You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of the Month: September 2014
posted 30 September 2014 02:00 PM EDT (US)   
We take a closer look at this new green bloke who could eventually wind up replacing me.
No, not yet, back down and clean the chimney again.

Yeebaagooon: Let's get straight to business. What on earth is your new name about?
Thangbrand Aesirear: Well, back when I first joined AoMH I named myself "aom expert' to let people know I was there if they needed me. It was like that for a while. I was happy with it. As the years went by the need for an actual identity grew, being that I was getting more involved. For a while I didn't realize there was a name change day, so when I found out, I did something extremely fancy... I added a "the" and became "the" aom expert."
...eventually I got tired of that. A Hersir is my favorite unit in AoM. I opened up the list of names, and used my initials (TAE) to come up with Thangbrand Aesir ear, using the first name in each part of the list.

Yeebaagooon: YOUR NAME IS NO LONGER SILLY IT MEANS SOMETHING! REJOICE! How did you first get in to AoM?
Thangbrand Aesirear: A sibling had introduced it to me back in 2004. We always liked the Age Of series and wanted to give it a shot. We ended up getting it for Christmas. In the beginning all I really did was fool around like most of us - cheats, the campaign, oh and more cheats. It wasn't until later I started learning the editor, around the same time I found out about AoMH. I wasn't even on eso at this point because we had dial-up at the time and I guess us kids never bothered. Once I hit it online the entire experience changed. I played a massive ton of custom scenarios, never really went for supremacy. With the combination of AoMH and eso I began learning at a rapid pace.

Yeebaagooon: So I take it AoM is your favourite game? Does anything else even come close?
Thangbrand Aesirear: No. I've played a few games on and off down the years, but nothing compares to AoM. I also consider myself an old school gamer. Virtually all the games I've played or like to play are from the early 2000s. I like the simple approach that they take. Plus my computer is from 2004, but runs like a steam engine for the games of its time.

Yeebaagooon: What do you think of the extended edition release?
Thangbrand Aesirear: Speaking of a "steam engine", the extended edition is what it is - a reintroduced multiplayer world with a complete overhaul of the game's graphics and now current dev support. The thing with the EE is, you need newish hardware to support the changes that are based on current machines. So for people like me, that would mean putting out some dollars for a hardware or an OS change, if I want decent performance. I have Windows 8 on my laptop, but it's not meant for gaming. Windows XP is on my main machine. And yes, I like old school. Still, you'll find me playing a game or two sometimes on Steam, but I mostly play on GameRanger. I also support the gameplay updates that the Steam version has going for it.

Yeebaagooon: And what lead you to the hallowed halls of AoMH?
Thangbrand Aesirear: What else? A google search, and on something all of us serious designers are probably familiar with - the greyed customize objects button in the editor. I can't remember if it was this that led me here, or it led me to another site which got me to AoMH. All I remember is a website with a picture of Aragorn on the front page and it was some type of clan, which eventually moved. I think Dnas was in there and they were part of the same group that made Legends of the Third Age.

Yeebaagooon: What has been your most enjoyable moment in AoM and at AoMH?
Thangbrand Aesirear: Wow, hard question...
Gimme a sec...
For AoM, it would have to be when I finally got on eso, and Kai's 2010 rpg competition was nice. It was my first real challenge as a designer. Up until then I just asked and answered questions about the editor.

Yeebaagooon: What is it like working for the most evil tyrannical seraph HG could throw at you?
Thangbrand Aesirear: I just wanna say this - I respect you and all, you're a good boss, just don't make me clean the chimney again please.
ur mah idol. An evil tyrant that I look up to, ever since my first days around AoMH. You really deserve three times the credit you've gotten for everything you've given.

Yeebaagooon: Tell us about this thing known as 'real life'.
Thangbrand Aesirear: Real life for me has been an inconsistent journey, with many hard seasons. I try not to think about them. But the good times in life always outweigh the bad, and I can say I've had quite fun.
I was homeschooled for most of my childhood, so that meant more time on AoM . My favorite subjects were math and english.
We moved around the same time I started going to high school, to finish my last two years. Now I'm in college, or... was... a family-related ordeal changed many things.
AoM and AoMH has always been an outlet for me when I needed an escape. I basically considered it part of my real life. I guess I still do, but I wouldn't say that now.

Yeebaagooon: What do you plan on after you finish college?
Thangbrand Aesirear: The entertainment business. The creativity, showmanship, and skill is all there, I'm just working on trying to find an outlet, or my "niche". I would love to go into employment for myself, or find a job where I can expand on my arts.

Yeebaagooon: Where do you see AoM/AoMH going in the foreseeable future?
Thangbrand Aesirear: If the Steam version keeps getting updates, and computers become futuristic, I could see AoM making a strong comeback... but we need loyal fans. I think the reason the original version is still going is because it's dumb easy to support on any machine, aside from the epicness it possesses. I've talked to people that have been playing AoM for years, and they are also supporters of old school games. But if this EE is going to be our mothership for AoM, players may have to break away from their current setups and invest in quality hardware or machines. ...Or the devs need to keep those updates coming to up performance.
The future of AoMH is all based on the community's activity. I've seen many oldies come back since the EE and that is great. I believe AoMH will grow alongside the EE, and just as much as it does. Though, the most important thing is encouraging each other to be involved in AoMH, and AoM itself, and I believe at AoMH we all have the power to do that.

Yeebaagooon: Excellent. You have done well my young padawan.

-MoTM

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 11-15-2014 @ 11:44 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01 October 2014 04:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
...but are you familiar with javascript?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 01 October 2014 04:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Guitar player.

<3

[This message has been edited by Nanodude (edited 10-01-2014 @ 04:21 AM).]

posted 03 October 2014 10:12 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Congratulations....Aom..Thang.....hmm...I still can't quite get settled with your new name

it makes me feel like the Tick:

This is a well deserved award, for sure, and we are all lucky to have you around...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 15 November 2014 09:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Sweet! I'm home schooled too! Never got to college though...
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of the Month: September 2014
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames