You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: November 2010
posted 30 November 2010 04:17 AM EDT (US)   
So we ran out of people.

Out Reach: Hello James, are you ready to begin?

The Artist formally known as James Hook: Circle

It's a 5 year old picture of James Hook!

Out Reach: What in your opinion is so great about AoM?

The Artist formally known as James Hook: Well, ever since I was really young, I used to play it. As far as I can remember, it was probably one of the first games I've ever played, and I still find it to be one of the best games today. From the amazing music, to the flawless and emotional voice-acting, to the powerful campaign, it truly is a masterpiece of the game. I believe all of these qualities and more can attribute to the fact to the game's popularity even today.

Out Reach: What brought you to AoMH?

The Artist formally known as James Hook: I remember, all those winters ago, when one of my friends on ESO said, "Hey Hook! There's this awesome sight I found where you can turn Hopites into Star Wars Androids!" And from that moment on, I fell in love with the site, constantly downloading mods and awesome stuff. Eventually, I discovered the forums and lurked a bit. My first post when in Yeeb's Ripto thread in Scenario Design. It looked too good to resist! Good times. What must've kept me posting there until now is how awesome the community in general is, and the popularity of such an old game still amazes me even today.

Out Reach: Who are your favorite people at AoMH?

The Artist formally known as James Hook: I must say, I've grown a very strong attachment to a lot of people in the community. I was surprised to see that, although not everyone was very affable at first, many people at AoMH are intelligent, productive, and hilarious. Many of my best friends at AoMH I also have on Steam, such as Kora, Henrz, and especially Shanks. Me and Shanks have a special bond that cannot be described in words. I never really liked a man by the name of Out Watch or something like that. He seemed like a strange bugger to me.

Hey guys lets all go play tf2! ... this image clearly wasn't thought out by hook when he gave it me.

Out Reach: So I hear your a moderator or something now...?

The Artist formally known as James Hook: Yah, I've been moderating Spore Heaven for a while now along with Henrz. I must say, it's been a very fun experience working with Yeeb. We do a lot of work, but it's fun to be the foundation of a forum and see how it works from the inside, such as setting up events and coding things(which I'm terrible at ). I haven't really done any real moderating, though, besides banning a smurf of Ienzo, who, ironically, is one of my best friends on Steam. . WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY, I MUST SAY.

Out Reach: What was that thing you told me to ask you about?

The Artist formally known as James Hook: Well, it's fairly obvious to everyone here that I'm devilishly funny and handsome. After reading Cracked ( an amazing humor-based website) for a long while, I decided, "Hey, these guys aren't that funny, I could totally do better!" So, I started writing my own article called "Top 6 Video Games (that will creep the hell out of you)", and posted it at DoFH. So far I've gotten almost all positive feedback from it and people seem to enjoy it a lot. Progress on it is slow, as I have a lot of school work, and it's surprisingly difficult to write something like this; it may appear to be just mindless humor, but it's hardly so. I hope to finish it sometime around the Christmas holidays, and I may even submit it to Cracked itself if I get around to it with enough positive criticism. Who knows, maybe I'll be accepted as a writer there! Definitely something on my dream list. If you'd like to read the article, GO HERE You know you want to.

cracked!

Out Reach: What is your average day like?

The Artist formally known as James Hook: I wake up in the morning feelin' like P-Didd- No wait, that's not right. On an average school day, I am awakened at around 6:30 in the morning, get ready, eat breakfast, and go to school. After acing every assignment that they can possibly come up with, I return home at around 4 and pretty much hang around playing games on Steam for the rest of the day. Every so often I go out to see movies and stuff with friends too, but I can't say I have a very exciting life . Twice a week I have Karate Kick-boxing in which I am a brown-belt in as well. It's fun, useful, and keeps me in shape, and I love doing it.

Out Reach: Is there anything else you'd like to say to the community?

The Artist formally known as James Hook: I LOVE YOU SHANKS <3

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Replies:
posted 30 November 2010 04:23 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
Congratulations hook. *points at self vigouresly while holding motm for December sign*

~~~~~~ My Work | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Mods ~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Scenarios ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ Analysis | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Also my Website ~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~
ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ
posted 30 November 2010 06:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
Gratz Hook.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 30 November 2010 10:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
Congratulations, Mr. Ryan. You really grew from noob to hated to cool because you were hated to just cool. Good luck with your article. last I read it, you were about halfway finished. I'll look at again.

Brilliant piercing questions, pres. nobayeeg: "Out Reach: What was that thing you told me to ask you about?"

another artist formerly known as something...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 30 November 2010 02:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
Quality Journalism here folks.

Out Reach
posted 30 November 2010 03:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
I like how you think of me as one of your best friends ;D.
Many of my best friends at AoMH I also have on Steam, such as Kora, Henrz
;p.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 30 November 2010 03:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
flawless and emotional voice-acting
I LOVE YOU SHANKS <3
<3 u 2

posted 30 November 2010 03:58 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
Thanks everyone.
last I read it, you were about halfway finished. I'll look at again.
I'm still around there. I haven't had a chance to continue writing it in a while, but I'll get around to it as I've said. I tend to stop writing for long periods of time, as sometimes I need the idea to come to me.
<3 u 2
<3

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 30 November 2010 05:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
So we ran out of people.
I would like to complain about the about of corruption in the member of the month selection process.
posted 30 November 2010 05:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
I would like to complain about the about of corruption in the member of the month selection process.
I agree

[GIF, (1.24 MB)]

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 11-30-2010 @ 05:38 PM).]

posted 30 November 2010 05:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
As said, James Hook will never get MOTM, and myself and Reach pride ourselves on this stringent fact. Andrew Ryan on the other hand....

Congrats Hook . Well deserved and I've got to give this a good read tomorrow.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 30 November 2010 07:22 PM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
If you feel someone else deserves the MotM send your ANGRY E-MAIL RANTS to reach268@hotmail.com

Cos literally we ran out of people. I have no idea who to do next.

Out Reach
posted 30 November 2010 07:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
BRIGHTPUP FOR MOTM
posted 30 November 2010 10:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
other people post here too you corrupt prudes

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 01 December 2010 02:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
Just because somebody posts here doesn't mean they deserve MOTM.

Congratulations Hook Ryan, certainly about time.

1. Perfection is impossible.
2. Nothing is impossible.
3. There are always exceptions.
posted 01 December 2010 04:05 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
Ack, I've been remortalized

Ah well... Congratz
posted 01 December 2010 05:22 PM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
I wake up in the morning feelin' like P-Didd- No wait, that's not right.
THAT WAS MY MOTM JOKE YOU DICK

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 02 December 2010 03:45 PM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
A while since I checked in here... OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
posted 02 December 2010 03:55 PM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
nice one Mr. Hook
posted 02 December 2010 04:42 PM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
-Invokes Meteor SPC Godpower at Hook's picture- happy now SirThobus?
posted 03 December 2010 04:57 AM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
*Quickly places shielded Isis monument in topic*

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 03 December 2010 12:13 PM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
Dude! You're a unibrow!

Congratulations, have a happy 'you month'.

I'm on Steam too these days, but I need high speed just to sign in. I'm 'Orgler_Hammerhands'.

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 12-03-2010 @ 12:17 PM).]

posted 03 December 2010 12:19 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
MONOBROW .

posted 03 December 2010 03:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
Dude! You're a unibrow!
I used to have one, yah. But thankfully I grew out of it.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: November 2010
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames