Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Xin Dynasty: A Civilization by Modsmith Studios
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
posted 15 February 2007 06:52 PM EDT (US)   
From the creators of The Sasirbak, The 3D Farm and The Wild Horse..

The Xin Dynasty is an entirely new civilization featuring units, buildings and mythology from the ancient Chinese. The civilization will be accessed through modified random maps and the scenario editor. Featuring unique art, stunning new units and devastating god powers, the Xin Dynasty is one of the most unique civilizations ever released for Age of Mythology! Battle the ancient European powers with the utter strength of the dragon using unique Chinese pyrotechnology including fireworks, torches and the first example of the gun. Employ ancient Chinese methods of architechture in the creation of a massive city.

Screenshots

Units Nuwa, Spearman, White Tiger, Crossbowmen, Torch Throwers, Transport, Terracotta Warriors

Resources Bamboo, Bamboo River, Peach Tree

Buildings Archaic Village, Classical Town, Heroic Temple, Mythic Age Town

Contributors

Animations MythicRuler, Sir Dundo, The God of Mods

Models Sir Dundo, The God of Mods, Cerberus013, out-of-order

Textures The Purple People Eater, Cerberus013, out-of-order, Sir Dundo, MythicRuler

Programming Tasev, MythicRuler

Research CStanford, The Purple People Eater

Sound CStanford

Campaign CStanford, The God of Mods, PharaohZ, Sir Dundo

Special Thanks to Beng4499, claymore114, andrewv42, Candlemaster, SixthLeong, Amazingferret, mega2, Selphir, and W0lf_Darkmonarch

A Modsmith Studios Production

Leader of Modification for Purple Design Studios
Proud Designer of Modsmith Studios
Current Projects: Roman Legion Xin Dynasty
I don't like my name, but I can't change.....
I <3 Gmax

[This message has been edited by The God of Mods (edited 08-10-2008 @ 07:10 PM).]

Replies:
posted 15 February 2007 07:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 494  
great, looking forward on seeing it.
posted 15 February 2007 07:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 494  
I might be able to help with models depending on what they are.

Check out all of the mods I made here
posted 15 February 2007 08:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 494  
Here is a list of things I need done modeling wise

Fuxi(half man/female half snake)
White Tiger
Land Turtle
Chinese looking dragon I can just use nidhogg base prob if none does it

If anyone can do this it would be much appreciated and you will recieve tons of credit when I release. Also if anyone is interested in helping just ask. Please have alittle experiance but even textures help would be great.

I can do all of the anims protox techtree myself and I have already started on chinese crossbows Terracotta Warriors (Chinese warrirs with little or no armor), and swordsman

I <3 Gmax

[This message has been edited by The God of Mods (edited 02-23-2007 @ 11:31 AM).]

posted 15 February 2007 08:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 494  
if u want an interesting unit would be:

A unit with gunpowder and arrows in a basket, when the gun powder explodes it shoots out the arrows.

they were the world's first guns.

the closest in game unit to it will have to be a cheirrioista (sp?) for the atlanteans, but it's alot different from it.

it'll try to scan the page with the unit.

posted 15 February 2007 08:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 494  
that is a good idea and I might give them a actually gunner in the final ages I like your idea and I think I can make it work If I delete the fat guy and I use the flail animation it looks like an explosion recoil and if I include an explosion and I make the arrows flaming it should work thanks

[This message has been edited by The God of Mods (edited 02-15-2007 @ 08:28 PM).]

posted 15 February 2007 08:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 494  
oh yah and it's no barrel/wagon, it's a basket so ur gonna have to delete the wheel and make it move without it looking weird =\

yah i gotta go, so i'll try to give u the scan of the page tomorrow.

posted 15 February 2007 08:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 494  
what do you think of it so far? I kinda like it, it's not what you said but It's cool
posted 15 February 2007 10:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 494  
I think AoK basically means an ancient rocket launching pack.

posted 15 February 2007 10:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 494  
it's nice, i like it.

http://i13.tinypic.com/30kq1wo.jpg

that is what i was referring to.

posted 15 February 2007 10:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 494  
hmmm i see I think I would use a different unit to get that like the crossbow man except hes holding a barrel or something that shoots arrows I dont know
PLEASE GIVE ME MORE UNIT IDEAS like this one really helps alot
posted 15 February 2007 10:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 494  
Oops my bad it was ferret not AoK.

posted 15 February 2007 11:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 494  
I could model that chinese link that is shown, I know exactly what base unit. Does it matter if the fuxi is a girl or a boy? And is it similar to medusa or is the head level with the ground? The white tiger should be simple, maybe no modelling (could be after a lion) turtle is tricky, it will take a lot of animation, and the dragon can be a nidhogg minus the horns with a wider head. The only thing I couldn't do is the turtle, but I might think about the others.

Have a pic of the fuxi? no idea what it looks like.

[This message has been edited by MythicRuler (edited 02-15-2007 @ 11:24 PM).]

posted 16 February 2007 06:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 494  
Well there is actually two different units I had in mind Nu Wa (female) and Fuxi (male) but If you could make a lesser looking one that I could use as a regular myth unit
and please if you can make the chinese gun guy by all means do it Im using the miltia guy for normal units because of the hat.

Nu Wa (Fuxi is a male version of this)
http://www.selinafenech.com/artworks/nuwa.jpg

I can do the white tiger maybe off the fenis wolves I tried to do the turtle but that was ugly maybe ill just use the war turtle and change textures and the Chinese dragon I can almost do but I want ot change the texture of the model and I can't do that

[This message has been edited by The God of Mods (edited 02-16-2007 @ 06:18 AM).]

posted 16 February 2007 10:08 AM EDT (US)     14 / 494  
you want more? i'll try to find more, but i can't give u pics cause i'm at my dads work and he doesn't have a scanner there.

1. a guy holding a stick with a fire, he is on a horse, he burns people with it. (quite weird)U could use an oracle scout.

2. a boat called a zheng he is used for scouting, i could provide a scan of the boat later.

3. They used camels in western china. they were weaker,slower,smaller then egyptians camels though.

4. a chinese infantry with a scimitar like sword, used by infantry and calvery alike, could be base of swords.

5. i got a model of a dragon if you'd like

That's pretty much it for chine in my book without going to the age of guns and missiles and WW era

posted 19 February 2007 04:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 494  
one point on the dragon thingie, the dragons in ancient Chinese folklore were generally unable to fly. so the Nidhogg idea might not work... other than that things are kl
posted 19 February 2007 07:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 494  
The base unit for the chinese hand cannon guy could be a norse ram. You could get rid of one of the people, and move the back of the ram closer to the front so it looks smaller. Then you can get the vertices in the from point and move them inward, so instead of a point it is a hole. I thought it was kind of a good idea, tell me if you think it might work.

posted 19 February 2007 08:46 PM EDT (US)     17 / 494  
If you can make this unit: http://i13.tinypic.com/30kq1wo.jpg

I can add the "gun" he holds in the anim.txt.

posted 19 February 2007 09:43 PM EDT (US)     18 / 494  
sweet thanks so much I can't wait to get back from Colorado do work on this lol I can't believe I said that
posted 19 February 2007 10:25 PM EDT (US)     19 / 494  
Hey this sounds really interesting....and I know much about ancient Chinese warfare as well....can I contribute any ideas? It's so good to have a mod starting and people actually working on it...most of the time it gets abandoned.

posted 19 February 2007 10:32 PM EDT (US)     20 / 494  
Yea it is nice thanks to MS studios and yea all ideas are welcome look at my ideas needed and if you have those ideas or others that would be great!
posted 21 February 2007 04:45 AM EDT (US)     21 / 494  
why not use tha terracota warriors as a myth unit rather than a normal warrior? i think it would fit the bill a bit better. oh and no matter where i look the chinese dragon definitely doess not look like the Nidhogg at all. sorry.
posted 21 February 2007 10:14 AM EDT (US)     22 / 494  
we might it might be a god power were all these stone warriors would come out of the ground and I know the chinese dragon looks nothing like a Nidhogg we arn't using that idea I am going to get modelers on it as soon as possible. Thanks for your concern If you have any other ideas please tell me and I'll update this page now
posted 22 February 2007 05:37 AM EDT (US)     23 / 494  
i'm not a modder or anything so this might just sound stupid but if its possible could you not use the tip of the manticores tail for the gun for this unit

http://i13.tinypic.com/30kq1wo.jpg

if it could be worked then it would be the perfect effect?

just thought, is it possible to import textures from Aoe2?
that has got petards, and bombard towers. and you could use the bombard cannon for the firework guy.

i know this is getting long but could the dragon also be a God power?

[This message has been edited by claymore114 (edited 02-22-2007 @ 05:43 AM).]

posted 22 February 2007 10:57 AM EDT (US)     24 / 494  
youd be a retard if you didnt put a dragon into a chinese civ...

NecroDog

Creator of JEWELKingdom

Project: ??

posted 22 February 2007 11:14 AM EDT (US)     25 / 494  
we have one of our best modelers making the dragon now so don't worry I'm not retarded it will come in three colors and we might even make a dragon king

I <3 Gmax
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » The Xin Dynasty: A Civilization by Modsmith Studios
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames