Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hive Spiders By FlipBizcut
posted 15 August 2004 01:52 AM EDT (US)   
IT IS NOW SAFE TO DOWNLOAD THIS MOD
I have updated to version 1.1. So the missing texture has been added and the mod is in full ready to install and play.

Hive Spiders

What are they? you ask.

Well they are that in which legend and myth has forgotten.

Why where they forgotten?

Would you wan't to remember a 30 foot tall spider?

Nah but really. This mod includes two new units and one small building. Along with a whole shlew of hand made models, textures, special effects, and some sounds "The rest of the sounds where stolen from another unnamed game".

The new units are:

War Spider
Good against military human units. They have a special which poisons it's victoms around it with a venomous gas. One might say they are a seige weapon to use against units rather then buildings. They have a bonus vs human soldiers and archers.

Queen "Mother" Spider
The big and bad one of them all. Like the War Spider she too can extract a venomous poison. But she can as well smack cavelry and myth units around like empty coke cans. She has a bonus vs cavelry and myth units.

Now for the small building:

Hive Eggs
You can say that they are really not buildings but more of a nature's booby trap. When they die they secreet a poison into the air infecting any in the area. But not only that, they are the bearers of the Mothers seed and can give birth to the War Spiders. With very low HP and armour one would have to decide on how to use these little gasous eggs.

Ok now that you have read all of this and thinking "Gee, ain't that just nice" You are probably wanting to see screens of this mod in action. Well below you will find just that.

New Hive Eggs Screen:
Hive Spider Eggs

Queen Spider Screens:
Queen Spider 1
Queen Spider 2
Queen Spider Born
Queen Spider Attacks 1
Queen Spider Attacks 2

War Spider Screens:
War Spider Born
War Spider in Battle

Just an Old Beta Screen:
Just Old Screens

Now that I have taken up five minutes of your time rambling on about this mod...How about jogging down to your local 7-11 AoMHeaven and downloading this nice pet which you will only have to feed once.

Ohh and this is my entry for the modding contest. All joking aside I do hope you enjoy this mod and your feed back would be greatly appreciated to help make version two better.

NOTE: Still waiting for the file to go through the download section. Once it does I will post a link here.

This Advertisment was sponcered by Little Johny's Pet Emporium. Where we don't hand out coupons no, but instead we give out rattlesnakes in a paper bag.

£¿ïþß첩û £¤® ~ ¿ïØûîÐ £í® §üÐ줧
Ô¿ÿmþîåñ §â££ ã §ÅÇ
Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.

[This message has been edited by FlipBizcut (edited 08-16-2004 @ 09:17 PM).]

Replies:
posted 15 August 2004 02:29 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
7.5 out of ten

Thats a pass

[This message has been edited by Carless Whisper (edited 08-15-2004 @ 02:29 AM).]

posted 15 August 2004 03:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
Nice. I wonder if the "walk" animation was difficult .
posted 15 August 2004 05:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
Make a spider civ that will rule :P. Nice mods very nice .

The Island of Gont, a single mountain lifts its peak a mile above the storm-racked Northeast Sea, is a land famous for wizards.”
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Angel Socvazius
posted 15 August 2004 09:10 AM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
I like the new eggs.

BTW, did you ever get the Poison animation to work for the queen spider?
EDIT: nvm, I saw your PM.

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

[This message has been edited by Dnas (edited 08-15-2004 @ 09:56 AM).]

posted 15 August 2004 11:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
in the queen spider attacks 1+2
whats wrong with your trees
posted 15 August 2004 11:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 17  

Quote:

Make a spider civ that will rule :P

----------

Looking great so far flip!

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 15 August 2004 12:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17  

Quote:

in the queen spider attacks 1+2
whats wrong with your trees

He has a bad graphics card. It doesn't display alpha textures.

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

posted 15 August 2004 01:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17  

Quote:

Make a spider civ that will rule :P. Nice mods very nice .

Well I might as well go ahead and spill the beans for version two. Version two will come out with an additional unit called the worker spider. I wont go into detail on what it does but I feel it is pretty obvious. As far as a spider civ...This will be as close to a spider civ as it will get...sorry but you can only to so much with spiders lol.

Quote:

Nice. I wonder if the "walk" animation was difficult .

Very much so...this will be the LAST time I make models with eight legs. Was a perfect learning experiance though.

Quote:

7.5 out of ten
Thats a pass

ahh come on...I atleast deseve a 7.6...

Thanks all for the comments...I just cant wait for the downloads section to be updated so you all can try them out.

Ô¿ÿmþîåñ §â££ ã §ÅÇ
posted 15 August 2004 02:05 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
Well for more ideas for a spider you could always have a web as a wall so when ever a unit gets to close he gets stuck :P.

The Island of Gont, a single mountain lifts its peak a mile above the storm-racked Northeast Sea, is a land famous for wizards.”
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Angel Socvazius
posted 15 August 2004 03:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17  
hmm that isnt a bad idea...wouldnt be to hard to make either. Might try that out. Don't know how the units will get stuck but either way it just e a quick wall to make for defence lol. Sorta like the pallicide wall in AoK.

Also I ran accross a problem when going through my mods zip file...I updated the original post up top explaining everything.

Ô¿ÿmþîåñ §â££ ã §ÅÇ
posted 15 August 2004 03:11 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
Cool. Great mods. Run out of stuff to say, so just assume I mean good.

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
posted 15 August 2004 04:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17  
Awesome! Flip, great job!
posted 15 August 2004 09:15 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
I love spiders. I am glad someone decided to create this. By the way it looks fraggin cool, I give it a 7.8.
posted 15 August 2004 09:45 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
Dude, this deserves more than a 7. I wanted huge spiders like this ever since I got TT. 10/10
posted 15 August 2004 10:15 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
Thanks guys...I forgot to add that the queen will walk over the human units as well...gives it a more real feel.

Ohh and just made another mod today for s&g. Click the link below to check it out.

SPAM Mod

Thought some of you might get a giggle out of this new one.

Ô¿ÿmþîåñ §â££ ã §ÅÇ
posted 18 August 2004 07:06 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
When I gave it a 7.8 I was joking. I agree with waveslave by giving it a 10. I haven't installed it yet but I can tell that I am goingn to love it. Great job Flip Bizcut
posted 19 August 2004 01:28 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17  
Thank you...I knew you was joking...No prob...I do hope you like it...if ya have any suggestions to make the stats better then let me know...

Ô¿ÿmþîåñ §â££ ã §ÅÇ
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Hive Spiders By FlipBizcut
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames