You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Celtic Civilization Mod
posted 06 September 2009 01:06 PM EDT (US)   
Sorry. I have been a noob.

Fortunentaly, I have found the cure. My lack of research, among many other things, made my inner voice scream at me to redo it all. But the quiet voice in my brain told me I was stupid to get rid of my work. But I listened to the inner voice instead.

Coming soon will be the revised version of my Celtic civilization mod. Hopefully, it will not glare with noobiness. You can find the cure to noobiness here.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,21648,,10

Hopes for the future,
Montsmash

[This message has been edited by Montsmash (edited 09-08-2009 @ 06:19 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06 September 2009 01:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
Good luck on your prodject!

Do you know any modelling?

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 09-06-2009 @ 01:48 PM).]

posted 06 September 2009 01:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
All this text makes me nautious...

You seem to know what you want, and that's good, but you must be prepared that creating an entirely new civ on your own is a time-consuming and difficult task.
I'm quite an ambicious modder/designer myself, but because of my limited knowledge I have learned that many things are impossible when you're new to something.

Anyway, good luck, and if you want any help with some modding, ask for help or download some of the excellent tutorials available in the design library or downloads section.

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
posted 06 September 2009 02:41 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Fieldsmen- Celtic Villagers. They can garrison in Warrior's Halls and reemerge as Militia
Im sorry, but I can't see how could this posibly achieved, there is no tech parameter that could do this; perhaps trough trigger you could create this effect, but then you would need to modify all random maps of the game; and I remember reading somewhere that the art of adding triggers to random maps has not been mastered yet... but I may be wrong.
Militia- Lowest infantry unit. They are trained by garrisoning a Fieldsmen in a Warrior's Hall
Swordsman- Celtic infantry unit.
Bowman- Celtic ranged unit.
Horseman- Celtic cavalry unit.
Hammerman- Advanced Celtic infantry unit.
Javelinier- Advanced Celtic cavalry unit.
Epona's Brigadier- Advanced Celtic cavalry unit.
The list seems fine, but maybe too generalistic?; having all types of unit is something like the characteristic of the greeks, are you sure you want the same for the celts?.
Besides, wich of this are the super units?(units to be trained after third age)
Titan- Great bear.
Sounds like fun

MY TWO CENTS: This is very ambitious, but not as much as pretending to make more than thirteen new civs; I believe this is achievable if you are good with textures, and can at least do basic modelling.BTW I have some units that may be useful, if you want:

Myth Unit- Aine- Fast Flying Faeries (Say that 3 times fast!). Weak but fast.
Scorpion Ra made a faerie mod, may be you could ask him fot permision to use it, and save some work
posted 06 September 2009 04:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
Thanks for the suggestions Leto. Unfourtunantly, I have yet to gain any modding experience, but looking to change that. And, yes, I agree with Leto about the names of the military units. I struggle with names, however. Some suggestions would be nice. And the great bear Titan unit is maybe my favorite.
posted 06 September 2009 05:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,13224,30,all

SuxHorses,Eggs,Lepers,Pigs,Elves,Retards
♫ A firm teenage kiwi folly
Most predictably weird 2010 AoMH
<div class="sig"><hr noshade width="25%" align="left" SIG>[img]http://www.omegaartworks.com/images/omega/thumbs/celtic-sword3[/img]

[This message has been edited by Fejj (edited 09-07-2009 @ 02:03 AM).]

posted 06 September 2009 07:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
I like this stuff. Interesting green poodle. I might use something similar to your stuff in the future.
posted 06 September 2009 08:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Hey Fejj, here's a idea for you, why dont you make a site and put there all your civ designs; that way you don't have to put your kilometric descriptions everytime someone talks about a celtic civ(or persian, or trojan).

Then you only need to post links, and save the rest of us the scrolling.
posted 07 September 2009 07:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
Got the names. Wondering if there is any problem with the mod that hasn't been mentioned? There's a reason they don't have any seige weapons for land. The Celts probably couldn't get any trebuches or rams, so that is left clean.

[This message has been edited by Montsmash (edited 09-07-2009 @ 04:25 PM).]

posted 05 October 2009 05:15 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
LetoII
Im sorry, but I can't see how could this posibly achieved, there is no tech parameter that could do this; perhaps trough trigger you could create this effect, but then you would need to modify all random maps of the game; and I remember reading somewhere that the art of adding triggers to random maps has not been mastered yet... but I may be wrong
I'm pretty damn sure Nottud has mastered it, check his random maps in notepad you can definetly see some sort of triggers there.

My Upcoming website!
The Black Hand RPG - Revived
Join my Facebook Group :P
Nazi Zombie Verukkt sound files
Mess With The BesT DiE LiKe ThE ReST
Argh!! It's EXOLAR not xEXOLARx get it right!!
posted 05 October 2009 06:43 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
You can use my faerie myth unit, just give me credit, don't have to use all of it since some things I added based on my own fantasy world but its originally based on celtic myths. Could possibly do a couple other myth units in future.

Read about things like the selkie which sheds it seal skin to become a beautiful maiden that are often tricked by men taking their skins and marrying them but they long to find it and return to the sea. Could come up with an interesting dynamic with an aquatic seal form and land based maiden form.

[This message has been edited by Scorpion ra (edited 10-05-2009 @ 06:47 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames