You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: August 2010
posted 01 September 2010 05:43 AM EDT (US)   
This month we give tribute to a relatively new member of AoMH straight from the great halls of scenario design. It's Tasterix!

TasterixYeebaagooon: Welcome. You jumped out of nowhere quite recently into the world of SD as an accomplished scenario designer, so how did you start and how did you get so good?
Tasterix: Firstly, hello everyone ! I am pleased to be a member of the month on AoMH. I have to say that I didn't think I could be one and I must say thanks to everyone who support me during the whole time I have been here, trying to revive the old-fashioned roleplay games. Fortunately most of the best designers are doing some nice RPGs and I can't resist quoting Sword of Valor's HalfBlood map or also Oscar Baldessari's Adventurers.

Well, how did I start, eh ? It's true I'm on AoMH since a short time but I used to play AoM and AoMT over five years. I started with the non-expansion game and discovered some what I find fun games like End of Heroes or Sims (Yah, I know, Sims isn't a good reference but when I played it it was the first version of it and it was kinda fun doing cities inside walls and building up alliances, the first ones were the best, to sadly it became too easy to gather resources in the following Sims on AoMT... But never mind ! xD). After this I decided to make my own scenarios.

So I started by retaking the main idea of Sims and renamed it Sims 2 (to be fair). I also made End of heroes 2 and the EoH 3 (non-expansion maps, I lost all of them). As you can see, I always made new stuff from old ones, without editing of course ! (Even if I think sometimes some famous maps really deserve to be edited, even mine should be edited (of course, an edit on the good way, modifying triggers and solving bugs, not just adding some stupid hills everywhere ^^)). In brief ! I don't say I became as good as everyone seems to claim, all I do is improving myself day by day, finding new ways to make cool things and clean stuffs.

Phew... I'll try to make shorter reply

Yeebaagooon:You also seem to have an art for showcasing too, did you just pick that up?
Tasterix: Oh yeah ! Showcasing ^^" In fact it comes from a French website called "Site du Zero" where everyone can learn for free how to use HTML, CSS, PHP etc. Thanks to SdZ but the way where I spent most of my time when I was younger. And I'm also the administrator of roleplaying forum based on a high quality writing. Therefore it's a priority for me to typeset some clear and detailed messages. Then I take a few ideas here and there (background image of my last showcase for example, is a similar idea from Bartholomeus showcase I seen). And I really like to be perfect and organized, it helps me to appreciate the work I do in AoM designing.

Yeebaagooon:Have you had any good experiences on ESO lately?
Tasterix: I clearly spend a huge part of my time on ESO. For me, it's the best way to meet new people and learn new things. I mean, on AoMH, it's a website linked with a forum and there are some amazing things. But on ESO, it's more social. You talk to the people directly and can have some funny conversations. I remember when I was on holidays last year sometimes it took me 5 or 6 hours playing a WRP map with friends and having a really good deliria. But I also had some bad moments like everyone. For example, invitations spams, some 999 spamming noobs that wanted me to learn them how I did maps... yeah... Some bad moments -_-"

Yeebaagooon:What do you think of your previous maps?
Tasterix: Haha ! I don't really like my old maps. In fact I'm never satisfied with my maps. They always need some new additions and embellishments. Even the new Age of Memories Online game I'm doing (renamed Children of Memories), will require a change when it will be done. Nothing is perfect. Never !

Yeebaagooon:This new RPG you are designing certainly looks promising. Can you tell us more about it?
Tasterix: Yeah sure ! CoM is a game I wanted to make quite a long time but I didn't had the capacity to do it. I used to always create new things. And I myself created a role play on paper that I play on my free times with my old friends. I am a worshiper of role playing and especially love The Elder Scroll III, Morrowind. CoM is based on the Elder Scroll series system. But you know, it's hard to make something as huge as this game. And equalizing 16 different classes of heroes isn't that easy.

Yeebaagooon:What is your average day like?
Tasterix: Sex, drugs and rock'n'roll ! Shall I tell more ? XD No seriously, I have the basic French student's life. Living in a bedsit, going on the university to learn useless things, finishing my day on the pub with my comrades. Yeah... An awesome French student life in fact

Yeebaagooon:So what's it like driving on the wrong side of the road ?
Tasterix: Oh my god it's like eating cheese with coffee ! But seriously, we have to thank our little emperor Napoleon for having change the world during his reign. And all this because he wanted to spread his anti-English ideas and having a better strategic attack. But do not worry ! There will come a day when we all will drive on the right side of the road !

Yeebaagooon:What are your plans for the future?
Tasterix: I plan to finish my studies and then enter any job related with ecology. You know, being one of those scientist who has always insisted exploring the world in search of new things. Seeing the world, seeing landscapes, virgin of humanity, exploring green regions like Peru, Mongolia, Amazon, New Zealand, Tropical Forest, etc... getting away from civilization that makes us sick every day. Helping people in need, trying to pick up the shit of our multinationals, pick up the filth of our beggar-thy policy in underdeveloped countries... Yeah... that's how I see my future.

Yeebaagooon: What do you hope will happen in some far distant jungle when you're there?
Tasterix: I'll smoke drugs and would play tam-tam with indigenous XD

Yeebaagooon:Any last words for us?
Tasterix: "O for a voice like thunder, and a tongue
To drown the throat of war ! - When the senses
Are shaken, and the soul is driven to madness,
Who can stand ? When the souls of the oppressed
Fight in the troubled air that rages, who can stand ?
When the whirlwind of fury comes from the
Throne of God, when the frowns of his countenance
Drive the nations together, who can stand ?
When Sin claps his broad wings over the battle,
And sails rejoicing in the flood of Death ;
When souls are torn to everlasting fire,
And fiends of Hell rejoice upon the slain,
O who can stand ? O who hath caused this ?
O who can answer at the throne of God ?
The Kings and Nobles of the Land have done it !
Hear it not, Heaven, thy Ministers have done it !"

Yeebaagooon:Thank you .
Tasterix: Thank you very much ! Always keep the smile !

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 September 2010 09:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Congratulations. Next member of the month needs to be Tobelix.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 09-01-2010 @ 10:00 AM).]

posted 01 September 2010 03:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
haha! i think it should be Majic_dodo!

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 01 September 2010 05:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Nice, my fellow WRPer

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 01 September 2010 05:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
Talking about a quicky lol, congratulations Tasterix
posted 01 September 2010 09:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Congratulations.

posted 02 September 2010 12:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Congratulations
Your comics are really fun and this interview was too in some parts.

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: August 2010
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames