Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: July 2008
posted 01 August 2008 02:26 AM EDT (US)   
This month I have chosen the well known Trigger Guru, invent00r. Let's see what he has to say:

Yeebaagooon: Welcome to this interview invent00r, you are best known for making triggers and your QV something pack V2 is on the way, so what can you tell us about it?

Invent00r: Hey Yeegaaboon. Thanks for having me as motm. . Now to answer your straightforward question:
The pack itself will be a simple outstanding merge with the Trigger Loader that Mythic_Freak had assembled, and my work on QV. I've learned a lot since the last released version of the initial QV for vanilla, so this time its going to be more stable and AoT equal.
Even tho, this pack is still mostly directed to programmers and trigger scripters it is mandatory for Vanillaties to dl it. : o.
It will be released very soon so heads up! :P
When I first looked at AoMH
Yeebaagooon: So what havoc will it enable nottud to unleash? What will we be able to do with it?

Invent00r: Nottud still hasn't got his hands on the beta stage of this new pack, so I'm not really sure. I think arrays are a really nice bonus to us - programmers. It might be able to create a Search Units Trigger that doesn't lagg that much, but seriously I don't know.
Anyways,to give a concrete example, Mephiles recently requested at my TRT a Play Dialog Typewriter - which was otherwise impossible if not using the capacities of the pack.

Yeebaagooon: Wow, that sounds really useful! I'll need to get my hands on that... Anyway, how do you come up with all of this brilliance?

Invent00r: How soon do you have to go?
should I write less or more gibberish? :P

Yeebaagooon: More please the less content the better!

Invent00r: ahA! Just as I suspected :b

Yeebaagooon: So how did you learn to make all these triggers?

Invent00r: Lets see... I was born with super-natural powers. You can say I'm like super-man, only taking the 'super' out.
It will be more useful in the future, at this moment it mainly benefits all Vanilla designers and programmers.

I don't really remember how I first started to make triggers of my own. I first learned how to write in XS (the language that AoM interprets) using the Captn_Kidds guide to AI. I've always feel interested in AIs in general.
This new knowledge, combined with my interest in how things work, led me to view the original [ typetest.xml - I immediately saw it was also in XS!

My first triggers were a simple copy-paste of Mateis work on Norse Wars. They were very simple and I didn't fully understand how they worked. But it wasn't until I opened up pftq trigger pack that I started to understand how this trigger underground world really was made of.

Yeebaagooon: Excellent, so what do you do in Real Life™

Invent00r: Well.. I'm 18 years-old so my Real Life is still playful. I'm going to uni this year so I'm trying to enjoy this vacation as much as possible. :P. And since I don't have any work nor classes at this moment, I usually hang around with my friends and gf in the afternoon. With no real life goals other to hopefully enter my pretended uni and win the lottery. As for sports, I used to practice Capoeira but I'm not in to it lately. I really enjoy cycling and doing some 30+ kms trips on my own but summer always makes me incredibly lazy. : o

Yeebaagooon: Good old laziness, any plans for the future?

Invent00r: Become less lazy?

Yeebaagooon: Very good. Some people would critisise you for not 'evolving' to TT, any reason why you stick with Vanilla?

Invent00r: There are plenty of reasons why I'm sticking with Vanilla. When I first started playing AoM, I took it somewhat seriously and got to a highest rating of about 1750 rating ( Although I reached it playing with my friend Marek 2v2). I never thought I would reach that level due to my age, but I was proud. I looked forward to the release of TT. And when I finally played it, I was seriously disappointed. It had major game-play changes ( Auto Queue just to name the first obvious one ) that I really disliked. So I ultimately had to return to the good-old plain Vanilla - the True AoM game that had over 2 years of development ... Now in terms of scenario design, TT is much better and has far more features then AoM. If I was a devoted designer back when I bought TT, I would most likely be happy with it and get used to the new simplified gameplay.

Yeebaagooon: Indeed, well who buys AOM to play it anyway :P. Any last words?

Invent00r: Don't know.. Thanks for all the ego points u send me so far? :P. And don't forget to give your support the Master XS initiative that Mythic_Freak and I started, and will continue developing only if enough people show interest. . This is a great community! Bye and thank you all.

Yeebaagooon: Thankyou, I'm off to T' Pub Of Ecky Thump.

Invent00r: This is a great community! Bye and thank you all.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 August 2008 02:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 27  
Congrats Invent00r! I WUB the green title

Nice interview
posted 01 August 2008 06:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 27  
Nice! Well deserved.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
posted 01 August 2008 06:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 27  
Good Joobs Invent00r!
posted 01 August 2008 08:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 27  
The coronation of you as member of the month displays the great amount of thought and passion you imply in your projects and releases. It is mandatory you continue supplying a flowing stream of tools and utilities so the community may benifit from them. The Age of Mythology community hereby supports you and acknowledges you as their chosen Member of the Month
posted 01 August 2008 09:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 27  
Nice interview, congrats invent00r. and thanks for letting me bug you when i need it

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 01 August 2008 09:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 27  
Emailed Jayhawk about the title.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 01 August 2008 10:11 AM EDT (US)     7 / 27  
Very nice!!! I was surprised to see you on the news :O.
posted 01 August 2008 11:08 AM EDT (US)     8 / 27  
nice job! it was well deserved, lazy one! :-p

posted 01 August 2008 12:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27  
Vanilla is better.

dadburn flippity flap crapmoan stank
posted 01 August 2008 01:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 27  
Congratulations, welcome to the club

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 01 August 2008 01:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 27  
Congrats, I'm still waiting for mine

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 01 August 2008 02:45 PM EDT (US)     12 / 27  
Congratz Invent00r!
Oh man invent00r you are Hugh Jackman. Awesome.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0

[This message has been edited by SwordOfValor (edited 08-01-2008 @ 03:49 PM).]

posted 01 August 2008 02:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27  
SoV, you're just a complete ass. And the sword on your arm makes it even more obvious. Tattood people will never be MotM. Ever.

Also, Invent00r! Without you my scenarios would be a lot less worth!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 01 August 2008 03:22 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27  
Also, Invent00r! Without you my scenarios would be a lot less worth!
Didn't know that was possible.:O

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 01 August 2008 03:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 27  
You bet it is SoV

posted 01 August 2008 04:02 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27  
SoV, you're just a complete ass. And the sword on your arm makes it even more obvious. Tattood people will never be MotM. Ever.
But you're tattooed too... Or is it a sticker ?

posted 01 August 2008 06:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 27  
posted 01 August 2008 07:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27  
Congrats!

<3
posted 02 August 2008 05:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 27  
All I can say is.. Thanks everybody! . . . .

-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 02 August 2008 06:29 PM EDT (US)     20 / 27  
But you're tattooed too...
No I'm not?

posted 02 August 2008 06:34 PM EDT (US)     21 / 27  
Dragon?

posted 02 August 2008 06:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 27  
No idea what you talking about.

posted 03 August 2008 03:20 AM EDT (US)     23 / 27  
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=15&tn=26540&st=413#post414

posted 03 August 2008 04:05 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27  
That's not me?

posted 03 August 2008 05:48 AM EDT (US)     25 / 27  
I'm Ron Burgundy?
posted 03 August 2008 10:26 AM EDT (US)     26 / 27  
Congrats invent00r!

I never asked for this.
posted 03 August 2008 09:34 PM EDT (US)     27 / 27  
God bless the triggermakers!*

What scenario has been made that doesn't use triggers and editor tools made by people like Invent00r? Hours and hours of experimenting are spent so that the rest of us can make scenarios and take all of the glory. Triggers make our ideas a reality, so again I say..

Blessed are the triggermakers, thanks Invent00r

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: July 2008
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames