You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Battle of AoMH Mafia - Game Thread (Game Over)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27  Next Page »
posted 07 May 2008 11:01 PM EDT (US)   
MagmaLord presents

The Battle of AoMH

On a seemingly peaceful day in AoMH, the forummers conversed happily, sharing gossip, strategy and editor tricks in the forum that is AoMH. The Almighty Sovereign, Shanks13, watched with a smile from his throne, high above all in the administration control panel. Suddenly, he noticed a riot starting in General Discussions. Examining it closely, he found out that some rebellious forummers have started an elitist authoritarian takeover. These radicals, believing in the supremacy of the high rated players, seeked to enslave and suppress all whom they considered inferior. One of these radicals attempted to destroy the foundations of AoMH, but luckily the damage was contained. This attempt rendered AoMH unable to ban any more than 1 forummer per day. Wanting to take advantage of the situation, the Elitists created smurfs to hide their true identity. Shanks13 rallied up all the loyal forummers to combat the crisis with smurfs of their own, and the Battle of AoMH began.

IT IS NOW GAME OVER

Win: 5

1. xefus (javo10portero@hotmail.com), smurf of Howmuchweed2, the n00b Targetor
  2. Baske (hg_baske@live.nl), smurf of i_r_n00b, the Leader of the Elitists
  3. Nitro Tractor (mhebe123@yahoo.com), smurf of melba_snacks, the Elitist Member
  4. RCM7525 (tortugo_de_fuego@yahoo.com), smurf of HellsRavage, the Elitist Member
  5. The Wanderer (theexeter@gmail.com), smurf of LightmareNikita, the Elitist member

Lost: 14

1. Jackpb (j.pb@hotmail.co.uk), smurf of pik001, the n00b Bragger
  2. DragonQ (Quircus0105@hotmail.com), smurf of DragonQ, the Loyalist Protector
  3. TartarianCerberus (tartariancerberus@gmail.com), smurf of Potato_Monkey, the n00b Provoker
  4. Cheesewiz (cheesewiz@heavengames.com), smurf of Tyre, the Loyalist Spammer
  5. Yeebaagooon (yeebaagooon@hotmail.co.uk), smurf of I Love Bananas, the Loyalist Cop, seraph of AoMH
  6. Jakwarrior (jakwarrior07@hotmail.com), smurf of Yeebaagooon, the Loyalist Worshiper
  7. Thebean (Beany_474@hotmail.com), smurf of Shanks13, the Loyalist Governor, seraph of AoMH
  8. Shanks13 (mastamind_130@yahoo.com), smurf of Pepsidude123, Loyalist Mason
  9. Alex (alex@walzstreetjournal.com), smurf of Beany, Loyalist Vanilla Town
  10. Santos I (santostheengineer@gmail.com), smurf of a_game_a_win, the Loyalist Vanilla Town
  11. Friesian (gerrit-geertsma@hetnet.nl), smurf of The Vandhaal, Loyalist Mason
  12. Aidsterramma (aidsterramma@gmail.com), smurf of darkdude, Loyalist Vanilla Town
  13. YEEBAAGOOON, REPLACING ninjapenguin, smur of DeathAndPain, Loyalist Vigilante
  14. TBK145 (TBK145@gmail.com), smurf of nottud, Loyalist Town Idol

GAME-SPECIFIC MECHANICS

• This is almost like a normal mafia game, only with some fun tweaks in role names and abilities.
  • There are the following factions: Elitists (Mafia), AoMH (Town), and n00bs (Third Party).
  • The Mafia and Town have normal win conditions - to eliminate opposition.
  • There may be one or more groups of mafia.
  • The n00bs have separate win conditions.
  • Special effects on the game may be revealed as they are triggered.

POST RESTRICTIONS

• There are many post restrictions given to certain roles. You must follow the instructions in your role email. If you have any questions feel free to ask me PRIVATELY.
  • If you fail to comply with your post restrictions you will be penalized, such as being modkilled from the game.

NIGHT KILLS

• For NIGHT KILLS, the player making the kill action must submit the following:
    1. Name of target
    2. Name of AoM God you will be using (one of: Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Ra, Isis, Set, Loki, Thor, Odin, Oranos, Kronos, Gaia)
    3. A basic strategy, one of: Rush > Boom > Turtle > Rush. The signs should tell you which one is effective against which. It's a rock-paper-scissors element.

• The success of the NIGHT KILL will depend on your matchup against the target. Factors include your combination of god choice and strategy vs your opponent's choices, as well as the innate skill of the players involved (ESO rate of the role).
  • The formula for night kills is as follows:

[2 * (your ESO rate) - 3000] * (your matchup advantage out of 5) + (your ESO rate) = YOUR BATTLE SCORE

• Example:

Player1 (Attacker)
    [2 * 1800 - 3000] * 2/5 + 1800 = 2040

Player2
    [2 * 1750 - 3000] * 3/5 + 1750 = 2050

2040 < 2050, therefore Player1 failed to Night Kill player 2.

• There are some outside factors which may affect your battle score, aside from the above factors.

RULES:
  1. Your objective is to win the game by fulfilling your win condition by any means possible except for the ones declared invalid by the rules.
  2. You may talk however you like in the game thread during DAY. I, the moderator, will not interfere with lying or anything of the sort. You can have nonsense coming out of your mouths for all I care.
  3. You may ONLY communicate via email with those who are explicitly mentioned to you in your role email. Any other form of communication with anyone else is forbidden. If someone is attempting to communicate with you when they are not supposed to, please let me know.
  4. You may not edit your posts. Doing so will cause you to be immediately modkilled. Double post instead.
  5. Day will last until a LYNCH occurs, or when activity is too low, in which case I shall issue a deadline.
  6. You MUST vote and unvote in the following format
    [b]VOTE: darkdude[/b]

[b]UNVOTE: darkdude[/b]
    Votes or unvotes in any other form WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
  7. Once a lynch candidate attains the requirements for a LYNCH (e.g. majority of votes), he/she will be DEFINITELY LYNCHED. Unvotes will NOT BE COUNTED once a lynch is reached, even if a death scene has not been posted yet.
  8. A suicide or a modkill will count as lynch for the day.
  9. Dead players may not talk or reveal game related information to other players in any way. You may not talk to dead players.
  10. All the above rules are subject to change as I see fit.
  11. This is a game! The accusations may get intense, but HAVE FUN!

[This message has been edited by MagmaLord (edited 06-04-2008 @ 06:01 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07 May 2008 11:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 678  
1ST!!! CONFIRMATIVE!!!!! ROGER-ROGER!!!!!

¤ | | đ | § "Xefus § | đ | | ¤
posted 07 May 2008 11:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 678  
Confirmed
Second is always better than first. I get more pie.
posted 07 May 2008 11:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 678  
I cordially accept my role.

posted 07 May 2008 11:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 678  
Confirmed

posted 08 May 2008 00:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 678  
Confirmz0rz

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 08 May 2008 01:01 AM EDT (US)     6 / 678  
Confirmededed.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 08 May 2008 01:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 678  
Confirmed
posted 08 May 2008 02:12 AM EDT (US)     8 / 678  
Confirmed
posted 08 May 2008 03:00 AM EDT (US)     9 / 678  
Confirmed

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
To never have a brief sojourn.
Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
Allieviate, my malady.
Engulf me now, to you I bow.
Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.
posted 08 May 2008 03:19 AM EDT (US)     10 / 678  
Confirmed

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 08 May 2008 04:12 AM EDT (US)     11 / 678  
Mein role is ein confirmed one!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 08 May 2008 05:18 AM EDT (US)     12 / 678  
Confirmed.
posted 08 May 2008 06:22 AM EDT (US)     13 / 678  
Confirmed
posted 08 May 2008 06:53 AM EDT (US)     14 / 678  
I dont want to confirm yet. I'll confirm later, after school's over.

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 08 May 2008 10:32 AM EDT (US)     15 / 678  
just in case ROGER-ROGER

¤ | | đ | § "Xefus § | đ | | ¤
posted 08 May 2008 11:49 AM EDT (US)     16 / 678  
Confirmed

Is Baske i r n00b by any chance? 11

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 08 May 2008 02:58 PM EDT (US)     17 / 678  
im too busy to confirm right now...ill come back and confirm in about an hour or so

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 08 May 2008 04:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 678  
Confirmed

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 08 May 2008 04:51 PM EDT (US)     19 / 678  
So people, I'm guessing about 2/8 of us are n00bs...

posted 08 May 2008 04:52 PM EDT (US)     20 / 678  
I wonder who's mafia...skrylas (the role not the player) is probably a godfather...

posted 08 May 2008 05:05 PM EDT (US)     21 / 678  
Indeed, I wonder what the story is (e.g. what is the main mafia group - A bunch of noobs? GDers? Evil scenario designers? Moderators?) and also how Magma is going to distinguish between people's real names and their game roles during the story telling...I can imagine the confusion for people who aren't paying attention!

Also, I wonder who got DragonQ, if anyone, haha.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 08 May 2008 05:07 PM EDT (US)     22 / 678  
I wonder who's mafia...skrylas (the role not the player) is probably a godfather...
My bets are on Keron Cyst and Papaya, and SK is Ironclaw77

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 08 May 2008 05:22 PM EDT (US)     23 / 678  
I highly doubt the skrylas role is mafia. The description describes the mafia as elitist and high-rated eso players, neither of which fit skrylas (or papaya for that matter). Skry is more of the cute and cuddly type.

Possibly Cyst, Baske, or Eazy. Don't know if any of them are good supremacy players.

posted 08 May 2008 05:30 PM EDT (US)     24 / 678  
All the game mechanics is now up in the main post. You can even see the factions there.

And about people mixing up names:

Yes, there are a few names here that belong both to roles and players. To avoid confusion I attempted to use older names e.g. Keron Cyst Two_ace_u . Still, there are some roles that share the exact names. In this case the players will be distinguished by "XXXX, played by YYYY", where YYYY is the player.

[This message has been edited by MagmaLord (edited 05-08-2008 @ 05:42 PM).]

posted 08 May 2008 06:36 PM EDT (US)     25 / 678  
Alex, you seem pretty suspicious, defending the skrylas role. I wouldn't be surprised if you got skrylas and you're mafia. Therefore,

Confirm
Vote: Alex

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Battle of AoMH Mafia - Game Thread (Game Over)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames