Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MAFIA Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 11 October 2002 02:34 PM EDT (US)   
The game is Over!
Winner: The Town

By this time; emails should have been sent out to everyone participating. If you are one of the players and have not yet recieved an email, please contact me immediatly!

I appologize over a small mistake I believe I made with the emails. I might have put "Hello grandpa_1000" at the top of multiple letters; so for those of you that recieved one of those, and isn't grandpa_1000; don't worry, that's the only error in the email. The role that I've written in it is the correct one.

On the small Greek island in the Mediterranean, a peaceful town of Zeus worshippers once lived happily. But suddenly one day, the inhabitants started to uncover some troublesome news. Apparently, after a few years of very dry summers and bad harvests, a small group of people had abandoned Zeus for his brother Poseidon. Many were confused as to why changing rain in the sky to rain in the seas would make anything better, and so most of the population stayed with Zeus. The few worshippers of Poseidon kept their faith a secret, and kept going to the temple of Zeus to keep up the illusion.

What happened later can only be guessed. Apparently Poseidon had grown tired on the fact that his worshippers had to keep worshipping him a secret, and wanted to become the sole divinity on the island because of the ridiculous fact that islands lay in the sea, and thus belong to the domain of the sea, and not land. He then made the catastrophic decision to order his devotees to convert everyone from Zeus to Poseidon…and those who wouldn’t change their minds should die!

Soon enough, Zeus found out, and he wasn’t happy about it. That day, High priest of the island in question received a message. This was no longer just some differences in opinion among the populace, it was now either them or us…

So goes the writing of High priest David

Some info on the diffrent roles in the game:

Townie: The townies has nothing specific to do, but, they are the largest group. Thus, on daytime, they are the ones who decide who's going to get lynched - if they can agree on someone that is. In this game, everyone usually pretends to be a townie, and the hard part is to figure out who's telling the truth, and who's lying and should be lynched for the best of the town.
http://www.mafiascum.net/theory.html

Dicielo: The mafia of the game, the 'evil' Poseidon worshippers. This group of 3 people (in the start at least) will kill one person each night until noone except themselves stands left.

Nobles: These are not that much more than ordinary townies, but they know eachother, and therefor know who not to vote for, and who to trust. There are 2 nobles in this game.

Healer: The healer protects one person every night from being killed by the mafia.

Hoplite: The hoplite can investigate one person every night and get to know what that person's role is.

Other rules: (blatantly copied from thurdl, most of it)

1) If you are not a member of the Dicielo or Nobles, please refrain from revealing anything about yourself or your role in private communication outside of the thread.

2) Any member who I deem inactive will be replaced. This will be my decision, based on ACTIVITY IN THE THREAD.

3) If you are dead, or not a member of the game to begin with, please do not post accusations or extra information about the game which might sway the votes or actions of the living.

4) Lynching will require a majority of players, and not a plurality of votes. I will only set daytime deadlines if the vote seems bogged down. If no player has a majority by the deadline, no lynching will occur.

5) Lynchings will occur as soon as the necessary vote is cast. If votes are made or retracted after that vote but before I post the lynching narrative, they will be disregarded.

6) Please keep posting to a minimum at Night.

7) When casting a vote, or an unvote, please put them in bold to make them easier for me to pick out. Votes that are not bolded will not necessarily be invalid, but may be more likely to be overlooked when I am doing counts.

8) All decisions of the moderator are final, even when they seem incorrect.

Players:
theferret
Arshnu_Returns
Head Cheese
Tonto_Samurai
deadlydentures
Smileyshelper (Replaced Nightwolf2k)
grandpa_1000
toxic tAnk
Cloudchaser_Eagle
phantom_rider2
PW_DarkKnight
FieryWarhead
Zambaman
The Fenris Wolf

Graveyard:
grandpa_1000 (Noble) - Killed by the Dicielo
theferret (Dicielo) - Lynched by the Town
Cloudchaser_Eagle (Noble) - Killed by the Dicielo
PW_DarkKnight (Hoplite) - Lynched by the Town
Smileyshelper (Healer) - Killed by the Dicielo
deadlydentures (Farmer) - Lynched by the Town
Tonto_Samurai (Farmer) - Killed by the Dicielo
toxic tAnk (Dicielo) - Lynched by the Town
Zambaman (Gold Miner) - Killed by the Dicielo
Head Cheese (Dicielo) - Electrofied by Zeus

[This message has been edited by David (edited 10-19-2002 @ 12:24 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11 October 2002 03:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 273  
Hmm, now what
posted 11 October 2002 03:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 273  
Bring it on, *Female Dogs*!
posted 11 October 2002 03:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 273  
Now we wait for everyone with night actions to perform those actions.

I have already recieved confirmation from multiple people, and one night action.

posted 11 October 2002 03:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 273  
Yay!
You brought back the Dicielo's!
In your face, Kortiosa scum!
posted 11 October 2002 04:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 273  
Get outta here shelper, your not in this
posted 11 October 2002 04:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 273  
wooo hoo!! Dicielo! not some crappy Kortiosa.

~\FieryWarhead/~
Comedy is a last resort for Alcoholics.
The FPH_Raider Resistance is futile.
I'm having a bad day. I say this everyday.
l AoMH l RoNH l EEH l
posted 11 October 2002 04:26 PM EDT (US)     7 / 273  
Methinks that it's a good omen that the Diecelo didn't win their last game...

Shelper = first replacement for anyone who becomes inactive, so don't give 'em your roles.

posted 11 October 2002 04:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 273  
Dicielo == Heaven == fits better in AoM Mafia than Kortiosa does.

Confirmations keep dropping in.

posted 11 October 2002 04:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 273  
*checks in*

*whistles*

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
posted 11 October 2002 04:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 273  
how long does night last? and how long without posting till someone is inactive?

sorry if these are stuipd questions. dont forget its my first game

What I just said is a lie.
posted 11 October 2002 05:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 273  

Quote:

2) Any member who I deem inactive will be replaced. This will be my decision, based on ACTIVITY IN THE THREAD.

There's not really any strong rule to exactly what is considered inactive. If you don't post in a few game days, and havn't told me that you're going away or any other reason, then you'll probably be considered inactive. It's mostly up to my judgement.

The night will last until I have recieved all night actions, OR until any deadline taht I have set is reached.

posted 11 October 2002 06:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 273  

Quote:

phanton_rider2

close enough :P

oh yeah, tapioca

posted 11 October 2002 07:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 273  
Figured that as the game is now under way, I may aswell give some sort of confirmation in the thread
posted 11 October 2002 07:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 273  

Quote:

Methinks that it's a good omen that the Diecelo didn't win their last game...

no thanks to your leader who gave orders when he was dead

~\FieryWarhead/~
Comedy is a last resort for Alcoholics.
The FPH_Raider Resistance is futile.
I'm having a bad day. I say this everyday.
l AoMH l RoNH l EEH l
posted 11 October 2002 08:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 273  
Hey - I was the traitor on your side. You just didn't trust me.
posted 11 October 2002 08:39 PM EDT (US)     16 / 273  
He he, I saw TheFerret get turned into a ferret in another Mafia game.

"Sometimes I really think people ought to have to pass a proper exam before they're allowed to be parents. Not just the practical, I mean." - Susan Sto Helit
"It's not fair to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
posted 11 October 2002 10:43 PM EDT (US)     17 / 273  
so what exactly do we do in these threads?

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
posted 11 October 2002 11:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 273  
Sorry, I don't quite understand the story-- the Dicielo are Poseidon cultists intending to eradicate Zeus worship?
posted 11 October 2002 11:21 PM EDT (US)     19 / 273  
Yes. I think...

"Sometimes I really think people ought to have to pass a proper exam before they're allowed to be parents. Not just the practical, I mean." - Susan Sto Helit
"It's not fair to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
posted 11 October 2002 11:55 PM EDT (US)     20 / 273  
im pretty sure...this night lasts way to long

What I just said is a lie.
posted 12 October 2002 06:24 AM EDT (US)     21 / 273  
Yes Sammy...you're right. Forgive me for that, I'm not a great story writer (hopefully I'll learn as this goes on )

I apologize for the night being so long. Reason is that I have still not recieved confirmation from all players. Now; it has still not been 24 hours since this started, so I'm going to wait for a little longer. But if nothing changes, I guess I will have to replace some people.

I'm going to send out a new email to those who have not yet confirmed. If you recieve one of these emails, please reply immediatly, so we can get this game going.

posted 12 October 2002 07:57 AM EDT (US)     22 / 273  
time limited...hotmail account unavailable...sorry but it may create some postponement.

d--b
_l l_

Winning is only half the battle, proving that you didn't cheat is the other half
TRUE and ABSOLUTE WINNER of "Whoever gets the last word wins!" Official Guardian of Cachaça and Farofa when DB is absent!
Don't let your eyebrows do the smiling. Through The Ages Moderator
shelper's most messed up quote tags award
posted 12 October 2002 11:02 AM EDT (US)     23 / 273  
k, I got my role at last. *hugs role*

d--b
_l l_

Winning is only half the battle, proving that you didn't cheat is the other half
TRUE and ABSOLUTE WINNER of "Whoever gets the last word wins!" Official Guardian of Cachaça and Farofa when DB is absent!
Don't let your eyebrows do the smiling. Through The Ages Moderator
shelper's most messed up quote tags award
posted 12 October 2002 11:13 AM EDT (US)     24 / 273  
Updated top post with a description of what a townie is.

For those who wonder, there's a great page at mafiascum.net which tells everything of what being a townie is all about.

posted 12 October 2002 12:13 PM EDT (US)     25 / 273  

Quote:

He he, I saw TheFerret get turned into a ferret in another Mafia game.

Yes... I love that one post I made.

David, what night actions are you still waiting on? *crosses fingers*

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » MAFIA Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames