Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of The Month: June 2010
posted 01 July 2010 10:30 AM EDT (US)   
Today we greet EmjeR, a modder, scenario designer and all round good forumer!

Yeebaagooon: Greetings EmjeR, welcome to this interview. You're mostly regarded as a modder, so can you tell us about your early works?
EmjeR: Greetings Yeeb, thank you. Well, like all modders, i started as a noob. Creating some simple weird mods like a hoplite on a horse, or a new head for a hypaspist.

Yeebaagooon: So what would you regard as your earliest milestone?
EmjeR: I have to take a look at my modding history. I think it's the Improved Greeks mod I created together with Tarion_31. He just launched a Cathapract mod and he said that he had the idea to make a mod with improved graphics of the greek army. Since he is mainly a texture artist, I decided to offer my helps as modeller. As example I created a new helmet for the hoplites, and tarion_31 was very interested in my help. It was my first larger project I have been working on.

Yeebaagooon: And you have certainly come a long way since then. Are you working on anything now?
EmjeR: To be honest, I have a lot projects still open. I ever started them with great ideas and plans, but they are still unfinished. The project that I'm mainly busy with is the BCTool. Which have been open for a year almost :$

Yeebaagooon: I understand that modding is a long process. How long did your eyecandy pack take you?
EmjeR: The eyecandy pack is a different story actually. That's because it was a request project. People could post ideas in the eyecandy-pack-thread and I made the mods for them. It reminds me that there are still some unfinished requests...

Yeebaagooon: Cool. You also knocked off a birthday cake and balloon for me, how long did those take :P?
EmjeR: I made them in a single noon. Those where quite simple models. And Banoffee helped me with the textures. The scenario itself took me some longer.

Yeebaagooon: Nice. And that brings me neatly on to scenarios.
You have dabbled in the magic that is scenario design a few times, you've created scenarios and screenshots. Did your modding skills help you here?
EmjeR: Quite less often as you would expect I think. I used modding only three times with the csc and I made also some eyecandy screenshots without any modding. Scenario and screenshot design are very interesting pursuits, and they differ a lot from modding. But sometimes I want to combine those two to get an optimal expression of my creative ideas.

Yeebaagooon: Ah yes, the CSC. You won the Yeebaagooon theme. Are you a natural eyecandier or have you had practise?
EmjeR: my first meant eyecandy screenshot I shoot was designed with the upcoming rpg game 0 A.D. Which you can see here: http://www.emjer.com/0adscreens/The_Women.jpg. It's not up to me to judge the quality, but if i have to give a comment, I'd say that it worked out very well. It came at last out as I the idea I had in my head.

Yeebaagooon: So what's your involvement with scenarios?
EmjeR: The only scenario I ever released was your birthday present. I have made some other scenarios. But they where mainly made to fill in the bored times. I started on a scenario called The Engine. It's about a engine that runs the time of the universe.

Yeebaagooon: Ah cool, so how's progress with it?
EmjeR: Actually it was never the meaning to finish it. It was just some weird idea of me. And I had some other projects I was working on that time, like 0 AD for example.

Yeebaagooon: So what's your average day like?
EmjeR: I stand up in half 5 in the morning. Then I start to deliver morning newspapers. After that I sometimes go back to bed or I start sitting behind my pc. At noon I have to deliver the post. And when i come back it's time for diner. In the after noon I mostly go back to my pc. And at night I go out with friends.

Yeebaagooon: Any last words for us?
EmjeR: I love this community and it's great that there are still so much people who have love for this good old game Age of Mythology. Keep up the good work and the fun .

Yeebaagooon: Thanks for taking part .
EmjeR: and of course you Yeebaagooon for this great interview and the MotM title that you gave me as birthday present...

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 July 2010 10:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Cool a modder as the MotM! Congrats Emjer.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 01 July 2010 12:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
thank you winston i'm so happy to be motm at last

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
!! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
posted 01 July 2010 12:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
posted 01 July 2010 01:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
It's been a long time coming, but then this award always is. Congrats EmjeR!

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 01 July 2010 02:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
Yay for Emjer!

Do you get to work as a blacksmith (I see in the picture) or was that just a vacation picture?

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 01 July 2010 02:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
It certainly looks like a lovely pokey stick. I want one.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 01 July 2010 03:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
He's forging, fools.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 01 July 2010 04:09 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Forging a loving bond between himself and another?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 01 July 2010 04:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
I don't really know you, Emjer, but Happy MoTM!

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 01 July 2010 06:04 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
His shirt would have more holes in it if Blacksmithing was his profession.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 01 July 2010 06:48 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
well yes i am forging. i'm learning how to do it in my spare time. and i'm building my own smithy in the barn of my father.

here i'm working on a part of concrete iron. it's gonna be a pliers.

@ Mozzarella Man ~ not funny ^^

@ pHraeKAY ~ well i usally don't work in this shirt XD

thnx all guys

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

posted 01 July 2010 06:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
I'm excellent at blacksmithing. I don't wear a shirt nor pants, 'cus I'm cool like that.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 02 July 2010 10:10 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
I don't wear a shirt nor pants,
That's hawt.

1. Perfection is impossible.
2. Nothing is impossible.
3. There are always exceptions.
posted 02 July 2010 12:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
I don't wear a shirt nor pants, 'cus I'm cool like that.
I just wear a kandoora.

Hello, my name CHEEZ BIX:
  • Download the beta version of my map, Hero Wars: Godpowers Unleashed!
  • posted 02 July 2010 02:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
    Congratulations! Well deserved.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 07-02-2010 @ 02:58 PM).]

posted 03 July 2010 12:53 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
    Thanks
    I don't wear a shirt nor pants,
    That's hawt.
    well actually it's more hot to wear things. because you're standing next to a fire, in the sun most of the time XD
    or maybe i should give that kandoora a try...

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of The Month: June 2010
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames