Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MoTM: July
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03 August 2010 12:41 PM EDT (US)   
Some MotM interviews are a real laugh to produce. Others leave you asking questions you never thought you needed to. However some are serious. In this month’s interview I went in thinking Kai Hirogashi was just another scenario designer I wasn’t paying much attention to and maybe I could cheat myself a few bonus points in his scenario design contest.

I left having a deep and meaningful conversation with a man, I regretted ignoring. Ironically my computer died near the end of this month, and I lost the scenario I worked on for the contest. I didn’t make a back up. But there was one thing I did make a back up of. This interview, because it was so important to me.

So please, don’t ignore this like most other MotMs and just read the bold name at the top, scroll down, type “Good Job” and leave. Stay, Read, and post something meaningful.

Kai Hirogashi contemplating the meaning of Eye Candy.

Reach: Hello Kai, you ready to begin?

Kai: Yes I am, may we?

Reach: So what is a Kai Hirogashi? Or is that your real name?

Kai: Well, haha! My first name is Kai and surname is Hirogashi, it’s my real name of course.
I used to get teased a lot in school because of the Hiroshima that devastated Japan! Damn it....lol

Reach: So this crazy AoM thing. How did you discover it?

Kai: Age of Mythology? Ok where should we start? 6 or 7 years ago my friend gave me the game to play. I played through the campaigns and ended up in the editor where I started to make my own worlds I used to call it. Designing with the AoM units was amazing as well as being able to enlarge and turn, twist, flip anything! lol I agree when you say it’s crazy, it sure is!

Reach: What's your favorite thing to do in AoM?

Kai: Out of all AoM has to offer I enjoy designing the most, map design. Eye candy is my addiction...

Real Life Eye Candy

Reach: So what do you think of AoMH?

Kai: Ok, well AoMH I first discovered in 2006. I found it on google. The downloads section was a massive chest full of inspiration and imagination. I downloaded majority of files too!
I got into the Forums later on and yet again I was amazed at the community we have at AoMH. The Moderators are good at what they do especially Yeebaagooon. Must be his sense of humor! lol

Personally, I think that AoMH is full of wizs of the game! I had no idea what so ever about implementing Triggers. Fellow members of the community were very kind and helpful. Elrich in particular. My favorite designer is of course SwordofValor. He is an idol for AoM.

Reach: I hear you have a scenario design competition in the works at the moment, care to enlighten us all?

Kai: Well, sure. I had this idea a while ago but never came to do it. Finally managed to bring it out! It’s an RPG Tournament. You might want to check it out. There are some great prizes up there.

Reach: So will you *wink wink* like my entry for the competition *wink wink*? (Out Reach now had 5% less blatantly obvious corruption.)

Kai: hehe...I haven’t seen it yet

I’m sure all entries will be beautifully crafted. Imagination of many will be a rare treat to witness. I always thought it’s our imagination playing this game AoM that makes this community so different.

Reach: So what is your average day like?

Kai: Well it’s basically like a robots life. heh I get up every morning with the sun shining on my face. Have some milk and pray for my angel. I go into peak hour traffic at 7:45 am. I hate the city really sometimes I wish I could live in the country instead. So noisy! I get to work at 8:30 and off goes my day. I work at an import export company. My division handles international container transfers. Mainly from China and yes Japan! \{-_-}/!! My boss is fat and most of the time that I see him he is stuffing his face with food! 100kg + I think? hehe. I finish work at 5:30 am and head back home after McDonalds which I have a snack wrap every day. I get home to a cold and lonely emptiness. My life has changed dramatically due to the loss of my fiancé months ago. AoM gets my mind off things and it is my addiction like she was but sometimes reality can slap you in the face and throw you 6 feet deep. My angel, oh how I miss her reach, so much. I get the weekends off which gives me more time for AoM which is great! Do you call that average?

Reach: Wow Kai... that's really knocked me for six. I'm actually crying I hope you know how much everyone at AoMH loves you and all the work you do

Kai: I appreciate it, thanks. Life goes on man this world waits for no one.

Reach: Is there anything else you would like to say to the community?

Kai: Yes, I would like to say this. Keep going guys please don’t let this die! Oldies and Newbies alike if you see this then know that AoM is not dead but just come to life. So many talented people are working hard to unlock mysteries about it! Just wait and see

~Yahui, mata yume de aima shou~

Kai and his Angel

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Replies:
posted 03 August 2010 12:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 49  
lol....I actually thought he really did pray for an Angel till the end.
posted 03 August 2010 01:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 49  
Congrats.
Real sorry about your fiancee.

posted 03 August 2010 01:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 49  
Congrats Kai, certainly well deserved .

*Changes title*

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 03 August 2010 03:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 49  
Congratulations, Kai, you really deserved getting MoTM after all your hard work in Scenario Design. A very intresting interview too, good luck with life.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 03 August 2010 04:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 49  
@Kai: I am touched by your mention. I do find you an uncommon designer who really shows yourself in your work and I really appreciate you sharing pictures of your angel with us.

Congratulations and I'm glad you decided to stay and keep moving AOMH forward.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 03 August 2010 04:35 PM EDT (US)     6 / 49  
Congrats Kai. I like you as a member here for the kind atmosphere you bring, you make the place seem really nice and opening to new people. Good job man.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 03 August 2010 05:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 49  
Oh you're a pretty open minded guy eh? Didn't expect that ^.^ Now that's a slap in the face
Kai: I appreciate it, thanks. Life goes on man this world waits for no one.
Best quote ever!
Good luck with your upcoming maps and the competition. It's terrible to loose you're angel, i wish you luck and happyiness man. I found my own angel lately, i hope the flower will bloom like the beautiful sakura at your house!
It's always interesting reading ones life story, thanks for sharing it ^.^
Keep up the great work man it's eye opening.
posted 03 August 2010 05:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 49  
Indeed. Excellent quote.
posted 03 August 2010 07:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 49  
Hey, Good Job.
Bye.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 03 August 2010 08:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 49  
Congrats Kai, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 04 August 2010 00:00 AM EDT (US)     11 / 49  
Thankyou very much for the kind comments guys. I appreciate it greatly. Thankyou

|MEMORY|
posted 04 August 2010 03:44 AM EDT (US)     12 / 49  
Congrats Kai, I have been waiting for a while to see when you got MotM. Very much deserved.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 04 August 2010 04:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 49  
Congratulations on becoming Member of the Month, Kai.

And I'm sorry about your loss.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 04 August 2010 05:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 49  
Well deserved. Congratulations on being Member of the Month, Kai.

I'm glad AoM and AoMH can bring you some joy and distract you, even if only briefly, from your sorrow.

My condolences on the loss of your angel.
posted 04 August 2010 05:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 49  
Pubby's post confuses me.

Conga-rats!

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 04 August 2010 05:26 PM EDT (US)     16 / 49  
posted 04 August 2010 07:48 PM EDT (US)     17 / 49  
I'm liking those thumb rings

you're a cool guy dude
posted 04 August 2010 10:22 PM EDT (US)     18 / 49  
I'm sorry to hear that, Kai.

How was she taken away from you?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Gandalf - JRR Tolkein. The Fellowship of the Ring
posted 04 August 2010 10:35 PM EDT (US)     19 / 49  
Poison envelopes.
posted 04 August 2010 11:56 PM EDT (US)     20 / 49  
pubby do not talk like that ever again!do not joke about such things! OK! grow up!

Yahui had a poor heart but it was big enough to turn my life and turn in just the way she did. i love her and forever i will, endlessly.

|MEMORY|
posted 05 August 2010 00:01 AM EDT (US)     21 / 49  
posted 05 August 2010 03:43 AM EDT (US)     22 / 49  
Congratulations Kai, a well deserved prize.
Sorry for your loss aswell, that's terrible to hear.

1. Perfection is impossible.
2. Nothing is impossible.
3. There are always exceptions.
posted 05 August 2010 08:32 AM EDT (US)     23 / 49  
pubby sometimes your a real dick you know.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 05 August 2010 08:59 AM EDT (US)     24 / 49  
indeed, it was really childish

good job on having the MoTM kai, you're probably one of the oldest members still designing right now and a great asset to the community, keep it on

and sorry for your fiancé

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
posted 05 August 2010 10:57 AM EDT (US)     25 / 49  
pubby wtf is wrong with you, posting pictures of chris brown(who beat rihanna allegedly) and seinfeld(Where the wife died licking cheap poison envelopes from wedding invitations)

Kai you honor me too much. As always, you deserve what you have made for yourself.

Cheers

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames