Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: April 2010
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01 May 2010 09:29 AM EDT (US)   
MOTM is here again! And this month a member from SD steps up to take the award. We all know of him, so please give a warm welcome to lostro, lostrozza, lostrozzacava, the Italian guy....

Yeebaagooon: Sooooooooo, what's been your favourite part of SD recently?
lostrozzacavalli: well I like most of the parts of SD but while at start I was mostly interested in scenarios, I now like mostly RM and trigger scripting. If you ask me the reasons then I must admit that I don't like the interface of triggers as they are in editor. it is terribly complicated to get rid of a bug at the first effect in a trigger with like 100 effects while in RM scripting you just take the piece and change it.

Yeebaagooon: But in RM would that not just be code hidden away?
lostrozzacavalli: Yes but I perfectly know where it is and in RM scripting for online maps you never need to duplicate the effects for every player, you just use loops, so you don't have a really huge text. I also prepared an image with a piece of text from my latest RM.

Yeebaagooon: So how difficult is it to learn RMS?
lostrozzacavalli: It is actually hard but if you know trigger scripting you can basically skip trigger part because it is the same; then you need to study a bit the functions but I would like to say to everybody who wants to learn it that it is very satisfying because with some random areas and decorations objects here and there the maps already look cool, no need of amazing 100 meters high buildings and such. You don't even need a complete knowledge of the commands; I myself don't exactly know what every command does but I don't feel I would need to (you must know some important things, anyway).

Yeebaagooon: How long did your latest RM 'Escape your mates' take you?
lostrozzacavalli: Not much, I think about 3 weeks (and on the meantime I worked on the keyboard one too, which took 2 days).

Yeebaagooon: Interesting, so do you think RMS are the future of ESO?
lostrozzacavalli:
Well there are types of map which can't be done with a lot of success as RM, like RPGs, mostly because you can't work as well as in the editor on placing objects and eyecandies, but for some random types of games (such as escape) I think RM is the best choice because it let you choose the number of player you like and also game modes, and the map is random so you never get boring playing it a lot of times.

Yeebaagooon: So are you planning any scenarios in the future?
lostrozzacavalli: I don't think you will see me designing any multiplayer scenario in the future because as I said I found RM scripting a lot more powerful, though I recently tried some extremely cool effects which involve teleport and I'm now going on designing an RPG for single player. Don't wait for it soon though, RMs have always the highest priority!

Yeebaagooon: Cool . So any sneaky RMS projects going on?
lostrozzacavalli: Yes, me and nottud (which I would like to thank for all his help on entering me on RM scripting) are now projecting a "final escape" which will be the union of my 2 escapes with some of his ones. It will count an amazing number of random events, themes, and more.

Yeebaagooon: Nice. So what's it like in Italy?
lostrozzacavalli: Well I think Italy is a good place to live in because there is a good climate, never too hot nor too cold, and we have a good food like pizza and pasta. I also have a question to you if you eat pasta sometimes: how much time do you cook it?

lostrozzacavalli

Yeebaagooon: Depends what it is. What's your daily life like?
lostrozzacavalli: my day can be very different but usually I wake up at 7, I go to school at 8 and I come back home at 1, 6 days a week. After lunch I do my homework which is usually 1-2 hours and then I switch on my computer. After dinner I usually go out with my dog, Zeus, and I go to bed, where I read half an hour before sleep. I also swim 2 times a week and on Saturday I go to the cinema or out with my friends.

Yeebaagooon: Your dog is called Zeus :P? And school 6 days a week ... what?
lostrozzacavalli: Yes my dog is called Zeus and this is not random as you might have thought. And yes, here in Italy we all have school 6 days a week at high school, although from 8 to 1 PM, so we have every afternoon free (except from homeworks)

Yeebaagooon: Ouch. So what's your plan for the future?
lostrozzacavalli: It's really hard to think to the future at my age...

Yeebaagooon: Fair enough, but no idea what would be an interesting job?
lostrozzacavalli: I'm really divided at this point because I'm studying in a classical school where we study mostly Latin and Ancient Greek and so I'd like a job connected to this, but also as a hobby I like to play around computers so I really don't know. Don't misunderstand me though, I like my school and I'm not forced to it or so.

Yeebaagooon: Maybe you could develop the next AOM ;p?
lostrozzacavalli: It'd be a dream but I wouldn't be as clever as ES developers and AoM is unique, anyway (maybe asking nottud...)

Yeebaagooon: Any last words for us?
lostrozzacavalli: Yes, I know I should cut my hair a bit (see the photo) and don't give me chocolate cakes with cream for my birthday because I'm allergic to milk, walnuts and wazelnuts

Yeebaagooon: Whoops. Thanks for taking part.
lostrozzacavalli:

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 May 2010 09:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 46  
congratz lostrozzz...thingie !

KingUndergroundKing
posted 01 May 2010 10:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 46  
Gratz!
Finally an Italian award
@Yeeb: I confirm it, in Italy we go to school 6 days a week, from Monday to Saturday. Though, not always from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., that's just the most usual timetable.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 01 May 2010 10:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 46  
Woot for SD!

Congrats lostro!

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
posted 01 May 2010 11:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 46  
I told you.

Congratulations, and well earned!

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 01 May 2010 12:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 46  
Congratulations horse strangler1!

You've made a lot of contributions to SD and definitely deserve this recognition.

The picture behind you is crooked.

1 lo strozza caval == strangle the horse
posted 01 May 2010 01:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 46  
Congrats lost, I don't know who you are as I don't traverse into SD/Modding any more but it seems like your work is good and you deserve the award

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 01 May 2010 02:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 46  
posted 01 May 2010 05:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 46  
gratz lostro

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 02 May 2010 03:40 AM EDT (US)     9 / 46  
Thanks guys

@GoOlympus: Indeed

I will soon post a photo of Zeus.

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 02 May 2010 04:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 46  
Lost Congratulations
posted 02 May 2010 05:57 AM EDT (US)     11 / 46  
@Perp: Your note #1 is wrong
Lo strozza cavalli isn't "strangle the horse".

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 02 May 2010 06:24 AM EDT (US)     12 / 46  
Will you post a picture of the God or the dog?

~Guard of Olympus ~
posted 02 May 2010 06:59 AM EDT (US)     13 / 46  
Both

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 02 May 2010 07:11 AM EDT (US)     14 / 46  
congratulations lost[a lot more syllables]li.

I have but 1 question for you.

WHY MUST I ESCAPE MY MATES?

I like my mates. I want to go see them. not run away.

Why can't I escape the law. Or my enemies. Or A Giant inter dimensional Space Kraken?

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 05-02-2010 @ 07:13 AM).]

posted 02 May 2010 08:10 AM EDT (US)     15 / 46  
eheh I like them too, at least until they become hunters, in fact in that game shared bases are always a risk (you can guess why)

And "Escape the Law" might be a good title, I guess I could make yeeb clones which try to ban you all the time while you escape trying to share passwords with other accounts increase forum corruption

posted 02 May 2010 09:37 AM EDT (US)     16 / 46  
lul it's fun when there's a HoV thread in which almost only SDers go

I say we change this topic's name into SD Ambassy

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
posted 02 May 2010 12:50 PM EDT (US)     17 / 46  
posted 02 May 2010 01:10 PM EDT (US)     18 / 46  
I miss the SD. I used to discover special effects for scenarios and screenies. Then my computer broke. I haven't played AoM in two years. Nevermind that. This is a congratubations thread. So congratubations, good sir.

Pedo Bear Approval

HH - AoMH

Total Forge projects completed: 82 (includes screenshots, game variants, and map variants)
Current Forge project: A secret!

[This message has been edited by Shraze (edited 05-02-2010 @ 01:15 PM).]

posted 02 May 2010 01:28 PM EDT (US)     19 / 46  
strange...
my cousins in Sicily have a dog named Zeus.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 02 May 2010 02:44 PM EDT (US)     20 / 46  
He isn't in Sicily. There can be plenty of families with a dog named "Zeus".

posted 02 May 2010 02:49 PM EDT (US)     21 / 46  
share passwords with other accounts
Hahaha, that's a good one.

~Guard of Olympus ~
posted 02 May 2010 05:45 PM EDT (US)     22 / 46  
Congrats man!

|MEMORY|
posted 03 May 2010 11:20 AM EDT (US)     23 / 46  
CASTWCRT ftw

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 03 May 2010 11:26 AM EDT (US)     24 / 46  
Huh. I thought someone had bumped last month's thread, but it seems I was mistaken.

Congratulations, lostrozzacavalli ^_^

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 03 May 2010 12:28 PM EDT (US)     25 / 46  
Thank you all for the comments I really appreciate them

And thanks yeeb to sacrifice some time to do this.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: April 2010
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: