loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Newbie Mafia Game 01 - Game Thread - Day 4
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
posted 05 July 2008 05:22 PM EDT (US)   
MagmaLord presents

Newbie Mafia 01

Welcome to Newbie Mafia!

The purpose of this game is to teach newbies the correct way to play a game of mafia. The Inexperience-Challenged players will demonstrate the basic strategies and tactics used when playing mafia. Regular game jargon will be used, so you can take this chance learn some mafia vocabulary. However, the best way to learn is to actively participate in the game yourself! Do things on your own and experiment to see what works. The ICs will be happy to give you feedback.

IT IS NOW DAY 4.

PLAYERS
Alive: 4

• Baske Brojc - Mafia Goon - Survived

Dead: 5

• Yeebaagooon - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1
  • Aidsterramma - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1
  • Jackpb - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 2
  • Koramei Aidsterramma - Cop - Killed Night 2
  • Danielle Hygraffo - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 3
  • Cheesewiz - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 3
  • ninjapenguin Survivor Fo - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 4
  • Shanks13 - Vanilla Townie - Auto Endgame Killed Day 4

[This message has been edited by MagmaLord (edited 08-08-2008 @ 09:36 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05 July 2008 05:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 312  
MAFIA
Yes, this is a newbie game, but it is expected that you know the basic principles of Mafia. This game is not for someone to come in here without any knowledge of the game. Rather, it is to give new players a first hand demonstration about how real games work, using real strategies and analyzing real behaviour. It is a way to get practical experience on game theory, not a place to merely ask about everything mafia.

The basic mechanics of mafia are simple and can be read in the MafiaScum Wiki article here:
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

GENERAL RULES

1. The Mod is God. I am the moderator for this game, therefore I am the Almighty. Heretics shall be punished by divine wrath. (Basically, what I say goes. The moderator's decision is final.)
  2. Your objective is to win the game by fulfilling your win condition by any means possible except for the ones declared invalid by the rules.
  3. You may talk however you like in the Game Thread during DAY. I, the moderator, will not interfere with lying or anything of the sort. You can have nonsense coming out of your mouths for all I care.
  4. You may NOT communicate game related information during in any way outside of the Game Thread unless your role specifically permits you to. This includes but is not limited to this forum's Private Messaging System, email, face-to-face communication, telephone, and instant messaging. Please inform me if a player is trying to talk to you when they are not supposed to. You may only use the Private Message system to talk to the game moderator (me).
  5. You MAY ONLY communicate with a player outside of the thread if it is explicitly stated in your role or otherwise by the moderator. When the moderator asks you to cease outside communication, you must do so immediately.
  6. Day will last until a LYNCH occurs, or when activity is too low, in which case I shall issue a deadline. The consequences of a deadline shall be explained in further detail when the time is appropriate.
  7. You MUST vote and unvote in the following format
    [b]VOTE: darkdude[/b]

[b]UNVOTE: (name optional; it would make my job easier)[/b]
    Votes or unvotes in any other form WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
  8. Once a lynch candidate reaches the amount of votes required for a MAJORITY, he/she will be DEFINITELY LYNCHED. Unvotes will NOT BE COUNTED once majority is reached.
  9. Dead players may not talk or reveal game related information to other players in any way. You may not talk to dead players.
  10. You may not directly quote any private message you receive from the game moderator. Doing so will result in a modkill. Paraphrase instead. You cannot use role message details to attempt to confirm a player's alignment.
  11. You may not edit your posts. Doing so will result in a modkill. Double post instead.
  12. If you have any questions, or if you are not sure if making a certain move is against the rules, ALWAYS ask me privately first.
  13. All the above rules are subject to change as I see fit.
  14. This is a game! The accusations may get intense, but HAVE FUN!

[This message has been edited by MagmaLord (edited 07-05-2008 @ 10:02 PM).]

posted 05 July 2008 05:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 312  
SETUP

Setup information is important to any player in any mafia game. If you are a newbie and don't know the significance of this, feel free to ask.

Setups have almost infinite numbers of possible variations. Some are used often, while others are unique and are made up specifically by the game moderator. If the setup is revealed, (e.g. there are 5 mafia players, 20 town players), then it is called "open", because the information of what roles are in play and how many is open for all to see. "Closed" setups are the opposite: Information about roles is not revealed and players must guess by making assumptions based on the observed conditions of the game. The nature of a setup can drastically effect the direction of a game.

This game will be Semi-Open. That means that you get some information about the setup, but you will not start off with full knowledge of what is in play. The setup being used is the F11 variation series. ONE of the four following setups was randomly selected for this game:

• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

Of course, roles are also assigned at random. The possible roles will have their role messages as follows:
You are a Mafia Goon. You and your partner, XXXX who is [also a Mafia Goon/a Mafia Role Blocker], make up the Mafia faction. Each night you must collaborate and decide on one player to kill. One of you must then send to me via email the target of your attack. No Kill is a valid option. You may talk to your partner ONLY during the Night phase.

Win Condition: When the number of Mafia players is equal or more than the number of Town players.
You are a Mafia Role Blocker. You and your partner, XXXX who is a Mafia Goon, make up the Mafia faction. Each night you must collaborate and decide on one player to kill. One of you must then send to me via email the target of your attack. No Kill is a valid option. You also have a power of your own. Each Night you may send to me the name of a target to Role Block. If your target attempts any Night Action that night, they will be unsuccessful (Cop gets no result, Doctor will not be able to protect). You may talk to your partner ONLY during the Night phase.

Win Condition: When the number of Mafia players is equal or more than the number of Town players.
You are a Cop. You may send to me the name of one target each night to investigate. I will tell you if that player belongs to the Mafia or Town faction. Your result is 100% guaranteed to be correct. If you are role blocked you gain no result.

Win Condition: When all the Mafia players are dead.
You are a Doctor. You may send to me the name of one target each night to protect. If the Mafia attempts to kill your target during night they will not succeed. If you are role blocked your target gains no protection. You may not target yourself.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special power.

random.org is used for choosing the setup and roles.

[This message has been edited by MagmaLord (edited 07-05-2008 @ 06:04 PM).]

posted 05 July 2008 06:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 312  
GAME LOG

• CONFIRMATION STAGE
  • DAY 1
    • Yeebaagooon Lynched
    • ninjapenguin replaces Survivor Fo

• NIGHT 1
    • Aidsterramma killed

• DAY 2
    • Hygraffo replaces Danielle
    • Survivor Fo replaces ninjapenguin
    • Aidsterramma replaces Koramei
    • Jackpb Lynched

• NIGHT 2
    • Brojc replaces Baske
    • Aidsterramma killed

• DAY 3
    • Hygraffo Lynched

• NIGHT 3
    • Cheesewiz Killed

• DAY 4
    • Survivor Fo Lynched

• GAME ENDS

[This message has been edited by MagmaLord (edited 08-08-2008 @ 09:37 PM).]

posted 05 July 2008 06:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 312  
Confirmed.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 05 July 2008 06:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 312  
Confirmed
posted 05 July 2008 06:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 312  
Confirmed

"First, Jackpb isn't in the game. (Check the list of players in the main post). Thus, Night Actions targetting him/her will never come to fruition.", Dragon Lance Mafia.
posted 05 July 2008 06:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 312  
Confirmed, and I have read the IC article. as you wish.

[This message has been edited by Survivor Fo (edited 07-05-2008 @ 07:23 PM).]

posted 05 July 2008 07:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 312  
Whoops, almost forgot.

ICs must read this
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Being_a_good_IC

ICs, please say "Confirmed, and I have read the IC article."

posted 05 July 2008 07:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 312  
IC = ?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 05 July 2008 07:18 PM EDT (US)     10 / 312  
Inexperience-Challenged

posted 05 July 2008 07:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 312  
Confirmed and I have read the IC article

Uh, there is no rule against editing posts?
posted 05 July 2008 09:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 312  
posted 05 July 2008 10:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 312  
Rule fixed. No editing. Double post instead.

posted 05 July 2008 11:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 312  
Confirmed, and I have read the IC article.
posted 06 July 2008 00:33 AM EDT (US)     15 / 312  
You didn't have to, as you are not Inexperience-Challenged.

posted 06 July 2008 00:53 AM EDT (US)     16 / 312  
Confirmed, read IC article

Let's get this on!

posted 06 July 2008 01:27 AM EDT (US)     17 / 312  
You guys are so cool.
posted 06 July 2008 03:11 AM EDT (US)     18 / 312  
Confirmed and I read the articlep

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 06 July 2008 03:14 AM EDT (US)     19 / 312  
Confirmed, and I have read the IC article.

xRapture, one more strike and you're out.

posted 06 July 2008 07:48 AM EDT (US)     20 / 312  
Confirmed

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 06 July 2008 08:50 AM EDT (US)     21 / 312  
Confirmed.
posted 06 July 2008 01:42 PM EDT (US)     22 / 312  

GAME BEGINS IN 24 HOURS.

[This message has been edited by MagmaLord (edited 07-06-2008 @ 01:43 PM).]

posted 06 July 2008 02:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 312  
I'm confused, so is this strike two or three?
posted 06 July 2008 02:20 PM EDT (US)     24 / 312  
Yeebaagooon, take your moderating duties

OUTSIDE.

posted 07 July 2008 11:58 AM EDT (US)     25 / 312  
Expect sporadic presence from me. First my pc gave out and I had to format the whole thing, and now my internet is being a real bitch with a staggering speed of around 100 bytes per second. Try loading a website at that speed, especially a forum that requires a lot of clicking and reading through lots of posts

(I'm currently not at home)

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Newbie Mafia Game 01 - Game Thread - Day 4
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames