Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: September 2008
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 01 October 2008 10:36 AM EDT (US)   
After discussion with Reach, we decided he did not know most of the people I intended to interview well enough to conduct the interview, so we are returning to our old schedule.

This month, the honour goes to Lupus, a well known scenario designer. Apologies if this review sounds disjointed, as it was done via email.

Yeebaagooon: Hi Lupus, welcome to this interview.

Lupus: Thank you Yeb!

Yeebaagooon: So, how's The Relic Of Water 2 coming?
Lupus
Lupus: Well, I have worked a lot on improving the whole adventure from the first one. The scenery is now more detailed and varied and I have tried to make it a bit different from regular designing. The story is also improved a lot and I found a way to connect RoW and RoW 2 into the same story. The sequel is called "back to the cursed island", and you will gradually understand what is going on here and what this curse does. All people that are standing in different areas also have a history now. So it's more than just some puzzles, it's a whole adventure.

The music is also new and already released at the download section. I have a whole section called the music chamber, with two parts. The first part you play 5 tones of a song, and you complete the intro in the second one. After that you will hear the whole song playing in the background called Moonspring Ballad.

I only have a few things left to do. When the boss battle I'm working on is done, I need to simplify some areas and then it's ready to get uploaded. Hopefully I won't get a lot of other ideas that will delay the release.

Yeebaagooon: You've kind of had 2 phases at AoMH. You were active a long time ago as I can recall from the depths of my memory, then you came back recently. So what have you been up to in the past?

Lupus: Correct! My old account was Geniet, but I don't like that name due to the meaning (Swedish for The Genius).
A house in The Sims
I always have those periods when I'm totally bored of a game, and now it was AoM's turn. Meanwhile I was active in the community of The Sims 2. Being the moderator of the Swedish official site could be demanding back then. I also design houses and upload them. Building is pretty much what I'm doing in that game. Then I got bored of The Sims 2 and started with AoM again.

In real life my friends and I spent a lot of time together during and after school. Lately we have finished school and some of them are now students at different universities. I will start next year. Piano, accordion, painting, hiking is other things I like to do on my spare time. So that is what I have been up to.

Yeebaagooon: What did you enjoy about it?

Lupus: I enjoy the creativity of creating and designing things, from houses in The Sims to music on my piano. However, nothing beats being with my friends.

Yeebaagooon: What's it like in Sweden?
Sweden
Lupus: It's just wonderful! And no, no polar bears on the roads. The close nature is what enjoys me the most, and walking around in the forests is lovely. It isn't snowy and cold the whole year, we have lovely summers even though it can rain a lot. The only thing that is a bit boring is that people rather look away than facing a person, and you try to avoid social contact with strangers. But in the country side, all people know each other and interact.
An exchange student from America lived here one year, and he loved the "free" food in school. First he missed all unhealthiness and sugar, but as he came back he couldn't stand the fat food in the US.

Yeebaagooon: What are your plans for the future in Real Life and AOM?

Lupus: I hate that question! :P The University comes next though, and I think I'll go for something with Chemistry. Then we'll see what happens.

My future plans for AoM differ a lot. I want to come up with a good idea of a campaign project... But it's just so hard. So I think, hmm RPG? Then I see those comments in the threads: "Oh great... another RPG _".
A third thing I've been thinking of is to create a whole city of my Sun Warrior temple. That will however take a lot of time and be sooo hard. Consequently I'm still in the thinking process, but I'm sure I will start a new project.

Yeebaagooon: Is there anything else you'd like to say to the community?

Lupus: Yes, don't give up AoM! Since the game gets older and older it is kind of hard to keep it alive, but I will if you guys are still there! =)

Yeebaagooon: Thanks for taking part in this interview.

Lupus: Thanks for the opportunity of taking part!

Your turn now Reachy .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 October 2008 10:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 59  
An interesting read. Finally I get to know Lupus a bit more (you swapped names for not liking 'Genius', so you picked a killer desease ).

Congratulations and fully deserved!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 01 October 2008 02:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 59  
Congratulations, Lupus.
Yes I do remember your quandry about your name a while ago come to think of it. I think it's a great idea that you are making music a part of your scenario - not just for soundtracks, but for puzzles. I hope to see it released soon..

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 01 October 2008 02:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 59  
Gratz, I don't know you, but i'm sure you deserved it if Baske says so
posted 01 October 2008 02:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 59  
Congrats!

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ IS EPIC!``°º¤ø„¸?
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam
posted 01 October 2008 02:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 59  
Thanks!

Hehe, I can't help they often use latin words for deseases. :P

I'm only active in the scenario design form, so that's the reason of why some of you don't know me.

posted 01 October 2008 02:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 59  
Thats Yeebaagooon.

(if anyone is actually interested in the hillarious back story/ eternal conflict between me and yeebaagooon to host MotM this is what happened. If not skip down to the large bold bit)

Well you know my internet messed up right? well the thing is me and yeebaagooon do alternative months and well i do community memberrs of great importance (I.E. people who are just awesome) while he does people who have done something recently. like erm... scenario dessign and RMSers and people from GD.

anyhow to maintain balance he did alyssea (who allthough is trying to be a serious scenario dessigner is still just well known for being awesome) and as such i was told to do lupus.

My response "who the **** is lupus?" anyway yeebaagooon did it so thanks man. anyway. I WILL RETURN NEXT MONTH. Unless my house blows down or i lose internet but i doubt/hope that will not happen.

WELL DONE LUPUS!

(and yes i just read the interview. i now know who you are.)

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 01 October 2008 02:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 59  
Congrats Lupus.

Sweden looks nice, although I'm afraid of the polar bears on the road in the woods.

TBK_-_iDrug
"Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
"And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
"I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
"Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
"Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici
posted 01 October 2008 03:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 59  
@ Reach

I'll huff and I'll puff and then my false teeth will fall out.

Request ofr custom title sent.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 10-01-2008 @ 03:18 PM).]

posted 01 October 2008 04:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 59  
and people from GD.
Why is yeeb doing this?
GD should be Dragon's job.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 01 October 2008 04:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 59  
That was a great read Lupus. ^_^ I never knew you liked The Sims too!

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 01 October 2008 04:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 59  
Why is yeeb doing this?
I'm not.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 10-02-2008 @ 03:11 AM).]

posted 01 October 2008 05:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 59  
good for you. . Have a nice custom title, even though inventoor never got his. poor inventoor
posted 01 October 2008 05:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 59  
Congrats Lupus!

◓◓◓◓◓
posted 01 October 2008 05:47 PM EDT (US)     14 / 59  
Why are you allways a month behind with these things?

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 01 October 2008 06:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 59  
Because they do them at the end of the month?

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 01 October 2008 06:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 59  
Congradulations Lupus! A lot of HoVers might not even no who Nottud is, so I'm not surprised many might not know Lupus. I do since I frequent SD and HoV and modding so I know who most are. When DaP got it I thought "who's the heck's he?" since I never go to GD or Technical Help.

Have Reachy or Yeebs ever been MoTM?

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 01 October 2008 07:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 59  
Thanks once again guys!

Out reach: Well, it's about time I became the member of the month so people start to recognize me. :P

TBK: Haha! ^^, I have never seen a wild bear in my entire life. Would be cool though.

Mephiles: I like games where you can create things, like Sims, AoM, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Spore etc.

Old Bachus: I have actually seen Yeeb being the MotM (post created by paperfriend). Reach has likely been that too.

posted 01 October 2008 08:19 PM EDT (US)     18 / 59  
MAN! What is the point of Member of the month? What do you have to do? I don't get it. Eh anyway congrats.

Don't pick up the soap! It's a trap!! D:
posted 01 October 2008 08:21 PM EDT (US)     19 / 59  
Congratulations! Your main menu is sick.
A lot of HoVers might not even no who Nottud is
False.

I never asked for this.
posted 01 October 2008 08:51 PM EDT (US)     20 / 59  
*twirls mustache* hmm yes well done Lupus, but soon i will take the title of member of the month, you and yeebagoon shall be buried in the never ending fecal heep that is AoE3 forums, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confucious say, man who put hand in pocket not crazy, he just feeling nuts
posted 01 October 2008 08:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 59  
Arguing on the AoMH forums is like being in the Special Olympics, you may have won, but your still retarded
This is really creative. You must have thought of it yourself.

I never asked for this.
posted 02 October 2008 03:11 AM EDT (US)     22 / 59  
Have Reachy or Yeebs ever been MoTM?
We both have.
MAN! What is the point of Member of the month? What do you have to do? I don't get it. Eh anyway congrats.
It's just a nice reward for members who have been here a long time and are still active .

About the custom titles; I don't have the power to do this, and to my knowledge neither do the FMT. I email Jayhawk each month because he's one of about 5 or 6 'Super-Users'. Jayhawk's usually quite fast, but he was on holiday or really busy a month or so ago so that's why invent00r didn't get his title. If you don't get it by the weekend, I'll email GillB.

posted 02 October 2008 05:15 AM EDT (US)     23 / 59  
Congrats Lupus, a most certainly better interview than I had when I got MoTM!

<3
posted 02 October 2008 07:15 AM EDT (US)     24 / 59  
How did you get the roof sloping like that?

Oh, and congrats.

[This message has been edited by Koramei (edited 10-02-2008 @ 07:16 AM).]

posted 02 October 2008 04:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 59  
When was Yeebs MoTM? I would like to read that interview . I hope to be MoTM one day. But I'll have to do something great for that.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: September 2008
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames