You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of the Month: December 2007
posted 01 January 2008 02:13 PM EDT (US)   
Congratulations to... DragonQ! Member of the Month for the last month in the year 2007. It's been a great year, and let's make next year even better. Now, let's hear from DragonQ!!!

AoMH: Could you tell us a little about yourself? For example, your name, age, location, occupation, memorable experiences, etc...

DragonQ: 19; London, England; Student
Memorable experiences, hmm...I had a piloting lesson for my birthday a couple of years ago. Very fun, and scary! There was also some wind machine thing that simulated jumping out of an aeroplane , that was funky. Parascending in Lanzarote was also amazing. I like to try everything once you see .

AoMH: What is a typical day like for you?

DragonQ: Ah, well that depends on what my Uni timetable is like. It goes like this:

- Alarm goes off. Snooze. Repeat 5 times.
- Realise I have to leave in 15 minutes, get dressed, grab some toast and leave.
- Either make notes or sleep at Uni, depending on the subject.
- Grab lunch with friends on my course (unless my day started at 13:00 of course)
- Walk home enjoying the wonders of my Creative Zen Touch
- Check out AOMH and AOTP as well as some other forums then play some AOM.
- Realise it's 19:00 and I'm hungry, make dinner
- Either go out, chill out with housemates, or just play some more AOM! Playing a match or two of Worms Armageddon before going to bed has also become a ritual.

Over holidays I'm all over the place - could be with my dad in Newcastle, with my mum in London or at my Uni house. I don't tend to get a lot done during holidays, just lazing about and, when at home, seeing friends from School.

AoMH: If you could describe yourself in one word, which would it be and why?

DragonQ: Uber. Not because I want to show off, I just love that word.

AoMH: What first got you interested in RTSs?

DragonQ: Err...well I got AOE from my Auntie when I was like 11 or something. I bought ROR instead of AOE2 because it was much cheaper with some birthday money a year or so later. I (ahem) "acquired" AOE2 later on but didn't like it anyway so never used it. I bought AOM when I found out about it, maybe a few months after it came out. Then I discovered AOMH and that The Titans was coming out, so I bought that on release week. I don't think I've ever played another RTS. AOE3 didn't take my fancy either - I'd love a remake of AOE1 with all of the features and graphics of AOM:TT because I love that era in history.

AoMH: How did you come about AoMH?

DragonQ: I seriously cannot remember. Probably when looking for cheats for AOM on Google lol.

AoMH: Have you done anything with the AoMH editor?

DragonQ: Yes, but nothing I could be proud of. I mainly use it to test units against each other with various upgrades. My most memorable project was trying to recreate the cool first scenario of the AOE Minoan Campaign (I think) where you just start off with a Priest. I used a trigger group and the Bolt god power to "covert" enemy units. I later updated it to use the Traitor God Power, but it still didn't work very well. Oh well.

AoMH: How much time do you spend doing things related to AoMH/AoM: TT?

DragonQ:
Well a lot recently because of AOTP but apart from that, maybe 2 hours a day on average playing and another hour on AOMH.

AoMH:
Are there any other games you enjoy?

DragonQ: Resident Evil 4 - had the GameCube version, then bought the Wii version when it came out. If you haven't played it, you've missed out badly. Zelda games are great, as are Mario Kart: Double Dash and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Can't wait for their Wii supercedes. As previously mentioned, Worms Armageddon is always a laugh especially as my friend and I have made a few custom voicebanks based on, for example, Austin Powers, Microsoft Sam (found in Control Panel -> Speech), The Ricky Gervais Show and Kenan and Kel.

AoMH: Is there anything else you'd like people to know?

DragonQ: 1) Add me on WLM you silly forummers (quircus0105[at]hotmailcom)!
2) Buy both of Alter Bridge's albums, if you haven't heard them you might as well shoot yourself as life is pointless.
2) I would make a great moderator...
3) Apart from that, I'd like to remain slightly mysterious

Congratulations DragonQ!

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 03-01-2011 @ 08:17 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01 January 2008 02:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
Great presentation Shanks! However try shrinking that image and putting it on the left.

Hmm my turn next *Starts thinking*.

Congratulations DragonQ. Worms Armageddon is a great game, I want to play you some time .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 01 January 2008 03:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
I've enver palyed anything above worms 2, but i play frequent bouts of Wormux, a free version of worms with teams of lots of different animals, against myself.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 01 January 2008 03:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
Congrats dragon!

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 01 January 2008 03:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
Well Deserved, and free AoTP publicity.

Congrats.

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
posted 01 January 2008 04:41 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
Mwahaha, thank you all!

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 01 January 2008 04:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
That was interesting. Congratulations

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 01 January 2008 06:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
Congratulations, DragonQ.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 01 January 2008 06:21 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
Congrats DragonQ!!!

<3
posted 01 January 2008 07:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
congrats. I always enjoy reading your posts in GD esp vs DAP

that has to be the coolest surname ever

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

[This message has been edited by Roxas (edited 01-01-2008 @ 07:52 PM).]

posted 01 January 2008 08:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
Acutally, it must be the most mispelled surname ever, excluding "foreign" sounding surnames that are usually mispelled because of the differences in pronounciation of letters etc. When I tell someone the name, even if I write it down, they spell it wrong more than I'd say 75% of the time. Examples include Godber, Goodbeer, Godbar (wtf?), Goodber etc.

I mean, it is SUCH a simple name - it's spelt exactly how it's pronounced so why so many people get it wrong is beyond me.

posted 01 January 2008 08:57 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
How did you do this interview? Did you mail a bunch of questions? The questions don't seem to follow up, it doesn't feel much like an interview
Of course there are multipule subjects to discuss, but gather then asking the basic questions, I always found it far more interesting to try a dig a little deeper.

Tip: Write down a bunch of subjects (of course, do your research!) rather then questions and asked questions directly over MSN or some similair program, this makes the interview more dynamic

But I do have a more personal question:
DragonQ: Resident Evil 4 - had the GameCube version, then bought the Wii version when it came out.
I heard there was some new content with the Wii edition from the PS2 version Is that worth getting the game for?
Memorable experiences, hmm...I had a piloting lesson for my birthday a couple of years ago. Very fun, and scary! There was also some wind machine thing that simulated jumping out of an aeroplane , that was funky. Parascending in Lanzarote was also amazing. I like to try everything once you see .
You have quite a nice lifestyle, I must say What did you pilot exactly? And was it someone who simply payed for the lesson, or do you actually know a pilot instructor?

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 01 January 2008 09:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
I heard there was some new content with the Wii edition from the PS2 version is that worth getting the game for?
The history of the game is as follows:

1) GameCube Version
2) PS2 Port is made (despite Capcom originally stating RE4 was a GC exclusive <_<) with bonus features such as an extra mini adventure, an extra weapon and another set of costumes. However, due to the technical limitations of the PS2, the graphics were downgraded and all in-game cutscenes were FMVs instead of real-time rendering.
3) PC version is made. Apparently a poor port, not worth getting.
4) Wii version is made (as a budget release since the game was 2 years old at this point) that combined the best of the GC and PS2 versions: GameCube graphics engine, real-time rendering of cut-scenes (except for in the new adventure for some reason) and all of the PS2 extras. Another bonus, helping cement this as the "definitive version" is the Wii control scheme which fits in great with the game.
You have quite a nice lifestyle, I must say what did you pilot exactly? And was it someone who simply payed for the lesson, or do you actually know a pilot instructor?
Not sure what the plane was, but it was only a small two-seater. My parents paid for the lesson and watched me land and take off, the instructor was cool.

I'd gladly answer some questions in a real interview style if you'd like, this was just responses to the set of questions all in one go.

posted 01 January 2008 09:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
Being in a litte plane is always fun, been in them a few times before aswell as a Helicopter.

<3
posted 02 January 2008 01:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
I don't know you, but congrats anyway!
posted 02 January 2008 01:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
lol where do all you people hide? Can't believe so many people post on AOMH forums but just not in General Discussion.

posted 02 January 2008 01:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Congrats

Does he get his Custom title like the Vandhaal(sp?)?
posted 02 January 2008 02:07 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
they all hide in Hov and SD. I like to read GD though

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 02 January 2008 03:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
First of all, nice job on your achievement! Couldn't have gone to a more deserving candidate.
Same habit a me but I post once in blue too. Could still bet that he has no idea who I am though ~ Khan

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 02 January 2008 03:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
khan is the girl steak is the boy

posted 02 January 2008 04:09 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
I was also wondering about a custom title for a month...

By the way I know who you are Steak And Khan, don't worry, even if we've never really spoken.

posted 03 January 2008 12:22 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
I was also wondering about a custom title for a month...
That, or elf?

I R O N C L A W 7 7
gonna be gold.

[This message has been edited by Ironclaw77 (edited 01-03-2008 @ 12:22 PM).]

posted 03 January 2008 12:53 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  

posted 03 January 2008 01:43 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
Zen is working on it. Give him a bit.

posted 03 January 2008 02:17 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
The elf or the forummer of the month?

I R O N C L A W 7 7
gonna be gold.

[This message has been edited by Ironclaw77 (edited 01-03-2008 @ 02:18 PM).]

posted 03 January 2008 02:22 PM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
Guess

posted 03 January 2008 08:03 PM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
BOTH! Congratulations man the first GDer.

I never asked for this.

[This message has been edited by Nitro Tractor (edited 01-03-2008 @ 08:03 PM).]

posted 05 January 2008 09:11 AM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
Oh yeah! < /Duffman>

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 01-05-2008 @ 09:19 AM).]

posted 25 January 2008 02:06 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
Congrats
Yep...most people here i know from SD...thats where i hide at least

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of the Month: December 2007
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: