Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: September 2011
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 30 September 2011 05:24 AM EDT (US)   
With the contest running to find Yeebaagooons replacement, I had to make sure not to interview someone an entrant might interview. It would have made their interview unusable. Also it would clearly highlight the differences between our writing styles, especially if they did a better job then me.

Alternatively I could award it to someone who had won previously but that would totally ruin Yeebaagooon and mines record of being the only people to win it multiple times.

And So I'll do a joke MotM. Admittedly I did a Joke MotM in July. SO I REALLY REALLY WILL INTERVIEW A REAL HUMAN IN NOVEMBER. Unless Skyrim is awesome.... but that's a totally different problem.

I've not done a scenario design MotM in a while. But I think this months winner has probably been the single greatest contributor to scenario design ever. Greater then all the triggers nottud has released! Greater then the genius story telling of Oscar! Greater then that guy who released that map in the place! I am of course talking about the ever present entity who appears in every scenario... well at least when the scenario starts a new.

I am of course talking about, the one, the only, Grass Type A.

Grass Type A has been an issue of great contention over the years. Is it acceptable to use Grass type A to represent grass in your map? Or should you strive to utilize alternative terrains such as the infamous grassdirt25?

Can a map truly achieve greatness if it contains Grass Type A?

Maps have made claims of their size, and the fact that they include no Grass Type A, for years as a sign of the quality of their map design.

Still despite all it's negative press, Grass Type A is always there for us. Ever willing to cover the land, and be the foundations of all our great works.

One of the finest instances of Grass Type A use ever by Elrich

And so today we shall celebrate it. To Grass Type A, the single greatest contributor to scenario design ever.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by President Nooogaabeey (edited 09-30-2011 @ 05:26 AM).]

Replies:
posted 30 September 2011 06:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 66  
Congratulations on being a non-member MotM, Grass Type A, love you or hate you, you've been a part of AoM from the beginning.
posted 30 September 2011 07:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 66  
Well done grass but I think it would have been nice if you said something.

[This message has been edited by scragins (edited 09-30-2011 @ 07:50 AM).]

posted 30 September 2011 09:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 66  
Unless Skyrim is awesome
Muhahahahahha
posted 30 September 2011 09:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 66  
You know grass A is just a victim of society and for what crime?
Being willing to cover our entire map for us without having to be asked when we first start a scenario? I think we all know what the map would look like if there wasn't grass A all over it. Hello red green blue checkerboard.

Yes Grass A was my inspiration for that picture. I just looked at the subtle patterns of green and a tear came to my eye. What could be more beautiful than just this? I felt that only a lonely log had the right to sit upon that majestic field and contemplate its existence in a sea of such perfection.

*slow clap while an anthem plays in the background*
Congratulations, Grass A, you terrain hero, on being this month's TotM.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 30 September 2011 09:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 66  
Congrats!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 30 September 2011 10:38 AM EDT (US)     6 / 66  
Someone go make a grass a smurf.
posted 30 September 2011 10:39 AM EDT (US)     7 / 66  
Yes Grass A was my inspiration for that picture. I just looked at the subtle patterns of green and a tear came to my eye. What could be more beautiful than just this? I felt that only a lonely log had the right to sit upon that majestic field and contemplate its existence in a sea of such perfection.
I almost cried that was so beautiful.
posted 30 September 2011 10:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 66  
Okay so what about our entries for the competition?

posted 30 September 2011 10:46 AM EDT (US)     9 / 66  
check the competition thread...

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 30 September 2011 05:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 66  
Grass B is realistic. Use that.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 30 September 2011 05:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 66  
Someone go make a grass a smurf.
I logged out, but I thought about the Gravatar step. It would have been too long to do, so I re-logged in
And So I'll do a joke MotM. Admittedly I did a Joke MotM in July. SO I REALLY REALLY WILL INTERVIEW A REAL HUMAN IN NOVEMBER.
WE WANT HUMANS MUHANS MUTANS FOR NEXT MOTM NOT WEEDS

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 30 September 2011 08:45 PM EDT (US)     12 / 66  
Grass A has been the starting point for all great scenarios, so well done!

Now to remove your title, Mr Hades .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 30 September 2011 10:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 66  
congrats... grass!

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 03 October 2011 11:56 PM EDT (US)     14 / 66  
Congrassulations

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 04 October 2011 00:23 AM EDT (US)     15 / 66  
Very funny Blatant.
posted 04 October 2011 00:32 AM EDT (US)     16 / 66  
It's nice that we can weed out such good MotM's.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 04 October 2011 01:37 AM EDT (US)     17 / 66  
This is the part where a user named Grass A suddenly pops up.

<3
posted 04 October 2011 10:24 AM EDT (US)     18 / 66  
Hi.
posted 04 October 2011 10:41 AM EDT (US)     19 / 66  
hey

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 04 October 2011 12:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 66  
How are you Grass A? How do you feel about never being used in finished Scenarios?
posted 04 October 2011 12:37 PM EDT (US)     21 / 66  
Thank you all for the congrassulations, finally I get the credit I deserve.

Also, I was very touched by Elrich's post, he once again proves to have a special understanding of my situation in AoM. He even understands my special relationship to the log.
Log completes me in a way that no one else is capable of, not even my own family. (Grass B may be my younger brother, but sometimes I can't help hating him for getting all the attention.)

Elrich, you have brought so much into my life, and I can't thank you enough. I love you man, I love you.
How are you Grass A? How do you feel about never being used in finished Scenarios?
Good, thank you. Especially now that I've been chosen as member of the month.

To answer your question, well it can be hard sometimes. The worst time was when the Epic Terrain pack came out, I actually had suicidal thoughts back then. Sure, I can live with getting replaced by the other terrains, but modded away and replaced by some fancy new texture? That's harsh.

But I managed to move on, and nowadays I'm happy with most of the scenarios that are made. I'm often allowed to stay in some testing area or a part where the designer forgets to replace me, so it's OK.

But all this have raised my self-confidence, and I feel that I can take more place in the designer community now.

[This message has been edited by Grass A (edited 10-04-2011 @ 12:48 PM).]

posted 04 October 2011 12:43 PM EDT (US)     22 / 66  
Ridonkulous thread...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Gandalf - JRR Tolkein. The Fellowship of the Ring
posted 04 October 2011 12:49 PM EDT (US)     23 / 66  
Ridonkulous thread...
And who are you if I may ask?

[This message has been edited by Grass A (edited 10-04-2011 @ 12:50 PM).]

posted 04 October 2011 12:54 PM EDT (US)     24 / 66  
Don't care about Nirwanda, no one likes him anyway.

And congratulations to the MoTM!

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
posted 04 October 2011 01:00 PM EDT (US)     25 / 66  
Aha Grass A... your nearly the same colour as me

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: September 2011
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames