You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Star Trek Voyager Mafia - ENDGAME (Day 1)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
posted 25 March 2009 03:40 AM EDT (US)   
Star Trek Voyager Mafia - Day 1
ENDGAME
The Legion Of Doom win.
Story
It was another usual day on Voyager. Captain Janeway sat in the Captain's chair drinking coffee, Chakotay ran around like a headless chicken as he was far from the sacred places of his grandfathers, far from the bones of his people. The Doctor smiled smugly as another crew member tried to seduce Seven Of Nine, and was then cruelly rejected. Harry Kim was caught using the replicators to replicate novelty items and was thrown in the brig.

However, things would soon change. Voyager was pulled into an alternate dimension by a hostile force. The hostile ships begun to infiltrate Voyager and the crew no longer knew who to trust. With primary systems down, how would the crew cope with their toughest challenge yet?
Captain's Log: Day 1
Captain's Log: Stardate 51228.5

This week has been uneventful to say the least. This region of space is completely bare and will take months to cross. Neelix has organised a performance tonight in the mess hall, and I might join in.
It will take a while to cross this area of space, but after that our journey home should resume. All crew are accounted for,
A compilation of all Captain's Logs can be found here.
Gameplay
Morale:
A new feature to this game is a morale system. Morale is extremely important to both factions, but isn't really important for third party roles unless they have abilities that depend on morale.

Sustaining high morale is essential. Morale plays important factors in night actions. All players have a 100% success rate for night actions, unless specified otherwise. If the action is successful I will generate a number of effectiveness (determined by rank and experience of that crewmember) and multiply it by morale. If this score is higher than the resistance factor multiplied by the morale of the other faction, the night action will be successful.

For example:
Let's say Crewman X wants to investigate Person Y. Crewman X is a junior security officer and has a 40% chance of success. If he succeeds, I will randomly generate an effectiveness score. This score is relative to this crewman's abilities. Let's say he gets an effectiveness score of 20. I will then multiply it by the morale of the Voyager Crew (let's say it is 100) to get the overall night action score of 2000.

I now have to determine the total resistance for the targeted Person Y.

Here Person Y is a highly skilled member of The Legion Of Doom, and has a high resistance to investigations of 80. The night action will only be a success if The Legion Of Doom has morale less than 25.

Alternatively, Person Y could be a member of The Voyager Crew too. In this situation the same logic would apply.

• In the event of an exact tie, the night action will be successful.
  • Morale can be replenished passively by certain players, and can be increased by abilities too. Morale will fall if your faction suffers casualties.
  • If Person Y was third party, the night action would be successful unless the person had an assigned resistance score.
  • You will have a resistance factor of 1 to any attacks not mentioned in your role email.
  • The Prime Directive for all players (RULES)
    These rules must be followed.
  • Stick to the COC.
  • If you do not understand any game concepts (eg. morale or night action success rates) you must contact me immediately so we can clear things up.
  • Inactivity is unacceptable. You will receive a formal prod and will then be replaced at my discretion.
  • You will not argue with me over night action outcomes.
  • You may be asked to do something without explanation - this is a result of abilities and you may question me about it after the game has ended. If you fail to comply with my orders you will be punished.
  • You may talk however you like in the game thread during DAY. I will not interfere with lying or anything of the sort. You can post pretty much anything you want.
  • You may not talk at night - the thread will be locked.
  • You may ONLY communicate via email with those who are explicitly mentioned to you in your role email. Any other form of communication with anyone else is forbidden. If someone is attempting to communicate with you when they are not supposed to, please let me know.
  • You may not edit your posts, under ANY circumstance. Doing so will cause you to be immediately modkilled. Double post instead.
  • Failure to follow your post restrictions will result in a warning and then by an immediate Mod-Kill.
  • Dead players may not talk or reveal game related information to other players in any way. You may not talk to dead players or you will be mod-killed.
  • Do not quote any part of your role email.
  • You must place your votes in bold.
  • Dead players may not talk or reveal game related information to other players in any way. You may not talk to dead players.
  • DO NOT look at my edit history. If I get the inclination that anyone has, they will be immediately mod-killed.
  • DO NOT quote any part of your role email or you will be mod-killed.
  • If I have reason to doubt your activity or maturity, I will bar you from playing. This mafia should be a great and fun event; I don't want it spoilt.
  • All the above rules are subject to change as I see fit.
  • Have fun!
  • Voting for Yeebaagooon is not permitted...

Optional FOS image:

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q288/yeebaagooon/VoyagerFOS.png[/IMG]
  • [c]Morale Totals

This shows the total morale for both The Legion Of Doom and The Voyager Crew. Make sure you refresh each day as these values are important. The images will be updated at the start of every day and night.
    The Crew
    NameEmailStatusAllianceRole
    Yeebaagooon yeebaagooon(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk Omnipotent ObserverQ
    Azurazurfire(at) gmail(dot)comWonLegion Of DoomHirogen Alpha
    Blatant7the.tminator(at)yahoo(dot)comDeadVoyager CrewNeelix
    Brighty ChaosRobie(at)hotmail(dot)comWonLegion Of DoomCaptain Picard
    BriguyBriguy54321(at)hotmail(dot)comWonLegion Of DoomAnnorax
    Catabre catabre.ubersoldner(at)Gmail(dot)comDeadVoyager CrewKes
    Crusading Knightcrusading_knight(at)hotmail(dot)com DeadVoyager CrewTuvok
    Dudisdudis42(at)hotmail(dot)comDeadVoyager Crew Tom Paris
    HenrzHenrz.Me(at)hotmail(dot)com???Voyager CrewB'Ellana Torres
    James Hookneverplayedhalo3(at)hotmail(dot)comWonVoyager CrewCommander Chakotay
    Kyle Santossomethingguinness(at)gmail(dot)com WonNone Geneviθve Bujold
    Mephiles mephiles(at)live(dot)co(dot)ukWonLegion Of DoomThe Doctor
    Ethical subroutines deleted
    ninjapenguinsuper_monkey_man(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk Dead N/ASpecies 8472
    Pit_King koji1_2_3(at)hotmail(dot)com DeadVoyager CrewCaptain Janeway
    rIpLeYs 2trigger.guy(at)hotmailWon Legion Of Doom Kazon Alpha
    rlpLeYstrigger.guy(at)hotmail(dot)comDeadBorg CollectiveThe Borg Queen
    Rotaretilbobrebuga4(at)gmail(dot)comDeadVoyager CrewSeven Of Nine
    Shanks13mastamind_130(at)yahoo(dot)comDeadVoyager Crew Harry Kim
    Crusading Knight 2crusading_knight(at)hotmail(dot)com Dead Voyager Crew Red Shirt Extra

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 05-05-2009 @ 12:00 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 25 March 2009 03:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1449  
    Captain's Log: Day 1
    Captain's Log: Stardate 51228.5

My engineers have been working round the clock to get the power back up, and to my delight they have found a solution to sustain our power. But upon realising where we were we have an even larger problem.
    As soon as power came online we detected 3 ships on short range scanners and some sort of torpedo was fired at us. It ripped through our shields like they weren't even there. Our powergrid has taken heavy damage and with the shields down, we were boarded.
    A group of people calling themselves 'The Legion Of Doom' have come on board to exterminate my crew and they have somehow taken control of the ship and forced us into red shirted holograms. We must now decide among us who the enemies are.

I have confidence in my crew. We've defeated the Kazon, The Borg, The Hirogen, Species 8472 and I will be damned if we get stopped by The Legion Of Doom.

It is now DAY 1. It is the first day the crew have had to face this challenge. Can they successfully deduce and lynch a Legion Of Doom member today?
    With everyone as red shirt holograms, nobody knows who to trust.

Voyager Crew Morale: 90
    Legion Of Doom Morale: 110

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-25-2009 @ 04:13 AM).]

posted 25 March 2009 04:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 1449  
    Voyager has been boarded.

///~~[Crusading Knight]~~\\\
    \\\~~[Crusading Knight]~~///
    And when he gets to Heaven,
    To Saint Peter he will tell,
    One more soldier reporting Sir,
    I've served my time in Hell.
    posted 25 March 2009 06:13 AM EDT (US)     3 / 1449  
    Let's start getting a RC or 2, I'll

Vote: James Hook

Cause he wont eat his hat.

I need to think of a new sig.
    posted 25 March 2009 07:03 AM EDT (US)     4 / 1449  
    Vote: James Hook.

Fair enough.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    posted 25 March 2009 09:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 1449  
    Vote James Hook

I wanted to start with Blatant. [/joke]

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 25 March 2009 10:30 AM EDT (US)     6 / 1449  
    Isn't James Hook the guy who claims anyway, if he is town?

vote: Crusading Knight

Why do you need to "board" the ship?

posted 25 March 2009 12:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 1449  
    Oh, and as a note you can RC whenever. Post restrictions will be checked at the end of the game day.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-25-2009 @ 12:15 PM).]

posted 25 March 2009 12:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 1449  
    I hope this is the right thing to do...

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 25 March 2009 12:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 1449  
    And Shouldn't it be 9 to Lynch?

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 25 March 2009 12:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 1449  
    No, 9 is not a majority. 10 is.

posted 25 March 2009 12:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 1449  
    Yes but you can't really Lynch yourself... so it... I suppose...

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 25 March 2009 01:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 1449  
    Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

We've applied enough pressure now. Lets see what Hook has to say.

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 25 March 2009 01:24 PM EDT (US)     13 / 1449  
    Oh god we're not going to play a RC and run game are we. Those get really tedious. I say don't RC, and we random vote someone and see what their reaction is.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    posted 25 March 2009 02:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 1449  
    Vote: Blatant7
    posted 25 March 2009 02:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 1449  
    I'd laugh if Hook turned out to be scum. :P

Kyle Santos, please tell us why you've voted for Blatent7.

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 25 March 2009 03:26 PM EDT (US)     16 / 1449  
    We have enough pressure on James, so waiting time.

Btw, make it so the main post is easier to read, the navy blue is hard to see on a black background... well, at least on my computer...
    posted 25 March 2009 03:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 1449  
    Hmm, that's true, you could at least make the darker blue a bit lighter or something...

‡†Ăžųŗ§ƒŗ놇
    --------------------
    Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
    -Forums-
    posted 25 March 2009 04:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 1449  
    Sufficient votes have been placed on Hook. More votes would be irrelevant to our goal. I will reserve my vote until it is necessary.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 25 March 2009 04:25 PM EDT (US)     19 / 1449  
    Why so serious?

Well it is quite clear Rot has some sort of post restriction. Anyone familiar with STV know who he sounds like?

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

posted 25 March 2009 04:39 PM EDT (US)     20 / 1449  
    Oh come on hook, stop lurking; you are usually on this site 24/8, but then when you have votes on you you dissappear?

‡†Ăžųŗ§ƒŗ놇
    --------------------
    Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
    -Forums-
    posted 25 March 2009 04:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 1449  
    Anyone familiar with STV know who he sounds like?
    Let's not discuss that right now. I can already feel some idiot charging in with compromising information... No reason to give the scum any ideas as to who people are. File it away for yourself when you note something and use it when necessary. I'd also say that posting restrictions need only be brought up if there is something relevant/sinister about them.
    It's not. You guys are already establishing a vendetta. I admit that random pressure is a fair policy, but it's pretty clear that you're going after Hook for shits and giggles.
    Voyager has been boarded.
    How blind are all of you? This screams restriction and it could potentially be an enemy boarding the ship. I say pressure is due here.

Vote: Crusading Knight
    Newbie speaking, otherwise I'd call scum on it. Thoughts?

posted 25 March 2009 04:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 1449  
    @ shanks
    ...we were boarded.
    Omg, Yeeb is scum toO!
    No, but really, it could be any side.
    I'd call it n00bdom.
    posted 25 March 2009 05:02 PM EDT (US)     23 / 1449  
    No, but really, it could be any side.
    Shoot, you're right.

Unvote

Just seemed so mechanical...

posted 25 March 2009 05:08 PM EDT (US)     24 / 1449  
    Vote: Survivor Fo

Reason: Because he said his role kicks ass, and the best roles are Mafia ones

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
    72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
    "I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
    " I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
    "Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy
    posted 25 March 2009 05:13 PM EDT (US)     25 / 1449  
    Unvote
    Vote: Brighty
    Because he used scum a lot
    I'd call it n00bdom.
    True, if you check the first post I do say that I don't understand and stuff like that.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Star Trek Voyager Mafia - ENDGAME (Day 1)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: