Topic Subject: Ace Attorney Mini-Mafia: Trial Day 1
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 11 March 2009 03:45 PM EDT (US)   

Do not post unless you're playing.

Won the Case ~ Conclusion

Discuss the game in the conclusion.

Meph's email: *removed*

Story and Setup

You can view the story in the forum of an Ace Attorney trial!
(Please note that Ace Attorney Online will not work in Internet Explorer 8 or below. Use a different browser instead.)

The game will use a "lyncher" setup. One player is the real murderer and there are two players (known as targets) that the real murderer wants to lynch. These two targets know that they are targets. The real murderer knows who the targets are.

How to play

If you don't know how to play mafia, read this fun flash guide.

To vote or unvote, please use these codes bellow. If you don't use the codes correctly, your vote or unvote will not be counted.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii54/Mephiles602/forum/vote.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii54/Mephiles602/forum/unvote.jpg

It is optional to use this image when stating your finger of suspicion.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii54/Mephiles602/forum/FoS.gif

Rules and regulations

• Do not edit your posts once the game has begun. Doing so will result in mod-kill. I have no tolerance on post editing.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • Do not quote from your role email.
  • This game is closed communication, so talk within this thread only.
  • You may not vote for yourself.
  • There is no night stage.
  • Targets may not reveal their role unless they are specificly asked by a player to do so.
  • The host has the right to interline if he feels that a player is slowing down the game.

Players

PlayerEmailStatusRole
1. aZeusDude2aZeusdude2(at)yahoo(dot)comDeadWitness
2. Briguybriguy54321(at)hotmail(dot)comAliveN00b
3. Cheesewizcheesewiz(at)heavengames(dot)comGuiltyReal Murderer
4. Shanks13mastamind_130(at)yahoo(dot)comAliveWitness
5. James Hookneverplayedhalo3(at)hotmail(dot)comAliveWitness
6. Rotaretilbobrebuga4(at)gmail(dot)comAliveDetective Gumshoe
7. Yeebaagooonyeebaagooon(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)ukAliveN00b

rlpLeYs is a reserve.

Trial Day Openings

(Please note that Ace Attorney Online will not work in Internet Explorer 8 or below. Use a different browser instead.)

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor

[This message has been edited by Mephiles (edited 03-23-2009 @ 03:08 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11 March 2009 03:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 143  

Trial Day 1 begins now!

To view the opening of this trial day, please click here.
I ask that players do not use the choice of characters in the trials as a basis for their votes.

4 votes to lynch.

MEPH

[This message has been edited by Mephiles (edited 03-11-2009 @ 04:14 PM).]

posted 11 March 2009 04:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 143  
Good use of the trial again.

I don't usually get the first post here but I'll wait for everyone else so we can get a discussion going.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 11 March 2009 05:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 143  
If you didn't already select, I'm be Jean Armstrong...Doesn't matter if you did.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 11 March 2009 05:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 143  
Blah, nevermind, you chose...

Sorry, Jean.

I don't see how to go about this, as someone roleclaiming will tell the murderer exactly how to do so.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 11 March 2009 05:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 143  
James, I will edit it to Jean Armstrong, the gay chef, for you.

Now then, the targets know who they are and the real murderer knows who he is. Perhaps you should start with pressure, like in standard Mafia games.

MEPH

posted 11 March 2009 05:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 143  
Yay!

*Slaps Mephiles for Mod interference*

posted 11 March 2009 07:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 143  
Start with pressure?

Alright...uh...

Pressure=Force/Area

Force equals= mass x acceleration

Acceleration= change in velocity over time

Velocity= displacement/time.

So Pressure = mass times change in displacement over time squared times area

Wait a minute!!!

There's an A in that formula! Clearly the person's name must start with an A! aZeusDude2!

Vote: AzeusDude2

Meh, random pressure vote.

But I don't really see the point of pressuring here, it's not like we can pull tons if information out about night actions that we can test...since there is no night actions.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 11 March 2009 08:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 143  
Basically, getting somebody to roleclaim will confirm him or her, but very well screw the town, as the murderer will know it.

I'm willing to step forward, and RC, but it's a bad idea.

posted 11 March 2009 10:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 143  
And what do you suggest we do, Hook? Sit around and tap our fingers while we wait for the murderer to kill himself? Because it isn't happening. If you have a better plan, spit it out. Don't just criticize the current one.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 11 March 2009 10:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 143  
I'm confused as to the setup; does the murderer kill anyone, or do we just try to lynch him, while he tried to lynch us?

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
-Forums-
posted 11 March 2009 10:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 143  
I would assume this is a game set up much like a regular mafia, pitting six town members against an extremely powerful serial killer. So, I would thus assume that, at night, the murderer kills someone.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
posted 12 March 2009 11:55 AM EDT (US)     12 / 143  
I think the setup is:

1 serial killer
2 lynchees
6 regular townies

I'm for the pressure voting but it's so easy to lie in this game. I don't think we'll have much to go on as there are only basic roles.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 12 March 2009 01:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 143  
I'm confused as to the setup; does the murderer kill anyone, or do we just try to lynch him, while he tried to lynch us?
The real murderer doesn't want to kill, he wants to make sure that two players are lynched rather than him. There is no night.

MEPH

[This message has been edited by Mephiles (edited 03-12-2009 @ 01:04 PM).]

posted 12 March 2009 03:49 PM EDT (US)     14 / 143  
If you have a better plan, spit it out. Don't just criticize the current one.
Fine, then, can I role claim to confirm my innocence?

posted 12 March 2009 06:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 143  
No, you may not.

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
-Forums-
posted 12 March 2009 06:41 PM EDT (US)     16 / 143  
B-but...Rot said...

posted 12 March 2009 06:45 PM EDT (US)     17 / 143  
Ah, alright. I didn't spend enough time reading the setup. So the murderer needs to get two very specific people lynched. So, the question is, are the targets allowed to claim that they are targets?

posted 12 March 2009 08:06 PM EDT (US)     18 / 143  
Probably, since, if Meph allowed that, then the Lyncher could also claim that...

posted 13 March 2009 12:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 143  
So, the question is, are the targets allowed to claim that they are targets?
I will allow that, yes. However, don't forget that people might lie about what they are.

MEPH

posted 13 March 2009 01:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 143  
And is the murderer aware of who the 2 targets are?

posted 13 March 2009 03:32 PM EDT (US)     21 / 143  
Obviously not...

I am going to need a replacement btw, I completely forgot, when I was signing up, that I was going to be away for the next week, so yea, I'll need to be replaced (unless I can get away with not posting for a week )

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
-Forums-
posted 13 March 2009 04:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 143  
I would assume that the lyncher is aware of who he needs to get lynched, if there is no night. I'm almost tempted to just ask the two lynchees to come forward. We'll know not to lynch them, thus pretty much defeating our enemy, and hey, if the murderer comes forward as one of the lynchees, that narrows down our choices considerably.

But before I would ask such a thing, I want confirmation that there is no night. If there is, then our lynchees need to stay silent, because in a setup with a night, the lyncher likely doesn't know who the lynchees are but can make a night kill.

posted 13 March 2009 05:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 143  
There is no night, it's been said many times.

posted 13 March 2009 06:14 PM EDT (US)     24 / 143  
I just wanted to make sure before I go and ask the lynchees to come forward. If there is no night, then we can assume that the murderer must get the lynchees lynched, and has no other way of killing them. Thus, we can likely assume that the murderer knows his targets, and will be trying to get them lynched.

So, if the rest of the town agrees, I think our lynchees should come forward. If there are only two, then we've pretty much defeated the murderer, since he can't win unless they are killed, and no matter what, they will have majority over him. And if three come forward, well, we have severely cut down on who the murderer might be, and while we'll run the risk of lynching the wrong bugger, we still stand a pretty decent chance.

So, before anyone comes forward, I want to hear the rest of your guys's opinions on this plan.

posted 13 March 2009 06:22 PM EDT (US)     25 / 143  
And is the murderer aware of who the 2 targets are?
Didn't I make it clear in the trial?

The real murderer DOES know who the targets are.

MEPH

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Ace Attorney Mini-Mafia: Trial Day 1
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames