You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: language.dll and names for new units?
posted 11 December 2003 07:26 AM EDT (US)   
i have heard that you can create names for new units in the language.dll, but when i opened my language it was just the dialogs and chats that comes up in the campiagn.
any one who know how to make names for new units please tell me!
Replies:
posted 11 December 2003 07:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
You can use the text editor by Vachu, available in our download section. Anyway it is only for AoM, i don't know if it works for TT.
posted 11 December 2003 01:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
The names are in there. Each name or dialog or whatnot is denoted by a 5-digit number, I believe. I've edited the xpacklanguage.dll (for the Titans), and all I did was start at the top of the list and plug in names into any available numbers. For example, if there was space between 10840 and 10850, I'd add in the numbers 10841, 10842, etc. with my names in the quotes. Then I'd plug these numbers into the DisplayNameID field in the proto. I did the same for the RolloverTextID numbers (the little blurb at the top of the unit's history entry).

But you seem to be asking about changing names. A good program to edit the DLL is ResHacker (thanks to reyk for the link). It allows you to search for the name in question. For example, if you wanted to change Arkantos' name, go to Find and put "Arkantos" into the field. If you don't get the name ID on the first search (you might get some campaign dialog or something), then just hit Find Next, and the program will cycle through all the entries with Arkantos. Then when you find the one called "Arkantos (Hero)", just put your own text in for the name. Make sure to hit Compile Script and then save it.

Okay?

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 12 December 2003 03:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
well, i have opened the language.dll and i didn't see any digits. it was only text like this:
X .T H I S I S J U S T A N E X A M P L E.
and there was no names. i searched the file for hawk and nothing came up.
posted 12 December 2003 01:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Well, I just opened the language.dll with ResHacker, put in Hawk, and it immediately came up with 18794.

Get ResHacker. Or there might be something wrong with your language.dll... I'm not exactly proficient with the DLL filetype, so I don't know what kind of problem there might be.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 12 December 2003 02:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
He has opened the dll not with the ResHack, probably with a hex editor.

Another thing, King Jared: if You wanna make a Help file for Your new unit, create a text file in the history2/units folder and call the NEWUNIT.txt file with the same name who was called it in the protox.xml. The help will works, if one select the unit in the game and shows the help.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » language.dll and names for new units?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames