Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: キ The Genghis Khan Mafia Game thread - Game Over キ
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24  Next Page »
posted 23 May 2009 10:12 AM EDT (US)   
The game is over. The bondsmen have won.

Behold, a people shall come from the north, and a great nation.
They shall hold the bow and the lance;
they are cruel and will not show mercy;
their voice shall roar like the sea,
and they will ride upon horses,
every one in array,
like a man to the battle.

The Genghis Khan Mafia.

Here are the role emails. Read them, and read them well. They explain the setup of the game.
Bondsman(10)

You are a Bondsman (Guard) of Genghis Khan. Genghis, and his brother, Kachiun, are [Player X] and [Player Y]. It is your sworn duty to protect the Khan and his Brother at all costs.

In order to win, both assassins must be dead, and at least one of your leaders must be alive. It is not necessary for you to be alive to achieve this win condition.

You may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.

Genghis and Kachiun’s Role: (2)

You are Genghis Khan/Kachiun, one of the two ruling the Mongol Horde. Without your partner in the correct clothing, you cannot recognize him – they appear as simply another bondsman to you.
In order to win, both assassins must be dead, and at least one of you must be alive. It is not necessary for you to be alive to achieve this win condition.

You may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.

Assassin Role: (2)

You are an Assassin of Emperor Zhi Zhong, the usurper of the city of Yenking. Your partner in crime is [Player X]. Together, you are on a suicide mission to kill the leaders of the Mongole Horde.

There are two circumstances in which you may kill.

1.) If you are lynched, you will have the opportunity to kill moments prior to your death. The thread will be locked, and you will have 72 real-time hours to make your decision. If your partner is alive at this time, you may speak with them.

2.) At any point during the game (not counting when the thread is locked), either one of you may make a suicide kill. This choice will be made in-thread with the following format: Suicide Attack: Player Y (And Player Z). The Brackets can only be used when the following restrictions are met.* Both you and the player(s) you attack will die.

*The following two restrictions apply to both killing methods:
--> a. If there are two assassins alive, you may only target one player for assassination.
--> b. If there is one assassin alive, you may target two players for assassination (unless there is only one of the brothers alive, in which case you may only target one player for assassination).

In order to win, both brothers must be dead. It is not necessary for either of you to be alive to achieve this win condition.
You may daytalk with your partner only for the first 120 real-time hours (5 days) of the game. After that, the only other opportunity the two of you will have to talk with each other will be in the case where both of you are alive, and one is lynched, resulting with a locked game and 72-hours for the two of you to talk amongst yourselves.

Other than your partner under certain conditions, you may not speak with anybody about this game whatsoever, even should you be dead. This game requires strict secrecy. Veil your mouth.

This mafia is unique. If you have any questions, contact me immediately. Do not hesitate. You should understand via reading all three role emails. This whole mafia is loosely based on the actual happening of the siege of Yenking, and is based more heavily on the book Lord of the Bows, by Conn Iggulden. Good luck.

Rules:

All obvious rules apply. Most of you should know them. If you do not, check another thread. You are responsible for knowing them, unless this is one of your first games, whereas I may make an exception (may).

General rules:

*First and foremost, you may not under any circumstances call me by anything except my name. My name is James Hook, nothing else. Doing so once is a modkill.

First of all, I put a lot of work, and will, into the flavor texts. I would appreciate if you did not ignore them (completely).

1. Don’t be an idiot.

2. Don’t edit your posts, etc.

3. Mods, don’t check my edit history.

4. BLAAAH!

5. These rules, and everything else in this mafia, is subject to change at any time.

Game-Specific Rules:

**There are no no lynches. A no lynch means that everyone is lynched, so the assassins win.

** Likewise, if a day lasts longer than three weeks, the person with the most votes gets killed. If it’s a tie, then the lynch goes to the townie. If they are both townies, the one who got the votes first gets lynched.
1. You MAY NOT reveal, if you are a guard, the identity of Genghis and Kachiun. If you do, the game will be instantly over, the assassins win, and I will make the moderators deal with you as they see fit.
2. There is no night, only 72 hours when the assassins are lynched for them to talk to eachother. If a guard is lynched, it is announced, and we continue.

3. During the 72 hours, ANY post except by me is a modkilled. I will state when it is. At that time, shut up.

4. Day One has a three week deadline. All subsequent Days have a two week deadline. This will not move. I do not care how active the game is, after two weeks, the day is over. This is a game of quick strategy. Genghis Khan did not hesitate.

**As stated, this is not a game for amateurs. I would require you to have played at least 3 games here (not on mafiascum). Also, this should be taken as an example for people who watch people play, as it’s a unique game that has nothing to do with a standard mafia.

Faking a suicide kill if you are anyone except the Assassins results in the loss of the town.
the attempt to find other non-fair loophole in the game will result in a modkill. Don't be an idiot, you know what I mean.

Also, if the assassin thinks that the players are, in some sense, breaking the rules or being unfair, email me and I will see to it.

Genghis Khan's Bondsmen:

1. Briguy-(Briguy54321@hotmail.com)

2. Xefus- (javo10portero(at)hotmail(dot)com)

3. Brighty- (ChaosRobie@hotmail.com)

4. Shanks- (mastamind_130@yahoo.com)

5. Catabre

6. Nomadic Sexy Nuggets Noodle- (weeglasgee@live.co.uk)

7. pubby- (pub_the_pig@yahoo.com)

9. Henrz- (Henrz.Me@Hotmail.com)

10. Droideka- (droideka_11@yahoo.com)

12. dsmi1

13. Arvy- (ash.win.13@hotmail.com)

Those who have gone to meet the Sky Father:

14. Mephiles- (mephiles(at)live.co.uk)- Assassin of the Emperor Zhi Zhong, death by Suicide kill on Day 1.

8. Joshonator- Bondsman, killed by Mephiles' Suicide kill on Day 1.

11. Azur- (Azur_Fire[at]hotmail[dot]com)- Bondsman, lynched Day 2.

The Bondsmens' sons (Replacements):

Matam- markschwade@hotmail.com

Azur- (Azur_Fire[at]hotmail[dot]com)

My email; Fatal(dot)404(dot)error@hotmail.com

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks

[This message has been edited by James Hook (edited 05-29-2009 @ 03:12 PM).]

Replies:
posted 23 May 2009 10:13 AM EDT (US)     1 / 580  
Genghis looked towards the horizon, the night air crisp. It had been a good day. He and his brothers had just won the legendary battle of the Badger’s Mouth Pass, and they had set up camp in front of Yenking. That Bastard, Zhi Zhong the general of the Chin, had escaped, assassinated the emperer, and taken control. Genghis soon realized his plan was impossible. The city, housing over a million souls, was impenetrable. Walls higher than those of mountains surrounded it, lined with siege machines that shot arrows bigger than two men on top of eachother. There was only one choice. He would starve them out.

One crisp winter night, as Genghisand Kachiun, his general and brother, slept, the usurper of YenKing slowly looked around. The people in his city were dieing. They had already starting eating the poor. Soon, he would have no choice. So it would be done. That night, silent as the snow falling, dark as the night, the two assassins slipped down the walls of the city, unseen by all the scouts. They danced in and out of the shadows, making their way to the camp, unseen by all. They did not intend to survive this mission. All they had to do was kill the Khan and his brother. The two quickly slitted the throat of two bondsman, and put on their armor, and slowly sank into the shadows, eventually blending in with the routines of the guards.

The bodies were soon discovered. They bondsmen quickly set a perimetre around Genghis and Kachiun. However, they knew that Zhi Zhong would not have sent assassins to kill minor bondsmen. He would go for Genghis. They knew the assassins were still among them. Isolated, Genghis and Kachiun brought his twelve bondsmen, where, one by one, they would kill them, hoping to God they would get the assassins. They then painted all of the faces and bodies in black paste, them emerged into the sunlight at random. No one knew the other, whether they were friend or foe. This would end in blood.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 23 May 2009 10:14 AM EDT (US)     2 / 580  
It is Day 1. Find the assassins. And kill them. You have 3 weeks. The 5-day limit for the assassins' communications also starts now.

[This message has been edited by James Hook (edited 05-23-2009 @ 10:26 AM).]

posted 23 May 2009 10:17 AM EDT (US)     3 / 580  
Underline, what?

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 23 May 2009 10:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 580  
Underline, what?
Is there something wrong?

posted 23 May 2009 10:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 580  
My Kinsmen, we must be extremely cautious, and detect every single mistake. We have to pay attention to every single detail, we must make smart choices, not precipitated ones. Go forth!

¤ | | ð | § "Xefus § | ð | | ¤
posted 23 May 2009 11:10 AM EDT (US)     6 / 580  
My Kinsmen, we must be extremely cautious, and detect every single mistake. We have to pay attention to every single detail, we must make smart choices, not precipitated ones. Go forth!
lol, what is this? D&D?

Ok I have a plan to catch the assassins. Everyone vote for someone. It relies a lot on luck but we'll see if we can get an assassin.

Vote: Brighty

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
posted 23 May 2009 11:18 AM EDT (US)     7 / 580  
Actually this could very well work if we have everyone Unvote and Vote for someone else again.

Everyone has to vote

Well let me explain the plan since some of you might not get it. We vote for someone who is not Genghis Khan and His Brother. If anyone votes for the Leader then he is an Assassin. We do this several time until we find the assassin. Everyone vote for someone different.

I see a flaw in that we will end up singling out the Leader by not voting for them. I have a way around that don't worry. For now just go with it.

posted 23 May 2009 11:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 580  
Also if someone happens to vote for the leader then don't inmediately say "OMG scum lynch lynch!"

Because you will obviously end up singling out the leader and we will only end up catching 1 assassin. We only lynch after a couple voting sessions so that we don't single out the leader and the assassins can't kill him after we lynch him.

posted 23 May 2009 11:48 AM EDT (US)     9 / 580  
WTFUP YOU SAID I GOT TO PLAY!

posted 23 May 2009 12:11 PM EDT (US)     10 / 580  
...it made sense to me

If no one else gets it then I'll try to explain myself better.

posted 23 May 2009 12:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 580  
In other words. If you are a bondsman then vote for someone who isn't Genghis Khan and his Brother.

posted 23 May 2009 12:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 580  
What? You are playing.

posted 23 May 2009 12:38 PM EDT (US)     13 / 580  

You had me on the replacements list. :S
posted 23 May 2009 12:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 580  
This plan is extremely stupid, all the assassins have to do is either be one of the first to vote, and so have a much higher chance of not getting one of the leaders, or they wait for everyone but them to vote, and then both use their suicide kills to make them win...

Either way it's not going to work.

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
-Forums-
posted 23 May 2009 12:59 PM EDT (US)     15 / 580  
posted 23 May 2009 01:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 580  
This plan is extremely stupid, all the assassins have to do is either be one of the first to vote,
If they're the first to vote they still have a chance of voting for the leader. Even if its a small chance, there's a possablility they will vote for 1 of 2 leaders.
or they wait for everyone but them to vote, and then both use their suicide kills to make them win.
That would be great of them to do. How do they know I haven't voted for the leader already? They waste their suicide kills on a Bondsman.

posted 23 May 2009 01:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 580  
I'm confident this plan will work. Lets get some more votes in.

Remember to not react if they vote for the leaders. Just continue as normal.

posted 23 May 2009 01:24 PM EDT (US)     18 / 580  
Another thing that I would like to add is that we need to do this several times because once we lynch woever votes for the leaders then they will go down the list of who they voted and choose someone to assassinate.

If we do this about, lets say 7 times. They will have a 1/7 chance of getting the leader. I like those odds

posted 23 May 2009 01:47 PM EDT (US)     19 / 580  
Also, this should be taken as an example for people who watch people play, as it’s a unique game that has nothing to do with a standard mafia.
Freudian slip you need a 'not' in there.

I'll be a replacement.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 23 May 2009 01:48 PM EDT (US)     20 / 580  
Catabre, you'll be replacing Mappp right away.
Catabre has replaced Mappp.

[This message has been edited by James Hook (edited 05-23-2009 @ 01:49 PM).]

posted 23 May 2009 01:50 PM EDT (US)     21 / 580  
Droid, no..:
1)
Without your partner in the correct clothing, you cannot recognize him – they appear as simply another bondsman to you.
The 2 that don't know eachother will fail, even though we know them, we might still get a reaction.

2) The assassins will just immediately kill the one they voted.

3) If the assassins and the Gengis/co get it right the last 2 players will die.

4) I agree with Azur.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 23 May 2009 01:52 PM EDT (US)     22 / 580  
The Plot thickens.

posted 23 May 2009 01:55 PM EDT (US)     23 / 580  
List of people who have voted:
Droideka_11
Brighty

Once we get everyone to vote we will do it again. With 3 weeks we should be able to get a lot of votes in.

posted 23 May 2009 02:03 PM EDT (US)     24 / 580  
The 2 that don't know eachother will fail, even though we know them, we might still get a reaction.
So what? We know who the Leaders are. If they vote for each other then we will just ignore it.

Actually this resoning leads me to believe you are an assassin.
2) The assassins will just immediately kill the one they voted.
We are doing this several times so that they have multiple targets to choose from.
3) If the assassins and the Gengis/co get it right the last 2 players will die.
Nope.

Lets lynch Hernz. His opposition to the plan means he is scum.

Unvote

Vote: Henrz

I'm hoping you guys are smart enough to see what I'm seeing.

posted 23 May 2009 02:05 PM EDT (US)     25 / 580  
Droid, the assassins would simply wait to be the last two people who haven't voted. Then they would kill whoever isn't voted for.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » キ The Genghis Khan Mafia Game thread - Game Over キ
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames