Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: October 2009
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01 November 2009 05:54 AM EDT (US)   
And as the KMANGIANTKILLER of fate descends below the sunlit moon that is FULL OF DEMENTED ANGRY, I see that MoTM goes to perpetual_n00b!

Yeebaagooon: Greetings perpetual_n00b, and a very warm welcome to you. You've only been here for 5 months, yet in that time you've accomplished a lot. Your most recent release was Wizard's Path. Can you tell us something about the scenario?
perpetual_n00b: I had an interest in making an RPG for a while. After making my first scenario, Descent into the Underworld, I had all these ideas that I wanted to expand upon. I think the idea for The Wizard's Path came to me while reading a review for a that only scored 1 and thinking about how I would have done it differently.

Yeebaagooon: Descent into the underworld was the first scenario of yours that I played and it was definitely 4.0+ material. You seem to have become a very good designer quite quickly, how did you do it?
perpetual_n00b: I read a lot of different guides to learn as much as I could from those more experienced than me. I also worked on a few different scenarios before I released Descent, partly to practice making scenarios and partly because I was going to make it into a campaign. The Descent scenario was the only one of those early scenarios I thought was good enough to release.

Yeebaagooon: Any plans for the future?
perpetual_n00b: I'm currently working on a couple of projects. One is sort of a middleware RPG scenario, with all the triggering for levelling, shops, powers, etc. already done that anyone can use to make a playable RPG just by putting in eyecandy and placing enemy units. I'm also working on a build and destroy scenario with RPG elements inspired by Dawn of Fantasy and games like Majesty and Settlers.

Yeebaagooon: Excellent, so what do you think has been your greatest achievement in SD to date?
perpetual_n00b: I think the release of The Wizard's Path has been my greatest achievement but I'm also proud of the contributions I'm making to CASTWCRT and my slowly improving eyecandy skills, I hope to win the CSC one day I've come 2nd three times now

Yeebaagooon: You should be able to, if someone as talented in the eyecandy department such as me can win :P. So, my spies tell me you're in the UK now but used to be in Australia. What's the change been like?
perpetual_n00b: It's been good, not too much of an adjustment, the weather is just a bit cooler and wetter. The differing accents between areas takes a bit of getting used to. I live between Liverpool and Manchester so I get to hear scouse and manc.

Yeebaagooon: Ah the dreaded Liverpool accent of doom. What's you daily life like?
perpetual_n00b: I'm not very active at the moment. The visa I'm on has work restrictions plus the global financial crisis made it harder to find work so I just spend my day chatting to family and friends back home, reading books and working on scenarios. I occasionally do some touristy stuff and I regularly attend a pub quiz with some friends I made here. I'm also in the midst of planning my wedding with my fiancee.

Yeebaagooon: Congratulations . Can you tell us more about your hobbies?
perpetual_n00b: Apart from scenario design, I like to read fantasy novels such as Terry Pratchett's Discworld and the Forgotten Realms series, I also read books like The Book of General Ignorance. I like to travel, I've travelled a bit around Europe, Australia and the UK.

Yeebaagooon: Ah both excellent books. I assume you can confirm a few interesting facts. Where do you aim to be in one year?
perpetual_n00b: My fiancee and I plan to stay somewhere in the North West of England. Hopefully, I'll have a job by then. I was a bit slow applying for the Intern Scenario Scripter job at Reverie, that would have been great to get. If they're ever looking for more scenario scripters I'll definitely be applying.

Yeebaagooon: It's coding more than designing :P. Any last words for us?
perpetual_n00b: I do have some coding experience, I studied programming at uni. Last words, I hope everyone had a good Halloween and remembered to wish Yeebaagooon happy birthday on the 27th :P

Yeebaagooon: So do I. And I have some last words for myself: I'm 16 and you're old and smelly na na na na nah :P. Thanks for taking part perpetual .
perpetual_n00b: . Thanks for this honour .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 November 2009 05:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 33  
Yeebaagooon: So do I. And I have some last words for myself: I'm 16 and you're old and smelly na na na na nah :P.
Bitch!

Well done perpetual .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 01 November 2009 06:03 AM EDT (US)     2 / 33  
Flinders street station? Melbournian.

Anyways congrats.

A green great dragon.
posted 01 November 2009 06:14 AM EDT (US)     3 / 33  
Congratulations MotM !

KingUndergroundKing
posted 01 November 2009 07:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 33  
Congratulations!
Finnaly a CASTWCRT member is MoTM!

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 01 November 2009 09:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 33  
hey, R.A. Salvatore
good shit

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 01 November 2009 09:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 33  
nooo Perpetual! I've beated you at the CSC but you are MOTM before me !

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 01 November 2009 09:29 AM EDT (US)     7 / 33  
Uuhm, who's that?
I'm sorry. Anyway congratulations.
posted 01 November 2009 09:46 AM EDT (US)     8 / 33  
Gratz perp, well earned

My heavens:

DoFH
AoMH

"Imageshack is the tool of satan. Never use it under any circumstances."~Yeebaagooon
Visit my first hosted competition at DoFH
[img]http://elpea.net/hg/upload/upload/1242700941dofh3.jpg[/img]
posted 01 November 2009 09:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 33  
Congrats Noob

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
posted 01 November 2009 10:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 33  
I'm gonna miss my custom title

Good job though

I need to think of a new sig.
posted 01 November 2009 11:03 AM EDT (US)     11 / 33  
Grats. It could only happen sooner or later. =)

posted 01 November 2009 11:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 33  
Nice books
posted 01 November 2009 11:42 AM EDT (US)     13 / 33  
Now two members of CASTWCRT have been MoTM!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 01 November 2009 11:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 33  
Now two members of CASTWCRT have been MoTM!
(edited) Apologies to you, Osiris.

[This message has been edited by Skarr (edited 11-01-2009 @ 12:02 PM).]

posted 01 November 2009 11:54 AM EDT (US)     15 / 33  
You're an asshole, skarr.

Congrats perpetual_n00b. Looks cold on that mountain without a hat :S
posted 01 November 2009 11:57 AM EDT (US)     16 / 33  
You're an asshole, skarr.

I was just stating that it was for Perpetual's work in Scenario Design, not scripting, and it was not about the team.

Jeez, pubby.

posted 01 November 2009 12:48 PM EDT (US)     17 / 33  
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was surprised when I got the email from Yeebaagooon, I wasn't expecting to be MOTM after only 5 months.

I thought there would be more responses like
Uuhm, who's that?

I'm sure one day all CASTWCRT members will get to be MOTM

Yes, I am a Melbournian, I was hoping there would be others on here who would recognise Flinders Street Station.

Those books are just a fraction of my collection, I have hundreds more back in Australia.

It was a bit chilly up that mountain, shortly after the picture was taken we had to turn back because the path was completely iced over on a narrow ledge.
posted 01 November 2009 12:56 PM EDT (US)     18 / 33  
posted 01 November 2009 01:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 33  
How do you get picked for the member of the month?
posted 01 November 2009 01:06 PM EDT (US)     20 / 33  
Thanks Oboe
Bribe Yeebaagooon with 47 cookies
posted 01 November 2009 01:18 PM EDT (US)     21 / 33  
Congratulations.
posted 01 November 2009 02:12 PM EDT (US)     22 / 33  
Contribute to AoMH. Be active, make scenarios, create forum games, anything that you are good at doing and when Yeebaagooon or Out Reach (away at the moment) feel that you should be picked, they interview you, and give you a custom title for a month.

You can't really ask how to become member of the month. There is no step by step way, they just choose you I guess.

posted 01 November 2009 03:29 PM EDT (US)     23 / 33  
Out Reach (away at the moment)
Interesting way of putting it, I guess.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 01 November 2009 07:06 PM EDT (US)     24 / 33  
Gratz perpetual

Life Ends. But what was accomplished in it doesn't.
posted 01 November 2009 08:29 PM EDT (US)     25 / 33  
Velerak
Who?

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: October 2009
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames