You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question? Post it Here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 28 November 2005 05:00 PM EDT (US)   
In my efforts to enliven the scenario design community, it seems I've neglected our important modders and AI/RM scripters. So I've done a little housekeeping by getting rid of old, useless sticky threads and, hopefully, by relieving some of the question clutter with this thread.

First of all, if you're new to the forums.... in fact, even if you're not, I encourage you all to read this thread. However, instead of posting your questions in the scenario design thread, I encourage you to post them here.

What's more, I will be somewhat more lax with the question threads in this forum; afterall, questions seem to make up the majority of the activity in this portion of the community. I simply feel that it might be more convenient for the diligent sages who answer the questions, like Argalius, if all the queries were in the same place.

So. Please read the thread, follow the guidelines, and post your questions regarding modding, AI, or RM scripting here. Unless you believe the problem warrants discussion, in which case feel free to make a separate thread for it.

Okay? Fire away.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 11-28-2005 @ 05:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 November 2005 06:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2500  
nn

[This message has been edited by Tronik (edited 11-30-2005 @ 01:15 PM).]

posted 29 November 2005 01:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2500  
I don't know what to tell you about the 3DS files. If they won't work, there's nothing really that I can suggest. As for merging, first rename the model you're planning to merge to something other than Animated (the actual object, that is), and then save it as a GMAX file. Then, when you use Merge, find that GMAX file, open it, select the renamed object, and hit okay.

See, the import script by default names objects Animated. So when there's two objects named Animated in the same scene, problems arise.

Sorry I couldn't help with the other 3DS files.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 30 November 2005 06:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 2500  
Thanks, King Jared !
I maded very simple 3d model (in the "Rhinoceros"),
saved and after make merge.
Now I undestand that this posible. Good !
--------
I have else question.
After some small changes, model or texture,
I want see result. But all times turn on game,
for check...... not so good.
Maybe is something for check result, without turn
on game ?

For example for game "Total Annihilation",
is apsolutly exelent tools !
You can check ALL, without turn on game.

//Exuze me, I sorry. Maybe dificalte undestand
what I write, my English language - not good..//

[This message has been edited by Tronik (edited 12-11-2005 @ 12:16 PM).]

posted 30 November 2005 11:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 2500  

Quote:

//Exuze me, I sorry. Maybe dificalte undestand
what I write, my English language - not good..//

It's hard but not impossible, but let me help you a bit so you can improve your English.

Thanks, King Jared !
I made a very simple 3d model (in the "Rhinoceros"),
saved it and after that, I merged it.
Now I understand that this possible. Good !
--------
I have another question.
After some small changes, model or texture,
I want to see the result. But I have to run the game every time I want to check it out...... not so good.
Maybe there is something for to check the result, without running the game ?

For example, for the game "Total Annihilation",
this is done very well!
You can check EVERYTHING, without running the game.

//Exuse me, I'm sorry. Maybe difficult to understand what I write, my English language - not good..//

Might not be the best but at least it's better. Note that I don't want to insult you or anything, just trying to help you.

But about your question, you can see the changes you make in GMAX so I don't really see what you're trying to achieve.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades

[This message has been edited by Argalius (edited 11-30-2005 @ 11:55 AM).]

posted 30 November 2005 01:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 2500  
Quote:

But about your question, you can see the changes you
make in GMAX so I don't really see what you're trying
to achieve.

1. Thank you, Argalius. You good teacher !

2. About Gmax, sorry, but I not agree.
Work with Gmax - not pleasantly, it not the friendly program.
--------------
So, Gmax can not make and show..

[This message has been edited by Tronik (edited 12-11-2005 @ 12:17 PM).]

posted 30 November 2005 01:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 2500  
You want GMAX to show the animation? Well in that case you'll have to press the play button at the bottom-mid. Then it'll play the frames, which you can also select seperatly. Can't really tell you anything more specific... hope it helps.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 30 November 2005 02:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 2500  
Thanks Argalius, Thanks King Jared.

I hope, you will be, go on help me.

I already know how work with programs:
AOMED, BAR Explorer, GMAX Exporter and so on..
But "Gmax".......ohhh.....

How work in the "Gmax" for animation, for changes
in the 3D model, polygons and so on, I already know,
but one thing - imposible for me.
This - textures.

I many tryed make change textures, or even
change texture only for one polygon.
But result not good, I can not make this.
All times, export script, say me that is mistake.
Tutorials I try read, but dificalte for me,
undestand all..

Please, maybe you can say me simple
(for you, not for me) thing, for example:
change one polygon color in the model - to black color.
How make this in the "Gmax" ? (I have ver 1.2)
step by step. (I wait very)

[This message has been edited by Tronik (edited 11-30-2005 @ 02:56 PM).]

posted 30 November 2005 04:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 2500  
Ah ok, so that's what you want. Well the fact is, that if you want to change a texture you can't do this by using GMAX. You'll have to use the original texture in GMAX for the conversion to work. After you've changed your model and all you can change the texture of the unit by adding the ReplaceTexture tag in the anim file.

That should work.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 30 November 2005 05:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 2500  
I want to texture mod the greek dock but I can't find it's name in the textures.

The only relating names I could find were both shadows.
building g dockage1 shadow.ddt
building g tradedock shadow.ddt

Please help ASAP

posted 30 November 2005 06:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 2500  
I think they are the following:

Building G WallsAge1

Building G RoofAge1

Building Attachments

for age1

[This message has been edited by tasev (edited 11-30-2005 @ 06:21 PM).]

posted 30 November 2005 08:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 2500  
An easyish way to find out what textures belong to which unit is to extract one of that unit's models, then open the BRG file in Programmer's Notepad. Now, when you open it, it'll be blank (perhaps with BANG printed in it), but if you hit the hexadecimal button (little H icon at the bottom-left) and scroll down to the bottom, along the right side you'll see some text. This is the texture that's applied to that model.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 30 November 2005 09:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 2500  
Thats what I did to figure out the texture for him.
posted 01 December 2005 03:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 2500  
Argalius:

...use the original texture in GMAX for the
conversion to work...

But this not work !
When I try use GMAX textures I receive
so result:

Or export script say me that is mistake,

Or if, with export script all right, and
"Gmax Exporter" make 3dx file, in the
next step is problem:
AOMED not want make convert(3dx to brg),
and say that is mistake.
(something about: ....material name....)

posted 01 December 2005 09:40 AM EDT (US)     14 / 2500  
Did you use the import script first?

Because if you don't do anything with the texture and just edit the model there shouldn't be any trouble with materials etc.

Or did you merge a model with an existing one?
Because then you should say that the materials ID should be the same as the AoM one. (this is asked when you merge them)

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 03 December 2005 12:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 2500  
How do I get rid of my Destroyer's Cape WITHOUT model editing? (I'd model edit if I could but gmax isn't free anymore). I have used Dnas method but it only works on models without Player ID color on it...

Please help!

Dude12345

posted 03 December 2005 01:35 PM EDT (US)     16 / 2500  
What do you mean, gmax isn't free anymore? Really?
You can still get it at http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax. At least, I thought you could.

There is a guide to removing capes and the like without modeling at http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/modding/removethingsbut I frankly haven't figured out how to get it to work.

posted 03 December 2005 02:04 PM EDT (US)     17 / 2500  
Wow, he's right:

Quote:

As of October 6, 2005, Autodesk will no longer offer Gmax® software as a stand-alone product. If you are interested in other 3D animation, modeling, and rendering applications from Autodesk please check out Autodesk® 3ds Max® software. You can download a free 30-day trial, view product demonstrations, read customer success stories, and get more information about this powerful, versatile product.

But you can still download it at turbosquid.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 03 December 2005 03:34 PM EDT (US)     18 / 2500  
Wow, I can still get Gmax! I hope it's legal though...
posted 06 December 2005 06:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2500  
Oh, legal shmegal.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 06 December 2005 10:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2500  
How to you download mods usimg the program winzip and also how do you download textures using winzip
posted 06 December 2005 10:34 PM EDT (US)     21 / 2500  
I don't follow you. Are you asking how you ZIP these files, or extract them? For the former, simply select the objects, right-click, scroll down to the Winzip options, and select one of them, such as "Add to a Zip File...". For the latter, right-click on the ZIP, scroll down to the Winzip options, and select one of the "Extract" options.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 10 December 2005 01:16 PM EDT (US)     22 / 2500  
I'm completely new to modding of all types, and only recently became interested in modding AoM:TT.

One question I have concerning mod packs is: Is it poossible to create new units, buildings, god powers, etc. using mod packs? Or can they only replace existing ones?

After playing AoE3 for a while, I've come to adore plantations as a direct way to infinitely gather gold. I wondered (though doubted) if a mod could add plantations, or something similar, into AoM, where gold is especially valuable.

I'd also like a way to increase the population maximum (300), and the amount that you recieve from houses or TC's. Can mod packs do these things?

posted 10 December 2005 01:47 PM EDT (US)     23 / 2500  

Quote:

I'm completely new to modding of all types, and only recently became interested in modding AoM:TT.

Welcome Magnum Pi.

Quote:

One question I have concerning mod packs is: Is it poossible to create new units, buildings, god powers, etc. using mod packs? Or can they only replace existing ones?

You can, but you'll need some experience for that, but it isn't that hard once you get the hang off it.

Quote:

After playing AoE3 for a while, I've come to adore plantations as a direct way to infinitely gather gold. I wondered (though doubted) if a mod could add plantations, or something similar, into AoM, where gold is especially valuable.

It's likely that it's possible, since farms and fish are unlimited too, just look at their proto code and add it to whatever you want.

Quote:

I'd also like a way to increase the population maximum (300), and the amount that you recieve from houses or TC's. Can mod packs do these things?

I'm not sure if you can increase the max pop limit, I think it has been done before, but I don't know how. About the amount, it's probably in the proto code.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 10 December 2005 02:57 PM EDT (US)     24 / 2500  
Thanks for the response! Now, could anyone help me with how exactly to mod.

I read the starter's/begginer's articles and I got the programs called AOMed and ResourceHacker, which the articles said were needed. But after that thier instructs were a little confusing. I was looked under an article called 'adding new units" and the impression I got from it was that it was acually replacing a unit, i.e. Hero Jason.

Also as my Ed and Hacker programs were installed under C:\\My Documents\My Games\... instead of C:\\Program files\Microsoft games\Age of Mythology\data. So the only choices of files to convert into/from .xml were some random files called "latest settings," no sign of "Protox" which I was looking for. Protox does exist of course, but only under C:Program Files... NOT under C: My documents\My games...

Can I move the Hacker and Ed programs to "Program files\microsoft games..." And after that, how would I continue in order to add my own building?

posted 11 December 2005 00:56 AM EDT (US)     25 / 2500  
How do i make my own cliff, forest and water types to use.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Have a Question? Post it Here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames