You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of The Month: December 2011
posted 02 January 2012 12:02 PM EDT (US)   
Today's member was very secretive about his identity, he said he must keep his face shrouded in shadow. So, today, Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Guard of Osiris!

Yes, that is Guard of Osiris for all you who wanted to know. He's the one on the left.

Vox Nihili:Alright, are you ready to begin?

Guard of Osiris:Ready.

Vox Nihili:Alright then. Merry Christmas

Guard of Osiris:Indeed, Merry Christmas to you as well!

Vox Nihili:Well, Osiris Boukary, as our illustrious MOTM perhaps you would like to share how you found AOMH.

Guard of Osiris: Well, the first time I played AoM was when I was 12 I think. I used to play a lot, but I was a total noob, I had trouble beating the campaign on easy, I didn't know about triggers, etc. Then, my friend Guard of Olympus showed me this website he had found while searching for AoM online. At first, I just lurked in the downloads section, but eventually, I started to post in SD.

Vox Nihili:Well, I must say, that is far more noble than coming here for cheats. XD I understand you did some work for the CASTWCRT Triggers team. Could you explain that to those of us who don't frequent SD, it looks like a quite ambitious attempt at the "abolishment of simple triggers"

Guard of Osiris:It started off when I was a bit tired of just designing maps, so I decided to try trigger programming. I remember that Olympus, lostrozzacavalli, and I started spamming the Trigger Request Thread, so the SD oldies got pissed at us and told us to create a thread for our discussions. We had thought out the name CASTWCRT some time earlier, which as you might know stands for...
..."Confederation of Abolishment of Simple Triggers so We Can Redo Them". In the beginning it was just Olympus, lostro, and I, but then Jack, Winston, Perpetual, and Kai Hirogashi joined. Eventually, we became pretty good at scripting triggers (well, not me, I was pretty much there only to test for bugs and to update the thread's main post ) and after a few months we released a pack...
...which is full of very many useful triggers. Our thread managed to grow to 37 pages, and lostro for example has become one of the leading trigger scripters at AoMH, so even though I wasn't the one who contributed the most, I still feel proud that we created something that had a pretty big impact on trigger scripting.

Vox Nihili:As you should be! However, I notice that you still post more in HOV, what made you become a hard core SDer to at least a casual member of the HOV

Guard of Osiris:Well, it started when my AoM disc broke, plus the one map I was working on had some sort of triggerlock,. I had been working on it for a long time, so I kind of lost all my motivation. Even though I managed to get my AoM disc replaced it felt like my drive to design had pretty much died. I started posting at the HoV long before that, however, but I was just the typical SD lurker who posted like once a week only and was afraid that he might get trolled whenever he posted.

When I stopped designing I needed another place to get my daily +1's () so I started posting in the HoV more often. I also started posting at other heavens, mainly SpH and DoFH. I still post in SD every now and then, and still occasionally pick up my AoM disc and start playing, but I've given up designing, at least for the foreseeable future. I've seen myself as a HoV'er for maybe the last one and a half year or so, because 90 % of my AoMH posts are made there, but I'm still an SD'er deep down inside though, like almost all other HoV'ers.

Vox Nihili:Unlike me. I think I had one month where I designed for AOM, but alas, AOK's editor was all I had the patience for.
Well, despite you not designing or playing much anymore can you still say that AOM holds a special place in your heart? And more importantly, your shelf?

Guard of Osiris:Indeed, AoM is one of the games I grew up with, along with Mario Kart. (Ah, the golden days of the gamecube ) As for the shelf bit, my AoM is currently lying there collecting dust on my desk...

*wipes off dust*
*places AoM in shelf*
It's... glorious...

What a shelf. There is our favorite game. *cries*

Vox Nihili:My copy has seen better days, the box is so mangled. I have it seated in all its used honor.
So moving away from your virtual life, what things interest you other than AOM?

Guard of Osiris:Apart from the obvious video gaming, I like to chill with friends, play football, listen to music, watch TV, you name it. My interests aren't really that unique. I like to play table tennis, though, it's pretty big here in Sweden. When I was young I used to be pretty decent, I won a couple of tournaments, but now I sometimes get beaten by kids five years younger than me.

The instrument of the world class table tennis champion.
Vox Nihili:A world champion of table tennis? :O

So, taking your interests into account what's a normal day for you?

Guard of Osiris:I usually wake up at around 7, eat breakfast and shower, then I go to school, which normally is between 8.30 and 3 pm. After school I usually log on to AoMH, () check my mail and facebook, and that kind of stuff. If I don't have any homework to do I play video games, except for in summer when I'm outside playing football a lot. On the weekends, I usually wake up at around 10-ish, and then...
...I usually hang out with my friends most of the weekend. It's the normal teenage life basically...

Vox Nihili:Doesn't sound too bad, do you have any hopes or dreams for the future?

Guard of Osiris:I don't have any specific dreams for the future, as a kid I always wanted to be a professional football player, but I realised long ago that I'm completely rubbish and wouldn't stand a chance. I think some job with a lot of independence would be nice, something where you could be your own boss and decide what to do. But my main objective is to become president of the earth within 15 years.

Vox Nihili:Good luck, once there I hope you promote all the members of Ensemble studios to high places and give them Microsoft.
Any chance?

Guard of Osiris: Never say never... If I become president of the earth, my first thing to do would be to reopen Ensemble Studios and order them to create AoM 2, dedicated to you guys

Vox Nihili:Well, we all wish you well in your endeavors Guard of Osiris.
Moving on to a few quick ones, do you have favorite band you would like to recommend to us?

Guard of Osiris: Well, I mostly listen to rap from the 90's, and I don't think that there are a lot of people at HG that share my taste in music, but if I had to recommend a band it would be Gang Starr, they usually have a nice jazzy groove which doesn't sound at all like the hip hop music you hear today.

Vox Nihili:*scribbles band name to look up later*
Any book/piece of media that you think we should all read?

Guard of Osiris: I'm currently reading the fourth book of the inheritance cycle, it's a fairly good book. It might not be in my all time Top-10 list, but if you've read the other three books in the series I suggest you buy it ASAP.

Vox Nihili: Ok then, Is there any other forummer that you would like to drag into the spotlight with you? Someone you especially like talking to, whether it be on or off the forum?

Guard of Osiris: All my CASTWCRT buddies first obviously, but then there are lots of other people that I think are good forummers, most people in the HoV except for a few of you, (You know who you are bitches) many AoKH'ers, especially the mafia-playing ones, (Yes that includes you Viper) and then the DoFH'ers, like Blatant and Mole and whoever I have not mentioned.

Damn that list is pretty long, I should...
...do this in advance the next time I have to hold an epic victory speech

Vox Nihili:You dragged the whole forum onto the stage with you, there isn't enough room! D:

Well, before we wrap up do you have any special plans over the glorious holiday season?

Guard of Osiris: Not really, no, I'll probably get some nice video games for Christmas that I will play 24/7, but other than that I guess I'll try to be outside in the wonderful snow whenever I get tired of being indoors.

Vox Nihili:Nice, anything you would like to shout out to the community before we wrap up?

Guard of Osiris: I guess this is the place where you announce your epic 3000x3000 map which will be the most epic scenario ever created, but unfortunately my "Epic AoM scenario" folder is emptier than... um... an empty glass of water. So I guess I will have to go with the standard " I LOVE YOU GAIS OMGWTFBBQ <3*cop* *wall* *kiss* <333333"

Vox Nihili:I love you to...
sorta...
Well, thank you for your time Boukary!
Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!
Guard of Osiris: Cheers Viper, Merry Christmas and happy new year to all of you

[This message has been edited by King Blatant VII (edited 01-02-2012 @ 09:39 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02 January 2012 12:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
nice interview. The first picture isn't working(referal denied or something)

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
posted 02 January 2012 12:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
Congratulations, Guard of Osiris!

Great to see another CASTWCRTer get MoTM.
posted 02 January 2012 01:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
Who's that? Congratulations anyway

jk
posted 02 January 2012 03:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
Grattis, Osiris !
Who's that?

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 02 January 2012 04:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
Thanks guys!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 02 January 2012 04:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
<3 Osiris

Edit: Also Coldviper I edited the OP to make the picture show up, hope you don't mind.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by King Blatant VII (edited 01-02-2012 @ 04:13 PM).]

posted 02 January 2012 06:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
So many emoticons. I think it's a connect the dot...
posted 02 January 2012 06:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
jk
Btw, personal photo fail, now we still don't know what he looks like
posted 02 January 2012 09:10 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25  
Well done but I still only see a question mark in a blue square as the first picture.
posted 02 January 2012 09:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
Emoticon level is too damn high.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 02 January 2012 09:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
Can anyone news this? And can Shanks give Guard of Osiris his custom title?
posted 02 January 2012 09:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
Well done but I still only see a question mark in a blue square as the first picture.
It messed up again for me too, and fixed on about the 6th time I pasted the same exact link and previewed. ****ing internet.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by King Blatant VII (edited 01-02-2012 @ 09:44 PM).]

posted 02 January 2012 10:01 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
Emoticon level is too damn high.
What you can't handle 13 ''s in one post?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 02 January 2012 11:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
Funny, I could see it the whole time, still can.
posted 03 January 2012 06:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
If you get the blue square, right click and copy the url.

Open a new tab and paste the url (hit enter to see it too).

When you refresh the page the image should now show.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 03 January 2012 10:19 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
Congratulations Sir Osiris!

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 03 January 2012 01:44 PM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
Where is teh lolhades news man.
posted 05 January 2012 09:43 AM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
Congratz Osiris! Man gratulerar!

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
posted 05 January 2012 12:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
Dolhades needs a bump.
posted 05 January 2012 12:52 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
Thanks again guys!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 05 January 2012 06:44 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
Congratulations GoO ! You deserved it !

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 05 January 2012 07:02 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
Thanks again euroq

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 06 January 2012 11:12 AM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
Oh yeah! Congratulations! It was bound to happen

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 06 January 2012 11:18 AM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
About the nice snow though...

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 07 January 2012 04:59 AM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
That picture is much better than the blue square.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of The Month: December 2011
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: