You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Unused Animations List
posted 18 October 2014 05:21 PM EDT (US)   
I've compiled a list of all the unused/hidden anims present in the anim files. While there may be more models in the models bars, these are all the ones that you can see in the editor when you look at a unit's animation. This does not cover all unused models.

Most of these may already be popular, such as the fire giant's melee attack, and the sphinx's teleport, but there are other less popular ones too. Here it is:

Units:
Virtually all air units have a flail animation. I could be wrong, but from what I've researched there is no need for the animation in the game. Vortex maybe?
Anubite/Theris: JumpTakeOff, JumpLand, Run
Ajax (Hero): Run
*Some of the run anims are different from the walk ones, and some have no difference at all.
Arkantos (uber): Birth
Avenger: AttackB (the only one of its kind)
Axeman: Run
Bireme: WalkAttack
*Alot of ships seem to have a walk attack.
Brokk: Build x2 (two animations of build)
Dragon Ship: WalkAttack
Dwarf: Build, Run
Eitri: Build
Fenris Wolf/Ornlu: Run
Filbumwinter wolf: WalkAttack, Run
Fire Giant: Attack (different from RangedAttack, usually means a melee)
Fire Siphon: Attack
Gargarensis: Run
Hippocampus: Attack (i was surprised by this one, one of the less popular ones i beilieve)
Hoplite: Run
Juggernaut: WalkAttack
Krios: Attack, Recover
Kronos: Flail
Oracle Hero: Recover
Osiris: Charging
Petsuchos: Attack, RangedAttack
Pharoah: Attack, Build, Convert
Pharoah 2nd: Same as above
Polaris: Run
Priest: Attack
Prisoner: Same as villagers, Run
Sea Snake: Run
Serpent: Run
Skareling: Build
Skult: Attack
Slinger: Run
Son of Osiris: Build
Son of Osiris XP: Same as above
Spearman: Run
Sphinx: TeleportIn, TeleportOut
Spider: Death, Pickup
Theocrat: Attack, Recover
Trireme: WalkAttack
Villager Egyptian: Pray
Villager Norse: Build
Wadjet: Run, WalkAttack
Walking Woods, all with the exception of Oak, Marsh, and Tundra: Run
War Barge: WalkAttack

Embellishment
Boar Ajax: Run
Boar Arkantos: Run
Boulder Rolling, all except Boulder Rolling Dead: Walk
Folstag Flag: Death
Gate Ram: Attack
Gate Ram 2: Attack
Golden Lion: Run
Locust Swarm: Walk, Attack, WalkAttack (one or two of those)
Tornado: Walk, Attack

Nature:
Bear: Run
Caribou: Run
Cow: Run
Crocodile/of Set: Run
Crowned Crane: Run
Deer: Run x2
Elk: Run x2
Gaia Forest Tree: Flail
Gazelle/of Set: Run
Giraffe/of Set: Run
Harpy: Attack
Hyena/of Set: Run
Lion: Run
Marsh tree: Flail
Polar Bear: Run
Rhinoceros/of Set: Run
Tree Oak: Flail
Tree Oak Burning: Flail
Tree Oak Autumn: Flail
Tree Palm: Flail
Tree Palm Burning: Flail
Tree Pine Snow: Flail
Tree Pine Snow Burning: Flail
Tundra Tree: Flail
Tundra tree Burning: Flail
Vulture: Walk
Walrus: Run
Water Buffalo: Run
Wolf: Run
Wolf Artic: Run
Wolf Artic 2: Run

Misc:
Battle Boar: Cinematic (this is here because I personally don't remember this being used in the campaigns)
Bella: No birth animation, maybe they just didn't care
Kataskopos (scout): 3 extra and seemingly unecessary anims of each anim category.
Kraken: Unused texture, as far as I know. I believe there was a mod that included this in it.
Murmillo: Cinematic (it exists, you just don't see a visual)
Nemean Lion: Same as battle boar

There are many of these which may actually be used in some way, but just unexpected. For example, the tree flail animation may happen when a torndao comes through (before it falls). I haven't done enough research though.

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 03-21-2015 @ 05:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 18 October 2014 06:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
The Run, and Walk-attack Animations (or as some call them, models) were most likely unused because ES couldn't get them working whilst the original Egyptian praying were replaced with the Monuments.

It's like how the Multiplayer Alpha/Beta had villager fishing models that went unused, and were eventually removed, like pretty much everything else in the game.

Anyway most of the flail are used for units in tornadoes.

Thanks OP, Can you do an Unused Models List next time, too?

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)
posted 18 October 2014 07:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
flying units' anims aren't affected my tornadoes. maybe vortex?

probably not, an unused model list would be very long and impractical.

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 10-18-2014 @ 07:28 PM).]

posted 20 October 2014 07:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
Thanks for this!

I guess most run anims are just sped-up versions of walk though?
posted 20 October 2014 11:49 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
yea about 2/3 of them, the rest are unique
some have no change at all

posted 20 October 2014 02:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
The Folstag Flag Bearer has an unused attack animation which shows him punching
posted 20 October 2014 03:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
not that i see

posted 20 October 2014 03:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
The anubite jump animations are being used as far as I know. It's hard to see but its used.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
posted 20 October 2014 03:50 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
well the flag bearer does, I used it in one of my old mods
posted 20 October 2014 04:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
@mario
nope i ran it in the editor
also realized here http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10825
@russia
well maybe then its a model that exists but isn't listed in the anims. would love to find out more about it.

posted 21 October 2014 06:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
how is the arkantos uber birth animation unused?
posted 21 October 2014 07:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
I only included that because you never actually see it in the game, only when you place it in the editor.

posted 28 November 2014 11:00 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
Brony you should consider using some of these in your bttbm, especially if you can find more information about some that confirm they used to exist. But even still, the fact that these things are even here really says enough. No need to give me credit either. Don't forget to look in the protox for ie. attack values for non-existent attack anims, and so forth.

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 11-28-2014 @ 11:02 PM).]

posted 29 November 2014 06:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
Most of the Animations in the list really don't have a use, plus work on the BttB mod is on hold until there is another Disk/Build out there that can have some things taken out of it.

Also from what I found out, the MP Alpha we got was an Early August Build, since it had the new Barracks designs, and some other things, and there was a build sent out in July 2002 which should have those things, and maybe many other things.

Sadly there is nothing left of interest in the MP Alpha or Marketing Beta Files.

That's why I wanted the October 15th 2001 build.

Just asking were you able to find anything else, or did you give up your search?

Also the Boar's Cinematic Model is to do with that Mini Campaign made in January 2003 (The Brokk and Eitri one)

The Kataskopos has Three to Four Copies of each anim set because originally they could be upgraded (It was scrapped because they could no longer be trained anymore)

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)

[This message has been edited by TheBronyKing11 (edited 11-29-2014 @ 06:23 AM).]

posted 29 November 2014 03:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
Of course they have a use. You can enable and customize them easily with a mod.
And have you really taken from the beta files all of the scrapped units?
The boar anim was made before that campaign... and was never even shown in it.
I haven't contacted ausgamers yet, will later today.

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 11-29-2014 @ 03:09 PM).]

posted 29 November 2014 06:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
@Thangbrand
You know how I'm going to redo the Improvement Mod (so it's more like the Improvement mod from AoE3 and not just a bunch of mods thrown together) Well For That I'm restoring The Sphinx's Teleporting Feature (With the Loss of the Whirlwind Attack) The Fire Giants Melee Attack (Making the Throwing Attack a Ranged Crush whilst making the Hand Attack have Hack Damage, along with adding the Egyptian and Norse Scouts (Desert Rider and Snow Strider (Maybe Changed to a Danish Translation of Scout, so in that case Spejder) But first all I have to play test and balance the gameplay, remove unused mods etc, feel free to post some ideal stats for the Griffon and Apep (Because the Griffon is Weak, and Barely lasts 2 minutes without other units and the Apep takes a lot of damage but doesn't do much damage itself compared to most Egyptian Age 3/4 MUs)

Other Units Include: Archer, Bueskytte (Norse Archer), Chariot, Light Cavalry (Norse Anti-Cavalry), Assault Roc (Beta Roc) and a crap ton of others

posted 27 October 2015 05:07 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
Unarchived

posted 29 October 2015 04:34 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
Avenger has an special AttackB, but I never see him do it in game?
why is that, maybe a noob question.. but i just wanna know.
He has an handattack, and an whirlwindattack in the protox, do i have to add another handattack or something...
Or is that not possible?
cause it's an great looking attack.
posted 29 October 2015 07:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
That's probably because the devs made a mistake or forgot about it, it's a nice attack nonetheless. It's meant to be an alternative to the hand attack.

To see it in the game, you'd have to extract the files from the anim.bar then edit the avenger's one to include the the handattackb next to the default one. I haven't modded in a while though, so I don't know about the exact process of using alternative animations. Should be an easy task if you take example from a unit with multiple ones, like hoplites.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 30 October 2015 10:08 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
Variation logic

posted 01 November 2015 01:37 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
isn't that for creating other textures for avenger, like the hoplite..
Or is variation logic also possible for attack actions?
posted 01 November 2015 02:16 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
Oh yea you're right...

Well you should be able to use it regardless, seperated with a SetSelector. Just look at a hoplite attack.

I thought you knew how to do this?...:s

posted 02 November 2015 08:06 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
Got it to work, now the avenger does both handattacks and the whirlwindattack. Just some changes in the anim file..
Haha I knew it, i had some typos so that was the problem.

But thanks for the help cease and euro.
posted 21 February 2018 08:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
ZAP

posted 22 February 2018 00:51 AM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
it's been done

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Unused Animations List
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames