You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Replace Texture Problem
posted 12 November 2003 08:16 PM EDT (US)   
Hey I just learned how to create new units...except I have encountered one problem...If you know how to do the replacetexture in the anim editor, can I email you my anim file? I think something is wrong with the text because my Boromir is still invisible ...
Replies:
posted 13 November 2003 01:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
When you change a .ddt file into and .bmp file and you open it you'll likely see two images (well one, but it's seperated in two) you have how the unit will look like and were the players color comes, whell I've founded out that sometimes when it's totally black (or white) some parts of the unit becomes invisible, than turn black into white or white into black or just parts of you image. Now it shouldn't be invisible anymore.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 14 November 2003 01:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
There are only two ways to do the ReplaceTexture thing: right or worng. If you did it wrong, the texture would remain the original texture applied to the unit. If you did it right, then there must be something wrong with the texture you're trying to apply. You must make sure you've converted the DTT to the same format as the original, or it won't work. Or... you must make sure the replacement texture has the same name in the anim as it does in the textures folder.

An example of a proper texture replacement is...

ReplaceTexture Hero G Jason Standard/LSA Infantry Murmillo Map

This is from one of the new units in my campaign. The edited Murmillo map, named "lsa infantry murmillo map.ddt", is in the texture folder, properly converted according to the format AoMEd dictated when I first converted the original texture. You also must be sure, for the ReplaceTexture to work, that the original texture has the same name as that in the textures.bar. And, the ReplaceTexture string must come after the unit animation.

I'm not certain, but I think your problem is rather that the texture has been converted to an incorretc DDT format.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 11-14-2003 @ 01:09 PM).]

posted 14 November 2003 05:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
here is an excerpt of the anim text file...
//========================================================== ====================
anim Idle
{
SetSelector
{
ContainLogic
SetSelector
{
set hotspot
{
version
{
Visual Hero G Jason_idleA
ReplaceTexture Hero g Jason Standard/Boromir Standard
ReplaceTexture Hero g Jason Head Standard/Boromir Head
ReplaceTexture Hero g Jason shield/Boromir Shield
Connect FRONTABDOMEN heroglow hotspot
}
}
}
SetSelector
{
set hotspot
{
version
{
Visual Hero G Jason_CarryIdle
ReplaceTexture Hero g Jason Standard/Boromir Standard
ReplaceTexture Hero g Jason Head Standard/Boromir Head
ReplaceTexture Hero g Jason shield/Boromir Shield
Connect FRONTABDOMEN heroglow hotspot
}
}
}
}
}

oh...and the Jason is getting the new textures, not my Boromir unit, even though I put the hero g jason standard file as Boromir Standard in the textures folder...

posted 17 November 2003 03:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
So... you edited the Jason textures, I take it.

The "ReplaceTexture"s you have are correct, so long as you have in fact put the new, renamed textures in the folder, and the textures have the exact corresponding names as in the anim.

Therefore, the only problem I can percieve is that you converted the edited BMPs to the incorrect DDT format.

So re-extract the Jason textures, re-convert them, take note of the DDT format for each, find your edited BMPs, re-convert them to the specified DDT formats, and put them in the textures folder, making sure that the names of each correspond to those you put into the anim file.

And if that fails, send them to me and I'll see what I can do...

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 22 November 2003 11:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
maybe I made a mistake in my proto.xml...here is the excerpt of my Gandalf the Grey new unit. I didn't even do replacetexture yet, and it still was invisible...
</unit>
<unit id="623" name="Gandalf the Grey">
<dbid>2218</dbid>
<displaynameid>16880</displaynameid>
<footprint>Footprint Villager</footprint>
<icon>infantry N huskarl icon</icon>
<containedattack>0.0500</containedattack>
I placed it where it where it was supposed to...but it didn't work...I'll email my proto.xmb to you King Jared...
posted 24 November 2003 08:55 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
I have found out my problems, thanks to King Jared
1. Your new unit has to have an anim file, or else it will be invisible. Do this by renaming your base unit anim file to a example_anim..
2. Never anim edit with AOM running.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Replace Texture Problem
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames