Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: August 2008
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01 September 2008 02:53 AM EDT (US)   
So you may have noticed that Out Reach's internet has been *mysteriously* dead for a while now. After realising he wouldn't be on, I decided to interview the HOV MOTM for him this month, and let him interview the SDer next month.

If Reach had been here, he too would have chosen Alyssea as he said a few weeks ago .

So here you are, the entire interview with Alyssea, cut, sliced, diced and censored for your reading pleasure:

Yeebaagooon: Hey Alyssea, want some publicity?

Alyssea: Sure, Yeebaagoon

Yeebaagooon: How about member of the month?

Alyssea: Sure! Why not?

Yeebaagooon: Alrighty then . So what do you like most about AoMH?

Alyssea: Hmm. I love the community. I've been to other HG sites, didn't like them. I had Rise of nations once (Yeah, I know...), and visited RoNH. Its as dead as a doornob. AoMH is active and fun to be a member of. You can tease Yeebaa or Xefus, or submit a scenario and know people will download it.

Yeebaagooon: Yeah he's good to tease :P. Oh wait that's me...

So who else do you enjoy talking to at AoMH?

Alyssea: I talk to Out Reachy a lot. Usually he's wanting me to do something, but sometimes we just chat. I also talk to Baske a fair bit. Well, I did. He's never on anymore (Come back Baske!), and occasionally me and Roxas chat Spore, but normally I just talk across the forums.

Yeebaagooon: Yes, I've 'taken care of' Reachy for now

Alyssea: Nooo! Bring him back!

Yeebaagooon: No chance, and Baske is away on a holiday with some crucial top level shagging. Now they're out of the way, what do you plan to do?

Alyssea: I plan to rise to greendom, and eventually take over AoMH. My next step will be HG itself, and then maybe the world if I feel up to it.
Actually, I'm not sure what I'll do without them. They are all good inspiration and help with my scenarios and just general AoMH knowledge, as they've been there longer than me.

Yeebaagooon: Good luck with your world domination scheme, all those pesky government agents are a real pain sometimes.
So what is your average normal day like?

Alyssea: Well, if its a weekday, (Yes, we do have them in Australia), I generally wake up, get dressed, have a shower, have breakfast etc. etc, and if I have time before I have to leave to school, I jump on my mac and see who's on MSN. Usually I can pester Stefan, a good friend of mine from France, before I leave.
After a long day of sometimes enjoyable school, I arrive home, get dressed out of my school uniform (Yes, we have them here), have some afternoon tea, usually comprising of a sandwich. If I feel like it then, I will either go outside and play frisbee, or play my new Wii with my sister. I then find time for AoMH and the many other forums and games I play, and then its time for dinner. After dinner usually is composed of more computer time, or book reading time, and then I sleep. If its a weekend its usually shopping, Wii or AoM/Forums.

Yeebaagooon: Seems like you have a fairly active routine. As it is the holidays now ( to all those who are at school), what is the strangest thing you've done recently (apart from talking to me)?

Alyssea: Actually, its the middle of term down here, but the strangest thing I've done lately...Hmm.
It would have to be finally working enough money up for a Wii and Brawl. I'm not really the gaming-console person, but after I've played Brawl at my friends, I really quite wanted it. I'm also a big Zelda fan (I had a triforce temporarily tattooed onto my left hand), and wanted to own a copy of Twilight Princess myself.
Then again, staying home from school when I wasn't sick was fun too. My Mum had a Doctors appointment in the morning, and my dad was working, so I had no way to get to school, so I got the day off. Fun

Yeebaagooon: Lucky so and so, while I sit here with another half month of holiday ;p. So tell me about your Zelda antics and how they have nothing to do with the Zelda AOM maps.

Alyssea: Well I've been a fan since Link to the Past came out, but I've never really owned my own copy of any of the games until I got a DS when the DS lite's came out. I got Phantom Hourglass and really enjoyed it, which is what prompted me to buy a Wii and Twilight Princess. I also think Link is Kinda cute.
I've never tried a Zelda map for AoM. Probably because they are all for Titans...What are they like anyway?

Yeebaagooon: Just grass A with a few cliffs and town centres. Pity, because the original one was really good, but the n00bs got their hands on it and destroyed it.

Alyssea: Oh. So not worth trying then? Ok.

Yeebaagooon: Indeed. Ooh yes I was going to ask about your campaign too. So, hows The Shard project coming :P?

Alyssea: Oh! The shard.
Well, its coming slowly. I know it was supposed to have been released, And I realised that, But that was a while ago when I knew nothing of eyecandy or cinematics. Now I've decided to include a lot of both, so you'll have to wait guys, sorry

Yeebaagooon: I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Now you live in Australia, ever seen a croc or black widow or anything like that?

Alyssea: We don't call them Black Widows. Black widows are related, but less dangerous. Redbacks are smaller and more deadly, but only live in places like the outhouse or under the rim of pots. Crocodile? Oh yes, there were a few of them when I was in Queensland (Northern Aus. North = Hotter here). Plenty of snakes too.
As I said in the LPW;
Australia:
Where the spiders are so big, they have health bars.

Oh, and one last thing. Floccinaucinihilipilfilcation.

Yeebaagooon: You spelt it wrong.

Alyssea: Did I?

Yeebaagooon: Yes :P. Anyway thankyou for taking part in this interview.

Alyssea: How's it spelt?! 'm sure it was floccinaucinihilipilfilcation.

Yeebaagooon: It's floccinaucinihilipilification.

Alyssea: Floccinaucinihilipilification.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 September 2008 02:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 46  
Lol at the end part.

¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨_.,-=~+"^'`*`'^"+~=-,._Hygraffo_.,-=~+"^'`*`'^"+~=-,._¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨
׺°˜`°º×-=»«=-I am a ninja-=»«=-׺°˜`°º×
Home of the quoted
Reaaly I am in a Chinese nuclear sub- JDmino
Meh- Baske
posted 01 September 2008 03:26 AM EDT (US)     2 / 46  
Lol at the end part.
posted 01 September 2008 03:49 AM EDT (US)     3 / 46  
Floccinaucinihilipilification.
?

o_o

Congrats

The Ultimate Creator Of Age Of Heroes:
~o~ Age Of Heroes ~o~ Arkantos ~o~ Ajax ~o~
~o~Age Of Heroes II~o~~ Odyssues ~o~ Reginleif
=II= Imagination =II= The Assassins =II=
=II= Hypo Hype 2 - Animalz With Clawz =II=
''Age Of Heroes II is coming soon''
posted 01 September 2008 04:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 46  
Ha ha. I'm now proud to say I'm not the only one who has been corrected on my spelling by Yeebaagooon!

By the way, did anyone know I'm scared of big bugs with loads of long, thin legs? (spiders, daddy long legs).

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 01 September 2008 04:32 AM EDT (US)     5 / 46  
I didn't know that Mephiles.

*Sends Mephiles a crate of poisonous centipedes*

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 01 September 2008 05:17 AM EDT (US)     6 / 46  
You have a shower after you get dressed? Wouldn't your clothes get wet?
posted 01 September 2008 05:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 46  
You're scared of Daddy Long Legs Mephiles? LOL. They're tiny.

///~~[Crusading Knight]~~\\\
\\\~~[Crusading Knight]~~///
And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in Hell.
posted 01 September 2008 05:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 46  
Alyssea,

Do you play brawl online?

if so whats your FC I might vs you sometimes. *evil look*

A green great dragon.
posted 01 September 2008 06:12 AM EDT (US)     9 / 46  
I do, I do.
My friend code:
1418-9146-9897

Catch you if your ever online
posted 01 September 2008 06:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 46  
Cool.

My FC is

0731-6849-6958

A green great dragon.
posted 01 September 2008 06:30 AM EDT (US)     11 / 46  
Ill try catch you online on brawl alyssea. Its good to see that an Aussie finally got member of the month! nice work. Hope its me next!

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
~My Heavens~
AoMH
SpH
DoFH
Also, I am here.
posted 01 September 2008 06:33 AM EDT (US)     12 / 46  
Its good to see that an Aussie finally got member of the month!
I remembered nanodude getting one.

Gratz on MoTM Alyssea.

A green great dragon.
posted 01 September 2008 07:03 AM EDT (US)     13 / 46  
Congrats Alyssea. .

Btw, Mythic_Freak will probably freak out when he discovers Yeebaagooons floccinaucinihilipilification on Zelda maps.
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 01 September 2008 07:23 AM EDT (US)     14 / 46  
My Brawl FC is 3179-8012-8491. I shall add you both.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 01 September 2008 07:46 AM EDT (US)     15 / 46  
*starts creating a list*
posted 01 September 2008 09:57 AM EDT (US)     16 / 46  
great interview, congrats on MotM!

great word, floccinaucinihilipilification, pretty useless thought, but it would be, being that's what it means...

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 01 September 2008 11:53 AM EDT (US)     17 / 46  
i feel with Mephiles im scared of those litlle bastards to >.
posted 01 September 2008 12:34 PM EDT (US)     18 / 46  
Yeh Mephiles your not the only one, I have Aracnophobia. (I hope I spelt it right ) Good thing Yeeb dosn't know where I live. Also what is floccinaucinihilipilification?
posted 01 September 2008 12:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 46  
It's arachnophobia .
Also what is floccinaucinihilipilification?
Google says "The act or habit of describing or regarding something as worthless."
Good thing Yeeb dosn't know where I live.
O rly?

posted 01 September 2008 12:49 PM EDT (US)     20 / 46  
I would post my friend code but unfortunetly my cat cut the cord for the motion sensor bar :\.

Besides, none of you know me >.>....

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

posted 01 September 2008 12:51 PM EDT (US)     21 / 46  
Wow, um a giant word at the end I don't understand I am looking it up.

Don't pick up the soap! It's a trap!! D:
posted 01 September 2008 02:14 PM EDT (US)     22 / 46  
Btw, Mythic_Freak will probably freak out when he discovers Yeebaagooons floccinaucinihilipilification on Zelda maps.
Nice prediction...

Edit:
Hmm.. with this freaking out I almost forgot to congratulate you. ^^

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 09-02-2008 @ 05:28 AM).]

posted 01 September 2008 02:23 PM EDT (US)     23 / 46  
Congratulations, Alyssea. You're an important part of what makes S&D, S&D.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 01 September 2008 02:39 PM EDT (US)     24 / 46  
Gah! When's it my turn Congrats on winning MotM.

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 01 September 2008 03:05 PM EDT (US)     25 / 46  
Oh my god I hate spiders. In Mississippi we had like freakin 4inch spiders. Bleugh... Congratzzz on the MotM . Why does everyone have a wii and I don't
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: August 2008
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames