of ships, which is their way of avenging the hunting of seals.

In the Celtic tradition, each stream and spring had its own spirit, and frogs were considered the messengers of these water spirits. Because of its connection to rain and water, the frog was also associated with the cleansing and healing powers of water. Frog eggs were thought to cure rheumatism, and to cure a sore eye, a person only had to lick it after first licking a frog's eye.
Frogs and toads were considered lunar creatures, and were connected to the underworld. The symbolism of the toad was generally darker than that of the frog: it was sometimes regarded as a malignant spirit, a witch's familiar or depicted as the attribute of a skeleton.

Knucker (Sea dragon)

The Knucker species of Dragon is a medium-sized wurm which usually grows to about 30 feet long and is lithe and serpentine in appearance. They have four limbs for crawling around and they have small, unusable vestigial wings. Their scales are leathery and coloration is usually brown, but sometimes could be dull red or greenish-blue. Their preferred lairs are within a deep pond, underground cavern or old, unused wells. They hunt game such as rabbits and deer, paralyzing them with either a venomous bite or constriction by using its tail.
------------------------------------------------------------ -------
Titan
Balor

----------------------
CELTIC WEAPONS
Diodorus Siculus has given us a comprehensive description of Celtic armour and weapons: 'For arms they have man-sized shields decorated in a manner peculiar to them. Some of these have projecting figures in bronze, skilfully wrought not only for decoration but also for protection. They wear bronze helmets with large projecting figures which give the wearer the appearance of enormous size. In some cases horns are attached so as to form one piece, in others the foreparts of birds or quadrupeds worked in relief... Some of them have iron breastplates, wrought in chain, while others are satisfied with the arms Nature has given them and fight naked. Instead of the short sword they carry long swords held by a chain of iron or bronze and hanging along their right flank. Some of them have gold - or silver - plated belts round their tunics. They brandish spears which are called Lanciae and which have iron heads a cubit in length and even more, and a little less than two palms in breadth: for their swords are not shorter than the spears of others, and the heads of their spears are longer than the swords of others. Some of these are forged straight, others are twisted and have a spiral form for their whole length, so that the blow may not only cut the flesh but also tear it in pieces and so that the withdrawal of the spear may lacerate the wound.[/url]

[This message has been edited by gadunnz (edited 10-10-2007 @ 04:32 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 August 2007 01:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
Now they can spend more time with their education.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 29 August 2007 01:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
Ya, I heard they did this because of several widely-publicized deaths of gamers who played games in internet cafes, not pausing for anything.

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
posted 29 August 2007 01:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
Meh, the education system is already hard enough. Teachers and students almost always have bad relationships with each other, and school hours can be as long as 9 hours a weekday. Sometimes you have to go in on holidays as well for a few hours.

And now, you can't play online games for more than 3 hours O_o

But it doesn't matter, it's not like they're being watched. Especially if they play the games at home.

Hello, my name CHEEZ BIX:
  • Download the beta version of my map, Hero Wars: Godpowers Unleashed!
  • posted 29 August 2007 02:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
    I reckon China is doing this to get more kids out to train for the Olympics because lots of kids are training right now to get in the Olympics. It's all the childern do.

<3
    posted 29 August 2007 02:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
    Well then the children who want to do the olympics can and the other who dont have nothing to do. This disgusts me.

School is such a long gruelling unpaid torture and now they are crashing down on rewards, poor Chinese.

They should go on strike.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 29 August 2007 02:18 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
    They have enough people to over throw the govement. When I went there they were really bad drivers like they crash into people and drive off and I nearly got ran over by a bike on the footpath!

<3
    posted 29 August 2007 03:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
    How will they actually keep track of this?
    will have limits imposed on the amount of points they can score
    That will take the scoring out, but not the fun .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    posted 29 August 2007 08:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
    Well, poor China.
    posted 29 August 2007 12:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
    Since it's just a limit on scoring, it'll just stop the more extreme gamers.
    And it's only Online Games.
    So you can play single player games all you want.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
    (is not as helluva drug as pepe)
    posted 29 August 2007 12:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
    They are serious about their gaming aren't they? 3 hours is a little strict. Kids really aren't supposed to play video games all day anyways.

I never asked for this.
    posted 29 August 2007 05:11 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
    This is the biggest load of...

Really, for those people who can't see it, it's pretty obvious that the education system is taking over many developed countries. Everyone wants Olympic children and high test scores. In New York, they apparently have a school for autistic and ADD kids. The parents pay 200k a year for a backpack that gets put on the kid and has freakin' electrodes in it that run up and down their back and neck. When they don't pay attention, they get zapped. Conclusion: There have been only eight deaths, but test scores are rising, so it must be ok. Not really... The world is going to be seriously screwed one of these days.

posted 29 August 2007 08:35 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
    That's why we choose the better schools. A school that has good teachers, good text books, and isn't total torture overall...

The Chinese children don't have enough time to play computer games on weekdays anyways, unless they stay up late. They get around 2 hours worth of homework; 3 hours if they're in high school, and after thats finished it's usually dinner, and TV (it's too late for much else)

• posted 29 August 2007 10:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
    ^I wonder why I like being a lazy American. If I have more than fifteen minutes of homework, it is too much.

posted 30 August 2007 00:38 AM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
    Hm? The schedule in my Primary school was 40 minutes for people in year 6... When I got to year 6, our teacher (who was also the Head Mistress) got lazy, and she ended up giving us no homework most of the time. Sometimes we ended up with a sheet of maths or something, but other than that, I had all night to play.

• posted 30 August 2007 03:10 AM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
    i died of gaming.........

lol hopefully it wont come to australia if it does then, then, THEN i dunno ill probably get sad

i hate homework its always too much...

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
    Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
    Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
    Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
    Member Since - 04-16-2007
    Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd
    posted 30 August 2007 08:51 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
    I reckon they should ban computers altogether, it's foolproof...

Maid, I don't think that will be necessary.
    posted 30 August 2007 08:56 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
    The chinese goverment wants to control every aspect of its citizens life. Why else are they extremely isolationist from the world? microsoft, google, cisco (all the big companies) bow down to the government just to make profit, is it any wonder that the people dont try and fight (<--wrong word) back. This is but another form of control....children should be allowed to be children and enjoy their childhood

SideNote: Try watching Paul Mertons visit to china by channel 5

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
    Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
    posted 30 August 2007 09:00 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
    Perhaps they should re-open the silk road and get Marco Polo to teach them about trading?

Maid, I don't think that will be necessary.
    posted 30 August 2007 12:56 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
    I think most stuff in Britain is done to punish Chavs. But they rebel back, and how many chavs play AOM anyway?

Now off to tescos to get some frosted bling and knife a pimped ride init bruv....

lol

@Shanks13

I completely and utterly agree with you (Although you should have emphasised only), honestly how stupid can people get? Electrocuting the CNS is fatally bad for your health and theyll probably end up with a perfectly semicircular back later on. But thats ok because they can use it for equations....

There should be some sort of pupils strike. We want cash! and choccy cake!

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 08-30-2007 @ 01:00 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » China seeks to 'limit game hours'
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: