Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: In Light of Recent Events - Everyone Read
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 31 December 2008 01:49 AM EDT (US)   
We can all agree that AoMH has been getting a bit of hand lately, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little at fault here. Without an active mod team, a forum can quickly fall apart. I have neglected to act of many of the problems arising lately; I've ignored them and hoped that they would "work themselves out." They didn't.

In order to fix the mess that's formed, we need to figure out the problem. James Hook, you are egotistical and disruptive. You can take a perfectly legitimate thread and start a flame war. You and your little grammar nazi shenanigans end NOW. What you are doing is the definition of trolling. I have neglected to act in the past, I will now. Go back and take a look at your posts, take a close look at the warning issued to you. I suggest you take a day off, figure out what valuable posts are, then come back.

Survivor Fo, you sure are good at getting into the mess of things. Your most recent thread is completely unwarranted. It's spamming, flaming, and trolling, all in one package, congratulations. I will not tolerate any more of it. The fact that I didn't ban you for it at this moment is to give everyone one last chance, one last chance.

Cirrow, stop your little feud with Mr. Hook, you yourself are trolling and flaming, treading in dangerous waters looking at your record. You know what you're doing is wrong, I know you know it is. Now stop it right now, or you may face another vacation. If that isn't incentive enough, because I know it probably isn't, then please stop because I'm asking you, politely; please stop.

anstar10, welcome to the Internet! What you need to know about the Internet early on is that everyone is anonymous, you can be whoever you want. Some people abuse this, they turn into mean people, people they would not otherwise be in real life. When using the Internet, you need to develop what is called a "think skin." You need to be able to ignore these pests, trolls per se; you can't let them get inside your head. I would not suggest you leave the AoMH community all together if you don't have to. You can register a new account with a new email and start an entirely new career. Nobody will know it's you. Of course, if you really are 11 like you say you are, then it's "illegal" to do so under the eyes of the government.

I know I did not list everyone in this thread, I cannot possibly. I will deal with everything else on a case-to-case basis.

For now on I expect the posts at AoMH, or more specifically in this forum, to be of higher quality. I speak for my fellow moderation team when I say that we will step up our moderation in this forum, and be more strict in the future. Take note that some of you are now on very short leashes, you know who you are, and we will not be afraid to warn or ban you if necessary. I want AoMH to be restored back to the way it used to be, not this place that I dread going to every day to see what new shit I have to wade through.

If you have any specific moderation questions please directly email me (papaya@heavengames.com). I am leaving this thread open, for now.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
Replies:
posted 31 December 2008 01:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 65  
Holy ****, just what we needed.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 31 December 2008 01:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 65  
My two cents: Like Papaya said, we've been lazy. I'm going to start paying more attention now, so don't expect to continue prancing about doing stupid things. /bluntness

posted 31 December 2008 02:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 65  
Hope this clears up everything.

Maybe they should lock this thread and sticky it?

A green great dragon.

[This message has been edited by Keron Cyst (edited 12-31-2008 @ 02:10 AM).]

posted 31 December 2008 02:04 AM EDT (US)     4 / 65  
Ah damnit, I was put up there.
posted 31 December 2008 02:10 AM EDT (US)     5 / 65  
Cheer up little Cirrow.
For it shall be okay.

posted 31 December 2008 02:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 65  
You do realise that banning James Hook will solve pretty much every problem there is, right?

posted 31 December 2008 02:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 65  
You do realise that banning James Hook will solve pretty much every problem there is, right?
I disagree. It might be easy to sweep the difficult stuff under the carpet and forget it ever existed, but I'd rather try to work this out and keep everyone around.

posted 31 December 2008 02:57 AM EDT (US)     8 / 65  
When Arcticwind7 was finally perma-banned that really ended problems here for quite a while. What was wierd is he wasn't always like that and did a fair amount such as helping with Eazy_Ben's Legends of The Third Age, a nice section in the Eyecand Thread, and even a former SD Question Thread. There are so many people who I've thought should be banned but never said that I felt that way. The best way to deal with it is just to ignore them and wait for the mods to take action. From experiance I figured this out:

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 12-31-2008 @ 03:05 AM).]

posted 31 December 2008 03:02 AM EDT (US)     9 / 65  
When Arcticwind7 was finally perma-banned that really ended problems here for quite a while
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Arctic didn't deserve a ban at all.

posted 31 December 2008 03:03 AM EDT (US)     10 / 65  
Oh uh wow. Things are kinda different since the last time I was here. A lot more people being spammy &or flaming.

O_o

"If I was in somebodies sig I would kill a kitty....... A lol kitty....." -Keron Cyst
Hades Mythodea By igotskillz
DOWNLOAD MY AWESOME TAUNTZ!
posted 31 December 2008 03:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 65  
At least it's not as bad as other forums.

///~~[Crusading Knight]~~\\\
\\\~~[Crusading Knight]~~///
And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in Hell.
posted 31 December 2008 03:10 AM EDT (US)     12 / 65  
Arctic did too. He said how he though AoM was "so gay" and was always waiting to say how ugly something was amongst other things. http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=27,321714,,all

~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 31 December 2008 03:15 AM EDT (US)     13 / 65  
This isn't the place to discuss user's pasts.

posted 31 December 2008 03:18 AM EDT (US)     14 / 65  
Sorry.

>>My work<<

posted 31 December 2008 03:20 AM EDT (US)     15 / 65  
He said how he though AoM was "so gay" and was always waiting to say how ugly something was amongst other things.
Oh, so now speaking the truth and our mind is bad?
THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF TRYING TO KEEP PEOPLE SILENT!
They can't handle it so they get rid of the "trouble makers".

Abusive government if you ask me.

posted 31 December 2008 03:35 AM EDT (US)     16 / 65  
Good thread.
posted 31 December 2008 03:55 AM EDT (US)     17 / 65  
Wow, a lot can happen in one night. I'm not lazy, I'm just on at the wrong times.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-31-2008 @ 03:57 AM).]

posted 31 December 2008 04:05 AM EDT (US)     18 / 65  
Owned.

Disclaimer: The above post is a joke. Do not take anything said literally.

[This message has been created by Athens_2008 (created 01-01-1970 @ 01:00 AM).]
posted 31 December 2008 04:43 AM EDT (US)     19 / 65  
Good thread.
I second that.

°o.O O.o°
.o O°FYI: I DO NOT ABUSE DRUGS°O o.
.o O°My Seal°O o.
°O o..o O°Of Seriousness°O o..o O°
posted 31 December 2008 05:01 AM EDT (US)     20 / 65  
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Arctic didn't deserve a ban at all.
Heh. I thought Arctic was awesome, but he was always one step away from being bannened, he knew it, and acted sillily.
posted 31 December 2008 05:47 AM EDT (US)     21 / 65  
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

That was so necessary.

A green great dragon.
posted 31 December 2008 06:19 AM EDT (US)     22 / 65  
and there was much rejoicing.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 31 December 2008 09:25 AM EDT (US)     23 / 65  
I always thought he was a pretty funny guy. Except when he flamed me instead...

I prefer things to be on the less regulated side anyway (on what is deemed unsuitable talk etc.). Leads to more interesting topics. Things like flaming etc., unless used in moderation should definitely be stamped out though.

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well
posted 31 December 2008 09:34 AM EDT (US)     24 / 65  
I miss Artic also, but it's what I loved about him, that got him banned.

If he'd not been who he was, we wouldn't have cherished him so much.

So I'm glad he got banned, because if he'd played if safer nobody would have cared.

"First, Jackpb isn't in the game. (Check the list of players in the main post). Thus, Night Actions targetting him/her will never come to fruition.", Dragon Lance Mafia.
posted 31 December 2008 10:37 AM EDT (US)     25 / 65  
This is a weird way to make an official statement.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » In Light of Recent Events - Everyone Read
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames