You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoMod: new mod for AoM:TT soon to be released
posted 03 November 2006 09:38 AM EDT (US)   
Hi guys!

I'm going to release my new mod (called AoMod) in the next couple of weeks.

It will include the following changes:

a) several build limits changed:
- house build limit from 10 to 14
- mansion build limit from 5 to 7
- tower build limit from 20 to 50
- palace, fortress, hill fort, migdol stronghold build limit from 10 to 20

b) build time of buildings doubled, hit points * 1.5

c) train time of units quadrupled, hit points doubled

d) Greeks can now train heroes in a temple as well

e) levy and conscript techs each reduce train times by 10% (was 20%)

f) added a modified version of the "land unknown" map called "land unknown 2", in which there will be no more water

g) Titans do not regenerate anymore

In addition to these protox and techtreex changes I plan to include Georg Kalus' AdmiralAI (unless he objects) AND a modified Version of his AdmiralAI (called AdmiralAoModAI) with numerous changes:

- higher chance that the AI will consider walling (around other town centers as well). It will also do wall upgrades more quickly AND even Atlanteans will do their wall upgrades as I've found a way around the broken progression plan.

- higher chance that the AI will consider building towers, (at other town centers as well). It will will also do tower upgrades as quickly as possible.

...and many other changes/tweaks

Besides that I fixed a bug in the AdmiralAI that caused crashes with Oranos' sky passages.

Stay tuned!

Replies:
posted 03 November 2006 11:13 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Um that's all great, but you can't play ESO online with it.... :\

'/-~~''._/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_.''~~-\'
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|~__/*Post your B-Day Here!*\__~|
/~-\* Rohirram Modpack-90%*/-~\
\___/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\___/
~'\______/¯¯\--/¯¯¯\--/¯¯\______/'~
*dude's big adventure courtesy of deadhead.
posted 03 November 2006 11:26 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
this is all pretty basic protox modding isn't it?
posted 03 November 2006 11:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
@Dude12345:

I have no idea if this will work on ESO, as I never played over the internet. It will, however, definitely work in single player and on a LAN.

@Mr_Kitty:

The changes to the game are basic protox and techtreex modding. I just changed the IMO most annoying things about the game, ie. that units get trained way too quickly and die too quickly as they don't have many hitpoints. If you have killed your enemy's army and walk to his town center he will already have a strong army again (if he has the resources).

The changes to the AI aren't that basic, however. If you have ever scripted some AI for AoM you will know what I mean. And for those who like playing with a couple of friends against some AI opponents, I guess they will like the improvements.

posted 03 November 2006 06:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
The units only train really fast with handicap or lightning mode. In a game it takes a while to make an army, and if your opponent can make an army faster than you can then he is better. No offesnse, bu tI really don't like protox mods because I don't really see the point in them (all protox mods, not this one only).

Check out all of the mods I made here
posted 15 September 2007 10:25 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Hi guys!

My announcement last year really looks like a bad joke today!

I am very sorry for the delay, but shortly before releasing my mod I had decided to rework some parts of my protox mod and many parts of the AI.
Unfortunately RL has been keeping me very busy too, so I couldn't spend a lot of time on my mod.

Since modding the AI will still require some time, I have decided to first release those parts of my mod that are already finished.
posted 15 September 2007 08:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Holy cow, did I really post in this thread a whole year ago? Weird.

~V.

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
/¯¯¯¯\_/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_/¯¯¯¯\
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|Proud Leader of Modsmith Studios|
\_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\_/
|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\______/¯¯\--/¯¯¯\--/¯¯\______/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
\...Supreme Commander Heaven.../
posted 16 September 2007 11:29 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
While I'm at it, I may as well point out that this is not going to go anywhere past being a personal mod for yourself.

1. No amazing changes (e.g. new unit)
2. What you deem annoying is actually not to most people. Now it's going to take me 12:00 to get an army? Waiting is a chore...

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » AoMod: new mod for AoM:TT soon to be released
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames