You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of The Month: December 2014
posted 01 January 2015 08:30 AM EDT (US)   
Greetings, mortals. MoTM returns and this time we find out a little more about Zenophobia. He's a well known scenario designer who has risen through the ranks of respect very quickly due to his inventive use of triggers, concepts and eyecandy. He is also our glorious Hocus Pocus 2014 winner!

Yeebaagooon: Welcome. You have come a long way in the world of AoM, how was starting out?
Zenophobia: Starting out was me playing with my dad and my sister when I was about six or seven years old. I remember I used to be extremely bad because I never understood the concept of having more than two villagers. XD I discovered the editor and played around with it for a while (nothing much besides giving villagers 99999 attack or enlarging hoplites until their heads disappeared). I started designing seriously when I was 11 when my friend showed me what others had done in multiplayer.

Yeebaagooon: What is your proudest AoM moment?
Zenophobia: Oog. I'd say my proudest moment was when I finished AoM Danmaku, because when I was designing it, I kept thinking to myself "one day" I'll finish it. But "one day" was actually just fantasy to me. Until one day I actually did finish the scenario. Then it wasn't so unreal anymore.

Yeebaagooon: Do you have a method when designing screenshots?
Zenophobia: Usually I just sit around and think about it until an idea pops into my head and then I just go in the editor and make a screenshot. Most of the time I use triggers to take the screenshot for me.

Yeebaagooon: What brought you into the advanced sector of SD?
Zenophobia: I just liked designing scenarios a lot so I kept doing it. Many of my scenarios are inspired by other video games that I just want to replicate and implement my own ideas with.

Yeebaagooon: We're all excited about desert brawl 3. What can you tell us about it?
Zenophobia: Nuuu. It's not ready to be showcased. With the amount of work I have planned, it won't be ready until I have more spare time. On the other hand, what AoM-related stuff are you working on right now?

Yeebaagooon: If you could add one feature to the editor, what would it be?
Zenophobia: Make everything that works in singleplayer also work in multiplayer. rawr

Yeebaagooon: What happens in your real life?
Zenophobia: I go to school. Some days I go to an internship afterwards. That's about it, really. Oh yeah, college applications. That's a thing. Parents won't stop pestering me about it. >.< BUT IT WILL ALL SOON BE OVER! My last deadline is the end of the year. After that, I will have plenty of time to work on AoM-related stuff again. :D

Yeebaagooon: What do you see for the future of AoM/AoMH?
Zenophobia: Somewhat bleak, lol. The community will remain static until skybox somehow shows AoM at least half the love it does for AoE.

Yeebaagooon: Has the steam re-release been as good as you hoped?
Zenophobia: Not entirely. While we've seen a lot of oldies return, there haven't really been many new people joining the community, which I find rather disheartening.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 02 January 2015 00:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Kudos and well deserved! Enjoy your shiny new badge Zeno! ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 02 January 2015 08:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
Well done, I notice you haven't been rewarded yet from Hocus Pocus.

I agree it would be nice to see some more new faces around here.
posted 02 January 2015 11:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Yeees, give me a shout when you think of a custom title.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 02 January 2015 05:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
Congratulations, well deserved!

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
posted 02 January 2015 10:24 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
thanks, guys!
Enjoy your shiny new badge Zeno! ~ Milky
I most definitely will.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 03 January 2015 02:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
This is long overdue. Congrats

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of The Month: December 2014
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames