You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of the Month: February 2015
posted 27 February 2015 05:03 PM EDT (US)   
Today I talk with a new forummer who came in strong with his solid work in modding and consistent activity, he is none other than

ind10s

Thangbrand: Hello ind10s, ... so, what exactly does this name mean?
ind10s: indios is a common word (although wrongly) used to name the people that originally lived in this land (South America). Because of culture influence and the respect I have for some of their ways (not all) I picked this nick.

Thangbrand: Tell us a little about yourself in the world of real life.
ind10s: I live in a field far away from my city (awful internet ) and work on the land, have cows, wheat crops, etc. a real life villager lol, and as weather influences my work, life has alternated my years between good and not so good seasons, although the good seasons are the ones I prefer . The bad times can teach you a lot about who you are and life itself, and prepare you in some ways for the rest of the journey.

Thangbrand: A real life villager huh... Did you build your house in 20 seconds? Speaking of AoM units, do you have a favorite one?
ind10s: I didn't build my house in 20 seconds, although I wish I did... I wish it cost only 40 wood too The hoplite, colossus, anubite, ulfsark, and fenris wolf are my favorite units.

Thangbrand: How did you first get involved in AoM? How about AoMH, and how has the trip been so far?
ind10s: Because of where I live, there's not much to do at nights between weekends so that's where AoM comes into play. I first discovered AoM from a friend at the age of 15 more or less, by which time I already knew AoK, but AoM with it's immersive campaign and beautiful eye candy was like love at first sight, plus the historical period in which its based is more appealing to my taste. A couple years later I got internet at home and googled anything related to it until I found AoMH, a really great site for the game where people share knowledge and resources that extends the life of this game 'till today, 13 years after its release.
Thangbrand: Do you like to play single and multiplayer scenarios? What are some of your favorite?
ind10s: I mostly play rms against ai, Archipelago is my favorite (I like a lot water maps), but I've played very few single player scenarios. I love Peloponnesian war, never played a multiplayer one yet.

Thangbrand: We've seen some pretty eye-opening textures from you lately, tell us about your inspiration for them and what we can expect in the future.
ind10s: I came into modding AoM after downloading the epic textures mod from Mythos_Ruler, which inspired me to join the community and start doing stuff for the game. The mod I'm doing now aims to provide a different visual experience for the Norse civ by modifying most of its units' looks. My idea is to make them look more rough, realistic, and in some ways scary if possible . Most of my visual inspiration on the subject comes from movies like pathfinder, outlander, the 13th warrior and such. As there's little archaeological evidence on how ancient Norse warriors looked, I chose to go with what movies show on the matter.
Regarding future mods, I don't have anything in mind yet, but once I finish this up, sure I'll think of something

Thangbrand: Do you play any other games as much as AoM?
ind10s: Besides AoM I play other rts games like c&c tiberian sun, c&c tiberian wars, kane´s wrath, and fps's like c&c renegade and planetside 2.

Thangbrand: If you could change or improve one thing about the community, and one thing about the game, what would they be?
ind10s: About the community, the only thing I'd like is to see even more people around, though I'm glad there's still activity around after so many years.
A major change I'd like to see in AoM is a fully functional/better coded ai, especially on water maps, although we do have admiral ai, which is a great thing.

Thangbrand: Your real-life future plans?
ind10s: Not much right now, just working on setting a stronger basis in my line of work, planning ahead after that will be easier.

Thanks for your time, and congrats

Replies:
posted 01 March 2015 04:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
Aren't those wolfies cute ?

Congrats!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 01 March 2015 08:39 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
These textures work online, right? If so I might be using them.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 01 March 2015 03:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
thanks ppl, i am still working on the norse texture mod but it is allmost ready, just some small things to do and polishing.

Zenophobia: you can download the fenrir wolf here:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10948

they work fine online, i tested them with a frend earlier.
posted 01 March 2015 10:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
sweet. Smexy wolves incoming

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 05 March 2015 00:55 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
interesting to know ind10s signed up a day before my birthday

btw that's not an actual pic of his house

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 03-12-2015 @ 01:21 PM).]

posted 05 March 2015 08:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
thor sent me to AoMH in order to make a big a** hammer as a gift for your birthday, here you go, happy birthday mate, better later than never ;p

posted 06 April 2015 07:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
oi, you still have your badge how has this entitlement treated you

posted 27 May 2015 10:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
Great and great!

Gotta make me some downloads now. Those new textures look awesome.

~~Ventrose~~
- I'm regarded valuable, yet I'm made of nothing. I'm always here but can't be seen. Forever I exist but can't be reached. I'm real and, yet, constructed by those who're so perplexed by me. With the swish of the hand, I swish past you, never to be anymore again, and yet...I'm always here. What am I?

- I can never fill a glass, and yet, the universe is full of me. Too little of me, and folks might feel uncomfortable, but too much of me, and people might feel lonely. What am I?

- Folks believe that they own me. I believe I own them, as I give so much to them; though I have no hands. I'm rich and poor all the same. Who truly knows the quantity of me out there in the universe. What am I?
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of the Month: February 2015
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames