Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Typetest.xml file
posted 16 May 2015 03:12 PM EDT (US)   
Hey,

I noticed this file common in many trigger downloads in the Modpack download section. I assume that this is a core component that executes triggers in the editor of AOM.

When I add new typetest.xml's into the trigger/trigger2 folder, do I replace the previous typetest.xml that was already there, or do I rename each new one to keep the previous? Will the renaming effect the new trigger download being added into the folder?

Thanks for your all's help.

~~Ventrose~~
- I'm regarded valuable, yet I'm made of nothing. I'm always here but can't be seen. Forever I exist but can't be reached. I'm real and, yet, constructed by those who're so perplexed by me. With the swish of the hand, I swish past you, never to be anymore again, and yet...I'm always here. What am I?

- I can never fill a glass, and yet, the universe is full of me. Too little of me, and folks might feel uncomfortable, but too much of me, and people might feel lonely. What am I?

- Folks believe that they own me. I believe I own them, as I give so much to them; though I have no hands. I'm rich and poor all the same. Who truly knows the quantity of me out there in the universe. What am I?
Replies:
posted 16 May 2015 09:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
You can have multiple type test files. Just put the new file in the folder with a different name. There is a limit of around 10, although that may be gone now. If you do reach the limit you can put the effects and conditions from one file into another, they need to be in the right place though. The new effects and conditions that you add we just fit into the list alphabetically they are not separated into different folders in game.
posted 16 May 2015 11:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Ah, thanks for the info, Scragins.

Of course, I have yet to learn how to open xml's (which shouldn't be too hard) and to read/interpret what coding might be treasure-locked within (which should be rather hard at the moment).

Since I can't move the codes around from one typetest to another, if that's what you're meaning, I'll just stick to the pop-cap limit for typetest; if it does indeed exist.

Awesome!

~~Ventrose~~
- I'm regarded valuable, yet I'm made of nothing. I'm always here but can't be seen. Forever I exist but can't be reached. I'm real and, yet, constructed by those who're so perplexed by me. With the swish of the hand, I swish past you, never to be anymore again, and yet...I'm always here. What am I?

- I can never fill a glass, and yet, the universe is full of me. Too little of me, and folks might feel uncomfortable, but too much of me, and people might feel lonely. What am I?

- Folks believe that they own me. I believe I own them, as I give so much to them; though I have no hands. I'm rich and poor all the same. Who truly knows the quantity of me out there in the universe. What am I?

[This message has been edited by Ventrose (edited 05-16-2015 @ 11:02 PM).]

posted 17 May 2015 04:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
You can open .xml with note pad.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Typetest.xml file
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames