Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: March 2008
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 31 March 2008 02:56 PM EDT (US)   
This month I have chosen a mature member who is so good at HTML that some say he invented it. He is a regular at the Continuous Screenshot Competition and has won it quite a few times.

Give three and a half cheers for: Elrich!

Yeebaagooon: Hello Elrich and welcome to this interview. Most people probably know you for your dedication to the Continuous Screenshot Competition. What do you think your greatest achievement there was?

Elrich: Hello and thanks.
Since I like to challenge myself and to try to pull off the most unconventional ideas, I have to say my Happiness theme shot, Priceless, was my greatest achievement. To make a screenshot that is actually looking straight down at the map appear to have full depth was quite a challenge and I think I can say by the resulting votes that I accomplished this.

Yeebaagooon: A few months ago you started a minimalist movement with your whitehouse screenshot. Could you tell us more about it and why you did it?

Elrich: Since the dawn of art, man has tried to use art as a physical representation of the metaphysical, the existence that lies beyond the senses.......aw hell, that is a bunch of crap, really.....The truth is I was having a really busy week and time was running out for my entry in CSC and after chatting with Baske one day, I said "I hardly have enough time to make a field of grass A and put a log in it" and then I got an idea, a wonderful awful idea. The rest is history...
White House Front Lawn in the spring by Elrich
Yeebaagooon: Do you use AOM for anything apart from screenshot design? Are you making a scenario?

Elrich: I started off playing Age of Empires, then Mythology as a war game playing against friends, but when I looked into the scenario editor, I was hooked. I guess I'm still that kid from the 80's inside who loved to make his own games. I only jumped into screenshot design because that is all I can afford time to make. Professionally, I am a software developer and even though you didn't mention it, I help in the Trigger Request thread making custom triggers for people when I have the time.
As for a scenario, I am working on a comedy skit.

Yeebaagooon: Can you tell us anything about your comedy skit?

Elrich: I almost have the script finished. It is written specifically for scenario designers as I make fun of triggers, bugs, bad scenario designs, lack of eyecandy and most of all myself. It will be a showcase for my story writing, cinematography, eyecandy and trigger skills and I'm aiming for it to be a classic amongst other comedies like Mythic Cops, but I hate to even mention it as it is so early in its development. I am hoping that with the coming summer and the slower pace it brings that I will have time to finish it.

Yeebaagooon: Yes, comedy scenarios are great fun. I really loved making Pwn The N00b with Mephiles, and I am sure you will enjoy your scenario just as much . Could you give us some background information about yourself?
Elrich's Family
Elrich: Well, first off, I'm an old guy (check the AOM census). I grew up in the dawn of computer games, the 70's. I remember pitching in with my friends on our block to buy an Atari 2600 game system. I used to make my own games written in assembly language on my 48k (yes kilobytes) Atari 800 home computer. During college I met my wife, who is from Poland, and together we have two daughters who I drive to and from school and all their activities pretty much every day of the week. Despite being extremely busy, I still am able to get in some AOM time and time for my other favorite hobby, playing guitar.

Yeebaagooon: Wow! I didn't know you were that old! Could you tell us more about your guitar?

Elrich: When I was young, the mainstream radio music was from rock bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss, Rush, etc. I was dazzled by the guitar solos, so I started playing guitar. I started a band with a few friends and moved onto playing bass guitar. We played at a few parties, but our favorite thing to do was to play Rush songs for ourselves. It was all about the challenge and making that sound come together. With new family life, my guitars were gathering dust in the closet until a friend from work took me to a Dave Matthews concert in Sep 2003 just after Johnny Cash died. Dave played the most incredible version of Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash song) that just hit me like when I was a kid and I went out and bought a beautiful Ovation Legend acoustic guitar. I only get to play about once a week, but I hope to compose, perform, and mix my own songs into a scenario one day.

Yeebaagooon: Do you have any plans for the future, both in AOM and real life?

Elrich: Right now I am part owner of a company that I have been building over the last few years. I hope to sell it for big bucks in the future and travel the world on the money with my family. As for unreal AOM life, I have several projects I work on from time to time, including a trigger manager program where you can make your own custom selections of triggers so you don't have to skip through all the ones you never use. Soon you will see my compilation of the first SST story, Neerah's journal, as an acrobat reader file and I will put together an amazing new screen for the SST main thread. I will probably work with the Trigger Request thread people on a comprehensive trigger creating tutorial and I almost don't want to mention it, but I have brewing in my mind, writing a Titans version of AOMED in Visual Basic for PC users. Oh, and finally I'm thinking about getting me a smurf. I just have to think of a secret name that no one would associate with me.....

Yeebaagooon: Thanks for your time Elrich. I'm off to the pub.

Elrich: If you're headed off to the pub, you better take and old guy like me along so I can buy your beer for you

Unfortunately, Elrich forgot to send me some picture, or he couldn't find any. Sorry!

He also owes me quite a lot of money for that cup of tea I had in the pub...

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 04-10-2008 @ 03:22 PM).]

Replies:
posted 31 March 2008 02:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 78  
Shanks, work your magic with the titles please !

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 31 March 2008 03:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 78  
Congrats Elrich!
I'm first
(Also you Yeebaa (I hope I'm finally trusted enought to say that))

MY LORD YEEBAAGOOON, WHY DID YOU DO ME THIS HARM, YOU TOOK ME OUT OF YOUR SIG .

TBK_-_iDrug
"Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
"And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
"I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
"Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
"Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici

[This message has been edited by TBK145 (edited 03-31-2008 @ 03:03 PM).]

posted 31 March 2008 03:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 78  
Congratulations
I almost don't want to mention it, but I have brewing in my mind, writing a Titans version of AOMED in Visual Basic for PC users.
That would be... just... just... awesome!

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 31 March 2008 03:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 78  
I don't know what it means.

Also Yeebaagooon, why do you drink tea in the pub (apart from being English :P)?

TBK_-_iDrug
posted 31 March 2008 03:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 78  
I'm only 15 . And I like tea .

posted 31 March 2008 03:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 78  
Since the dawn of art, man has tried to use art as a physical representation of the metaphysical, the existence that lies beyond the senses....
Hahaha Sometimes Elrich... You're such a load of shit Congrats!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 31 March 2008 03:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 78  
*Improvises picture*

posted 31 March 2008 03:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 78  
Oh, perhaps someone could link me to the whitehouse picture?
posted 31 March 2008 03:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 78  
It's in the thread.

posted 31 March 2008 04:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 78  
I'm only 15 :P and I like tea
But don't you drink tea in the afternoon?
Also, in the pub you can also drink cola or something like that.

I myself am more an ice-TEA drinker :P.

Darned iPod, it took me 5 minutes to write this...

TBK_-_iDrug
posted 31 March 2008 05:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 78  
Uh, what title problem?

Congrats Elrich

posted 31 March 2008 05:57 PM EDT (US)     12 / 78  
Wow! I didn't know you were that old!
What a nice thing to say

Congrats Elrich. You should have gotten this sooner.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 31 March 2008 06:13 PM EDT (US)     13 / 78  
Congratz Elrich

Enjoy your award that only 9 more people will get this year!
posted 31 March 2008 07:17 PM EDT (US)     14 / 78  
Congrats
posted 31 March 2008 07:32 PM EDT (US)     15 / 78  
*an* there you go, fixed. the magnicicent NOT yeeb made a grammar mistake holy cows got to the bunkers, launch all nukes, prepare for armageddon. congrats

¤ | | đ | § "Xefus § | đ | | ¤
posted 31 March 2008 11:16 PM EDT (US)     16 / 78  
Thank you all for your kind words (except perhaps Yeeb for the 'old!' thing, but I cannot say it isn't deserved )

Yeeb, could you please unimprovise the white house picture and replace it with this one of me and my girls:
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/elechliter/MyFamily.jpg[/IMG]
Sorry I didn't get my sh#*$ together and send it sooner.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 01 April 2008 00:01 AM EDT (US)     17 / 78  
Who?
posted 01 April 2008 00:32 AM EDT (US)     18 / 78  
KEWL!!11one!1! U R 2 kewl, d00d!!1! Congrats, Elrich!

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 01 April 2008 00:35 AM EDT (US)     19 / 78  
Con-gratulations Elrich
*makes note to speak to Yeebaagooon shortly*
posted 01 April 2008 00:55 AM EDT (US)     20 / 78  
Congrats and now you get my title sadly, just don't forget to get a screenshot like when Baske forgot.

<3
posted 01 April 2008 03:21 AM EDT (US)     21 / 78  
Uh, what title problem?
Custom title .

posted 01 April 2008 03:58 AM EDT (US)     22 / 78  
You do know shanks can't change custom titles right?
posted 01 April 2008 06:53 AM EDT (US)     23 / 78  
Or can he?...
posted 01 April 2008 07:51 AM EDT (US)     24 / 78  
You do know shanks can't change custom titles right?
He refers it to those who can.

posted 01 April 2008 10:10 AM EDT (US)     25 / 78  
ZOMFG!!! YOU GOT CATS!!!

TBK_-_iDrug
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: March 2008
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames