Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of the Month - October, 2007
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01 November 2007 05:58 AM EDT (US)   
Before i start, yes i have Papayas permision. If you want to complain use e-mail. This thread if for the member of the month so don’t ruin it for him/her (never did find out sorry).
Many people passed through my mind to be the member of the month. But i thaught that doing roxas and bingo my long standing minions first would lead to public complaints. So i went for someone who deserves to win it, The Vandhaal!

Reach: So Vandhaal, you seem to be a true legend of many things. You have been involved in scenario design, cinematics, Mods, films and competitions! What was the most enjoyable thing you have done as part of the community?
The Vandhaal: basicly I loved all the things I have done, if i would not enjoy myself with any single thing...i would not have started with it, as for comunity stuff well i have a mixed feeling but the last community thing: the 7 wonders from the Age of Mythology world was very enjoyable and interesting to oraganise for the greater aom community. the rts theatre of the mind contains one of the biggest rts based machinima movies, setting up the aom cinematic valhalla was also a cimmunity thing I enjoyed, its huge and contains everything about aom cienmatic design.
a link

Reach: You have been a member of AOMH as far back as I can remember. Who do you look up to in the community?
The Vandhaal : I look upto nobody...never did and probably also never will...However i have respect for some of my online pals respect is different for each person
Oscar..... a good pal...and fantastic mind
Pepsisdude.....for his real invlovement and care about the AomH community
Elflesh for his spirirt and love of AoM
Paperfriend...for his good work
Tbrarak for his awesome personality and designs
King Jared...although he hardly finished anything for his personality and design skills
JML for his amazing mind and humour i miss him very much around aom
well and this list goes on and on. sorry if i do not mention you but you know I have deep respect for you all and enjoy your company.

Reach: What is a Vandhaal?
The Vandhaal : Weel a vandhaal is in the first place a virtual identity which roams in the darker regions of cyberspace secondly it is a character from a comic book.....who destroyed worlds but the name has a typo third it is taken from the Germanic tribe the Vandals look it up in the wikipedia for full info.

Reach: What are your interests outside of AOM?
The Vandhaal : Well i have many.......As all know I will not talk about my real world interest, although info about that can be found in all the posts and stuff i made in several forums around the web but in the Vandhaal realm i like creating of artworks making movies watching internet movies music stuff i like a lot of things. oh yes stories i like stories and tales for real life stuff just find that in between the lines of all my forum posts.

Reach: What is your average day like?
The Vandhaal : well the vandhaals avarage day is like this the identity wakes up at a certain time......most of the time its frozen stiff ( not moving in the cold regions of cyberspace means instant freeze) well then I remember that I am The Vandhaal and think hmmmm what the hell am I doing here then I remember oh yes there is this dark place......with my name on it and I move towards it during the travel the ice melts away and i get all warm to see that I even have virtual friends when I arrive at my forum I check all the stuff and do the other things a cyber identiy does the vandhaal comes only alive when i have the time and the mood for it because yes too busy in the real world and too many things to do in the real world aom and this internet stuff is one of my smallest hobbies thats why i also do it most of the time very late at night lack of time but it is a fun hobby thats it.

Reach: Before we finish off is there anything you would like to blatantly plug or advertise?

The Vandhaal : well of curse i would like to advertise my website and forum and designs not for pure advertising but i hope that many people stay into the wonderous world of aom and rts scenario design the last thing i like to give attention is the latest feature of my web realm an online shop in which i finally found a way to also spread the tons of artowrks and eyecandy also in a more solid way i always found it ashame that my web artworks are just webartworks you cannot do anything but looking at them well now i am abale to turn them into something solid. ofocurse the stuff in the shop takes much more time then websimages. but its great to be abale to share the stuff on things like tshirts, stickers etc etc. the shop will get themes so i create artworks around themes these themes will be updated ones in a while. and are related to aom, the bigger rts community or general talk topics we have here in our games community so things like relgion, politics , lifestyle , global warming etc etc check my forum thread about it.
more links!

hades logo, well i think its cool!

oh and yes one other thing i like to promote Hocus Pocus 2007 since pepsi is banned from aomH he is not able to use the aomH thread so he uses now the Hocus Pocus thread in my forum the contest is still running.
take a look here.

Out Reach gets less than 20% of sales revenue

Reach: Well thank you for answering some of my questions Vandhaal. Is there anything else you would like to say to the community?
The Vandhaal : turns his head towards the crowd Guys !!!.....GIRLS !!!! keep up your fantastic work. keep showing your amazing minds and the things which come out of them to me and us all. We do not know how long the ancient gods will stay alive But i hope that many of you will stick around for a while and create tons of stuff turns his head to the newer people New Guys You are basicly the future...i hope you all will create fantastic stuff and i hope you will stick around turns his head to the supremacy players Guys...Girls..... darkdude showed me how much fun these sup games can be i hope to meet many of you in our regular eso parties Odin is ready for any war ! turns his head to the older guys Older guys & girls its great that you are still around You have been and still are great company i hope that you and I keep our love for aom for a while turns his head to the HG admins , mods and owners Guys & Girls i hope you keep the Hg stuff running and I hope you will make the system better you have started up a nice thing here don't have it be ruined by politics, bad management power thirsty undividuals and now I go to sleep again

Reach: Thanks a lot.
The Vandhaal : stay tuned: The Worst has yet to come

[JPEG, (585.67 KB)]
The Vandhaal : I love bruennhilde

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 11-01-2007 @ 11:28 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01 November 2007 06:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 34  
Gj Vandhaal. You definitely deserved it. You are the most influential person in this community imo. And I can finally say I have at leasted played a game or two with a Member of the Month before.

btw
taken from the Germanic tribe the Vandals
First thing I thought of when I saw your name.
posted 01 November 2007 07:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 34  
Nice interview with a great person

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 01 November 2007 08:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 34  
This is the MotM for October, not November.

Great choice, and interesting interview!

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 01 November 2007 09:19 AM EDT (US)     4 / 34  
it is? doh!

I would say GJ, other than the fact i did it

Out Reach
posted 01 November 2007 09:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 34  
well then i'll say

GJ reach. Interesting, witty and a good read.

I wish I had the vandhaal talent

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 01 November 2007 01:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 34  
You deserve it V Good job!

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 01 November 2007 01:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 34  
Congratulations. You really deserved this, V.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 01 November 2007 03:10 PM EDT (US)     8 / 34  
Nice V. I love what you do for the AoM comunity.

I never asked for this.
posted 01 November 2007 03:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 34  
Gj Vandhaal. You definitely deserved it. You are the most influential person in this community imo. And I can finally say I have at leasted played a game or two with a Member of the Month before.
So you forget about me already?

posted 01 November 2007 04:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 34  
Serious cognrats vandal, i have no idea why you weren't the first person to get one after nottud

And reach you're seriously considering doing me (NOTINTHATWAYNOTINTHATWAY) wow.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 01 November 2007 04:35 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34  
maybe in december bingo 2009.

Out Reach
posted 01 November 2007 04:55 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34  
I normally would really agree with this - has done some amazing stuff.

However the last couple of days, I have seen another side in the Vandhaal, one I have not seen for a long time.

Indeed the last time I saw this dark side and think it is the only other time was on stuff to do with his main menu background where he critised the people on AOMH and acted in a way I would never have dreamed about!

Anyway - well done the The Vandhaal! I just hope things completely work out and you return to your normal and amazing self.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 11-01-2007 @ 04:57 PM).]

posted 01 November 2007 05:19 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34  
go vandhall woo
posted 01 November 2007 08:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34  
Congratz Vandhaal, you really are a mysterious person!

<3
posted 01 November 2007 08:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 34  
So you forget about me already?
Woops, you were the first MotM, weren't you? That was a long time ago and my memory isn't the best

Sorry V, you are the second MotM that I actually kinda know.
posted 01 November 2007 08:56 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34  
w00t! ovbious choice for the award...Vandhaal is basically a legend. An awesome legend with uber scen design skillz.

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 01 November 2007 09:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 34  
You'll be a MotM yourself soon I think AGAW.

posted 01 November 2007 09:24 PM EDT (US)     18 / 34  
Congrats, Vandhaal!

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
posted 02 November 2007 08:42 AM EDT (US)     19 / 34  
Vandhaal

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • posted 02 November 2007 05:04 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34  
    The first was Beany I think.... then nottud... then reach?

I never asked for this.
    posted 02 November 2007 05:24 PM EDT (US)     21 / 34  
    Trouble is he never comes to HoV! (Oh the irony if he posts after me, a true testimony to my luck).

Anyway congratulations.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 05 November 2007 11:56 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34  
    Thanx guys i feel very honoured to be employee of the month

...eh I mean ofcourse member of the Month

sorry for my late reply....i have been away and I am also very busy

but its nice to see all the warm replies, posts and remarks

thank you all for that

Oh and you know what really would make me happy ?

JML...i miss the guy so much and I really would be happy if he would post a reaction in this thread !

He was one of the first MoM....so i hope I can be agood follow up compared to him

again thanx guys & girls

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    [This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 11-05-2007 @ 11:57 PM).]

posted 06 November 2007 11:48 AM EDT (US)     23 / 34  
    Congrats again ^_^

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 06 November 2007 12:18 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34  
    Congrats Vandhaal
    Congratz Vandhaal, you really are a mysterious person!
    I wouldn't say so, but I guess that is your opinion

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake, but embrace it as your own...
    posted 24 November 2007 08:43 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34  
    I'm here, since you are. I would have never thought finding a friend through the Internet, as I wasn't looking for any. See! Life could be amazing sometimes... as long as you never forget to fulfill your first and only human duty towards her, and towards anything actually:
    Tickling.
    I don't miss you. Why would I? You're around.
    Get back to work.
    You've done a wonderful job for AoM, and probably for a couple of things aside.
    You're important to that game, and therefore, a most distinguished FoM.
    Oh, last! I'm also really proud of this community for, finally, being able to access modern age by... electing a woman as a designer. It's just about time we realize girls are almost equal to men. Or is it the other way around. I'll ask my wife. She knows.
    Now, back to the editor, all of you.
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of the Month - October, 2007
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames